DO NOT DISCUSS SEX WITH ME

maxdancona

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 10:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
MAX WILL NOT BE MOCKED.
wmwcjr

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 10:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
You would have to cite a specific scripture for me to be able to give a more detailed response. Ceremonial uncleanness was a major concern under the Mosaic law, but you need to be careful not to apply Old Testament scriptures dealing with such matters to people today. Most, if not all, causes of ceremonial uncleanness would not be considered sinful today. Remember, the Mosaic law was nailed to the cross. In other words, it's no longer in effect and hasn't been since the first day of Pentecost following the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

Sorry, but I gotta go now.
0 Replies

firefly

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 10:53 pm
@JGoldman10,
Why would God not like "one who spreads strife among brothers"?

Do you strive to promote brotherhood? Harmony among people?
Quote:
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

So, what does that second commandment mean to you, JG?

JGoldman10

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:50 am
@maxdancona,
YOU are MOCKING GOD.

GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED - Galatians 6:7-10

YOU, SIR, ARE BEING BLASPHEMOUS.
JGoldman10

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:52 am
@firefly,
I didn't say I hate gays. Am I supposed to LIKE what they are doing? NO, GOD SAYS TO HATE SIN AND REBUKE SIN OPENLY. HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION. I AM PRAYING GAYS GET DELIVERED FROM HOMOSEXUALITY.
maxdancona

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 05:28 am
@JGoldman10,
Factually, sir, I am not mocking God. I am mocking YOUR posts. Since YOU are not God I don't need to worry. I think that God is mature enough to take it in stride if I were mocking her. I suspect she has a sense of humor.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 05:52 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I didn't say I hate gays. Am I supposed to LIKE what they are doing? NO, GOD SAYS TO HATE SIN AND REBUKE SIN OPENLY. HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION. I AM PRAYING GAYS GET DELIVERED FROM HOMOSEXUALITY.

You are hating gays. It's not a lifestyle choice, it's how people are. I'm not surprised one of your 'gay' relatives made a deathbed conversion, it must be terrifying for anyone to related to such a rabid gaybasher as yourself.
JGoldman10

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 06:31 am
@izzythepush,
I THANK GOD HE GOT DELIVERED FROM HOMOSEXUALITY.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 06:32 am
@izzythepush,
Do you love murderers and serial rapists?
izzythepush

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 07:07 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Of course not, but murderers and rapists ruin people's lives. What adults get up to in the privacy of their own rooms is no concern of mine, it's all love. Bigots and hate-mongers ruin people's lives, they have more in common with rapists and murderers than homosexuals do.
0 Replies

Questioner

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 07:58 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Better question. Do you?
0 Replies

firefly

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 11:17 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
GOD SAYS TO HATE SIN AND REBUKE SIN OPENLY.

Isn't the point of your religion to tell you how you can live a good life? What you should and should not do?

There is a definite difference between "spreading the Word" and acting like a self-appointed moral vigilante for God.

You want to avoid sinning in your own life, and that's fine, go right ahead. But others have the right to their choices--including the right not to believe as you do. That's what free will is all about.

Surely there is more to your religious foundation than just not sinning, or repeatedly quoting the same few Biblical passages. Doesn't your religion command any good works or positive values? Does your God tell you nothing but what you should hate? Is that how you see Jesus--as a hate-monger? What do you think Jesus meant by "Love thy neighbor as thyself"? How do you put that commandment into practice in your own life?
Questioner

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 11:26 am
@firefly,
Whatever Goldie practices isn't a good representation of what Christianity is, or is supposed to be.

And yes, he's missed the boat on the majority of the scriptures he's quoted.
izzythepush

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 11:51 am
@Questioner,
Questioner wrote:

Whatever Goldie practices isn't a good representation of what Christianity is, or is supposed to be.

And yes, he's missed the boat on the majority of the scriptures he's quoted.

He's missed the boat full stop.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:24 pm
@Questioner,
Matthew 7 : 1-2 -

Judge not that ye be not judged For with what judgment ye judge ye shall be judged and with what measure ye mete it shall be measured to you
JGoldman10

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:26 pm
I ADVOCATE ABSTINENCE AND CELIBACY.
djjd62

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:32 pm
@JGoldman10,
i advocate absinthe and celery
hawkeye10

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:40 pm
This thread is TOO. MUCH. FUN.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
I advocate Obstinance and Celebrity.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:47 pm
@djjd62,
In Prague you can get absinth with really mental levels of thujone. That's something good about Prague, that and the beer.