This is great.....herpes?

nucko

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 04:25 pm
So i recently started seeing this woman and shes awesome. Neither of us are looking for a relationship, and we get along so well. Which is cool because I could definetely see being good friends with her, and its never gone beyond kissing/fondling and what not but its only been a few weeks and i know it will. She told me the other night she has herpes though. So here I sit, I really would like to stay friends but I'm afraid we can't see each other too much w/out having sex. I mean i read all the stats an ****, how common herpes is, an shes on all the meds an stuff. But I really recently started dating again, before that it was about 11 years..I'm not sure this is something I should even involve myself in? Was just wondering if anyone else out there has ever done or thought bout something similar.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,768 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 05:35 pm
@nucko,
it is not a death sentence.

and if you wear a condom, and pay attention to her breakouts, you should be fine...
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 07:21 am
@Rockhead,
Agreed - I'd think you would want to use a condom any way. That should protect you.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 07:48 am
My first husband had herpes.
I never got it.
He was careful.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 07:53 am
herpes is a skin condition. Majority of people already have a strain of it as it is. Most of the times it shows up on the face.

you should use condoms all the time. With a condom you are fine.

no one should be having sex when there are open sores anyway.. thats common sense no matter what may be involved.

and if you have sex while she ISNT in an outbreak, and dont use a condom, you are still more than likely ok.
Herpes ..?? really? if i had to get a disease from sex, I would be first in line for that one.
I know several people who have herpes and most of them dont have outbreaks for YEARS with out meds. its no big deal if you really think she is worth it.

But, if she is going to be just a **** buddy and nothing else, dont think with just your dick here. The issue could also be that YOU carry it for a long time with out knowing it and pass it on to your next partner, or a woman you would like to have as a girlfriend. Then they will be looking at you the way you are looking at this woman right now..
chai2

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 08:21 am
@shewolfnm,
Shewolf, when my ex broke out, it wasn't always on his genitals.
Once he had a big sore at his waistline, near his navel.
Very painful, as that's right were his pants rode.

He just kept away from me then.
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 08:59 am
@chai2,
it affects one of 2 nerve clusters, either near the face, or near the butt. This can include other places like that too. Most people dont understand that. They think it is just concentrated in the genitals and that isnt true. It rides the nerve lines..
chai2

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:14 am
@shewolfnm,
Butt?

ew.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:22 am
@shewolfnm,
Would I need to use a condom on my face when kissing then?
chai2

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:24 am
@Linkat,
You definately would if you were kissing someone's butt.
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:44 am
@chai2,
My daughter once hurt her butt, she wanted me to kiss it. I said I draw the line at kissing your butt.

Although I have had to on a rare occassion figuratively kissed butts.
0 Replies