Is it safe to post original artwork and scripts here?

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 03:33 pm
I have been working on some comic book ideas and some folks want to know if I have anything to show. I am wondering is it safe to show some original artowrk and scripts here? I am a bit leery about doing so- I don't want people STEALING my material. I want to make sure all my stuff is copyrighted. Please help.

Sturgis

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 03:43 pm
@JGoldman10,
JG10 or JS05 wrote:

I have been working on some comic book ideas and some folks want to know if I have anything to show. I am wondering is it safe to show some original artowrk and scripts here? I am a bit leery about doing so- I don't want people STEALING my material. I want to make sure all my stuff is copyrighted. Please help.

Oh yes it is most indubitably safe, start posting away, as much original artwork and as many original scripts as you can place here.

You know I truly take offense at the idea that you think anybody would try stealing your materials. If you think so little of the people here then why are you still wandering around here?

You aren't a very good Christian if you don't trust us.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 06:45 pm
@Sturgis,
You don't know ART THEFT and PLAGIARISM are serious offenses?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 08:57 pm
Should I take the time to copyright anything I show here?

I have a DeviantArt account- I was thinking maybe I could post hyperlinks to some of my material here.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 09:15 pm
How do I know people won't try to steal something from me? I am not being pessimistic or paranoid - I am serious and being cautious.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 06:26 am
@JGoldman10,
I thought your work was copyrighted. I doubt if anybody would want to nick it, anyway. You should post something, just to prove you're not a fantasist.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 08:24 am
SOME of my art is copyrighted. I am wondering is it neccessary to copyright EVERY piece of work I make, with the Library of Congress? Or since some of material and characters copyrighted, is EVERY character and material I create afterwards automatically copyrighted?

Or is a circle with a C in it next to my name and date sufficient?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 08:36 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

SOME of my art is copyrighted. I am wondering is it neccessary to copyright EVERY piece of work I make, with the Library of Congress? Or since some of material and characters copyrighted, is EVERY character and material I create afterwards automatically copyrighted?

Or is a circle with a C in it next to my name and date sufficient?

Why don't you just post one copyrighted piece of art? Just one will do, that way we will know you're not a total bullshitter.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 08:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
That does make it legally copyrighted to you. Wether that keeps any one from stealing it and passing it off as theirs is a different matter.

I have posted links to works and uploaded pictures out right to this forum and have never had a problem at all.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 01:30 am
@Aldistar,
Thank you. When a use a circled c, the year and my name, do I have to use my first and last name, or can I use J. Goldman, or use my initals?
Aldistar

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
You can get away with J. Goldman
0 Replies