DO NOT DISCUSS SEX WITH ME

ossobuco

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 07:04 pm
@JGoldman10,
Very interesting. I take it you are gathering support. Are you getting some funding?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 07:07 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION. IT IS A SIN. THE WORD OF GOD SAYS SO.

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

1. Corin. 6:9,10 - Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
jcboy

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 07:08 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
THE MARRIAGE BED IS UNDEFILED AND IS TO BE HONORED BY ALL.

I don't believe that at all, I'm very picky about who gets in my bed but for you I'll make an exception.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 07:09 pm
I would have people like JCBOY ostracized.
JGoldman10

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 07:10 pm
WE ARE NOT ANIMALS. GOD MADE US IN HIS IMAGE. GOD GAVE US DOMINION OVER ANIMALS.

WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO ACT LIKE ANIMALS.
Lustig Andrei

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 07:20 pm
@JGoldman10,
Why are you yelling?
0 Replies

Questioner

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 07:20 pm
Is it me or did Goldie just do a swan-dive into the radical side?
0 Replies

patiodog

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 07:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
Leviticus. Really? Do you keep all the rules of Leviticus, or just the ones that are tied to your own insecurities?
0 Replies

firefly

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 07:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
Sock it to 'em, JG.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvelak7C0l1qanfqv.jpg

I think your virginity will be safe and sound indefinitely, JG. Who in their right mind would want to have sex with you?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 07:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
Jesus said 'Love Thy Neighbour.' That is the heart of Christianity. Nothing else matters, that is the most important commandment of all. That is the only commandment directly from the mouth of Jesus. If you do not obey that commandment nothing else matters. You do not love your neighbour. You hate people because of who they are. You are most definitely not a Christian.
firefly

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 08:07 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You are most definitely not a Christian.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/attachments/games-pics-jokes-stories/1986d1306952412-post-your-funny-facepalm-jesus-facepalm.jpg

Maybe JG needs to be born again...this time as a real Christian. His first time around seems to have been a miscarriage.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 10:11 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't hate gays - I don't like what they are doing. Homosexuality is an abomination. I had a relative who was gay, and before he passed on, HE GAVE UP HOMOSEXUALITY AND REPENTED AND GAVE HIS LIFE TO CHRIST.

Being gay is a LIFESTYLE CHOICE.
maxdancona

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 10:21 pm
@JGoldman10,
I don't hate Christians - I just don't like what they are doing. I had a roommate who was a Christian. He gave up his life in Christ and repented and lived happily as a gay man.

Being Christian is a LIFESTYLE CHOICE.

hingehead

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 10:21 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
DO NOT DISCUSS SEX WITH ME

YOU'RE RIGHT! - ENOUGH TALK!- TIME FOR SOME ACTION!
JGoldman10

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 10:24 pm
@maxdancona,
GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED.
JGoldman10

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 10:25 pm
@hingehead,
NEGRO, PLEASE!!! I am a MAN OF GOD and a VIRGIN - I saving myself for marriage.
wmwcjr

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 10:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10, yes, the New Testament condemns homosexual intercourse; but homosexuality is not the only sin. There are many different kinds of sin. Homosexuality should not be singled out as if it's the leading sin. What about covetousness, for example? Who needs to be reminded that there are many people who are covetous?

Incidentally, homosexual intercourse is not the only sin called an abomination in the Bible. Proverbs 6:16-19 lists seven sins that are called abominations: "(h)aughty eyes," "a lying tongue," "hands that shed innocent blood," "(a) heart that devises wicked plans," "feet that run rapidly to evil," "a false witness who utters lies," and "one who spreads strife among brothers." How interesting ... None of these seven sins is sexual in nature.

There is no verse in the New Testament that says gays should be ostracized in society. (Discipline of members of the church is another matter.) The New Testament does not contain blueprints for an American Taliban. The church is a spiritual institution, not a political one.

I used to have a gay friend before he died as a result of contracting the AIDS virus. He was one of the nicest guys I ever knew, and he never got fresh with me because he respected me.

Not many years ago there was a former professional football player named Esera Tuaolo who "came out of the closet" not long after he had retired from the NFL. He admitted that he had been gay ever since he was a very young boy. Tuaolo was contacted by a former teammate who told him that he believed homosexuality was wrong but that he would still be Tuaolo's friend. Tuaolo understood and respected his friend's point of view -- which would have been mine, had I been in that situation.

JG, what you must understand is that some young people find themselves with a homosexual predisposition through no fault of their own. I have no idea what causes this disposition, but that's beside the point. Hate the sin, yes; but don't hate the sinner. You should feel compassion for those in difficult situations. How does the old saying go? "There, but for the grace of God, go I." I know this sounds like walking on a tightrope and that it strikes some as being condescending, but I'm convinced this is the scriptural attitude to have towards others in sin.

Regarding the issue of wet dreams, I'm convinced that no scriptural argument can be made against them. Having wet dreams is totally beyond the guy's will power. He has absolutely no control over them.

Yes, a scriptural argument can be made against masturbation by citing scriptures that command Christians to keep their thoughts pure; but citing the death of Onan in the book of Genesis (which has already been dealt with in this topic) is not a sound argument.

I didn't want to wade into this mess; but I thought I should present another point of view, which I believe to be scriptural and which I expect to be attacked by people on both sides. As for me, I'm too preoccupied with my own sins and shortcomings to look down on others and to post statements that will not make any difference to people whom I already know don't believe in the Bible. I had humility (low self-esteem, really) imposed upon me a long time ago, even before I became a Christian.
JGoldman10

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 10:35 pm
@wmwcjr,
There was also a Scripture about "defilement in the camp" - that refers to masturbation.
firefly

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 10:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
Why is it that the only parts of the Bible that seem to concern you, or interest you, are the passages dealing with sex?

0 Replies

wmwcjr

Wed 3 Aug, 2011 10:44 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
NEGRO, PLEASE!!!

Huh? What? How did race enter the controversy? Confused

(In a moment I'll wake up and say, "It was only a dream.")