JGoldman10

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 10:14 pm
@patiodog,
I AM AN AFRICAN-AMERICAN.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 10:15 pm
@firefly,
I AM ASKING IF OTHER CHRISTIANS ARE HERE WHO "HAVE MY BACK".
wmwcjr

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 10:19 pm
@firefly,
Thanks for the compliment.

I have to admit there's not much more that I can say.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 10:20 pm
@JGoldman10,
What does "have my back" mean?
wmwcjr

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 10:24 pm
@wmwcjr,
Perhaps I'm reading this whole situation wrong, but you seem to be obsessed with these exchanges with other members. Believe me, I've been there. I know from my own experience that it doesn't do any good. You just hurt yourself with your own emotions while the others don't care. It's not worth it.
JGoldman10

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 11:15 pm
@wmwcjr,
"Have my back" is an African-American slang expression for "have my support",
JGoldman10

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 11:16 pm
@wmwcjr,
I was kind of like that on some other forums I have been on too. I went as far as to tell other people off on some other forums I was on.
izzythepush

Tue 2 Aug, 2011 04:05 am
@JGoldman10,
You've now got 13 pages of response to your statement. That's quite an achievement.

Why do you feel the need to ram your religion down people's throats? Can't you accept that a lot of what you say is offensive?

Why should anybody believe that you, and a few of your associates, are the only people who know the truth, when there are so many other religious groups all saying the same thing?
Bella Dea

Tue 2 Aug, 2011 06:24 am
@JGoldman10,
You had to mention it was an African American expression, right? Not just "an expression".

And you wonder why people call you racist. Rolling Eyes
Questioner

Tue 2 Aug, 2011 07:52 am
@izzythepush,
Some of what he says is offensive, the majority of it is just him being an idiot. Religion is what it is. Each one feels the need to spread it's message. It's just that there will always be those few that are extremely outspoken and think that only they can do 'God, Buddha, whatever's will here on earth.

Bottom line is people that believe that are more backwards than those that understand that proselytizing on a public forum is about as effective as lighting a cow paddy on fire and then shoving it in your pants. Unfortunately, it's asshats like Goldman and the Westboro group, and others that shine the brightest for everyone to see because they force themselves into the public eye with spectacle and idiocy.

Anyway.
izzythepush

Tue 2 Aug, 2011 07:57 am
@Questioner,
Questioner wrote:

Bottom line is people that believe that are more backwards than those that understand that proselytizing on a public forum is about as effective as lighting a cow paddy on fire and then shoving it in your pants.

It all depends on what you're trying to prove. If you want to prove you'll do almost anything when drunk, I would say it is very effective.
Questioner

Tue 2 Aug, 2011 08:06 am
@izzythepush,
Sure burns like hell though.
izzythepush

Tue 2 Aug, 2011 08:17 am
@Questioner,
Thanks for that, now you've done it, I don't have to.
0 Replies

firefly

Tue 2 Aug, 2011 12:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I was kind of like that on some other forums I have been on too. I went as far as to tell other people off on some other forums I was on.

And you're still telling people off on this forum too--you personally insult anyone who does not agree with you, or does not share your religious beliefs, or your beliefs about other things as well.

You have the right to voice any opinions or beliefs you wish--but so does everyone else, and what they say may, or may not, agree with your views. If you don't like the feedback you get, then don't post.

You are being extremely foolish when you post a topic such as this one--DO NOT DISCUSS SEX WITH ME--because you cannot dictate, or control, what other people say to you or post in threads you've started. You can only control your behavior, not the behavior of others--this is a public forum. Even in real life, the only real control you have is over what you do and say, you cannot control others.

I personally don't care what your religious beliefs are, or what the color of your skin is, or whether or not you choose to engage in sexual activity. But you seem to have an enormous chip on your shoulder about all of those things. And, because of that, you go on the offensive toward others and often provoke them into either counter-attacking or ridiculing you. You invite negative responses toward yourself and then you play the clueless victim. Maybe you really are clueless, JG, particularly if you repeat the same patterns of behavior over and over again on this forum and other forums, and can't understand why you keep eliciting the same sort of reactions over and over again.

What is it you are really seeking with all the threads you start and all the posts you make? Do you just want an audience--is it all about needing attention?

Even when you post asking for suggestions or help with some aspect of the comics or cartoons you want to create, or help with something else, you don't often seem to appreciate the help or comments others offer--and your requests for help appear bottomless.
And what sort of response do you hope to elicit by repeatedly stating your religious views and quoting the Bible? Do you really expect that everyone will share your beliefs? Not all Christians might even share the exact same beliefs that you do, or interpret the Bible quite as literally as you do, and unless you live in a cave somewhere, I'm sure you already know that. So, what's the point when you repeatedly proclaim your religious beliefs? What are you hoping to get in the way of a response from others? Are you just trying to prove that Christians get their beliefs attacked? Are you just trying to get attention?

Think about what you're doing, JG, and why you're doing it, and what you're trying to accomplish. And, if what you're doing is defeating your own aims, then stop doing it, otherwise you keep going around in circles and wind up defeating and sabotaging your own aims. Even if your goal is to just seek attention, others will wind up ignoring you if all you do is provoke, and irritate, and insult them. Think about what you're doing when you make a post, and why you're doing it, the only behavior you have control over is your own.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 2 Aug, 2011 04:26 pm
@Bella Dea,
Really? I have never heard any WHITE FOLKS use an expression like "GOT MY BACK."

It IS an old black expression- from the '90s at least.
hawkeye10

Tue 2 Aug, 2011 06:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Really? I have never heard any WHITE FOLKS use an expression like "GOT MY BACK.
I have long surmised that you never leave your mamma's house, so this does not come as a surprise.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Tue 2 Aug, 2011 07:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
You've never done any hard time either. That is standard jailhouse idiom to this very day, with no racial connections at all.
0 Replies

jcboy

Tue 2 Aug, 2011 07:22 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
HAVE MY BACK

Be careful how you use that phrase, there are gay men on this forum.
Ceili

Tue 2 Aug, 2011 07:44 pm
I thought it was an air force term originally.
hingehead

Tue 2 Aug, 2011 08:25 pm
@Ceili,
Sounds more Navy to me (schnarf, schnarf chortle)