DO NOT DISCUSS SEX WITH ME

wmwcjr

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 07:11 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'm not a person of color, but I am a Christian. I've not ridiculed you, but rather have complimented you on your self-control. I've also tried to give you advice. I'm sorry, but you exposed yourself to ridicule by starting this topic. I mean, it's like wearing a sign that says "KICK ME." You have to expect this sort of reaction in this forum for two reasons: (1) Our point of view is not popular, and (2) you inadvertently got on bad terms with other members by being a little bit rude -- uh, unnecessarily, I guess you could say.

I plan to be back later tonight.
JGoldman10

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 07:15 pm
@wmwcjr,
No one said you were trying to ridicule me. You are one of the few people here who has responded to me in a sensible and polite manner.

How was I being rude?
JGoldman10

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 07:16 pm
@wmwcjr,
I appreciate some of the advice you tried to give - thank you.
wmwcjr

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 07:39 pm
@JGoldman10,
Okay, I haven't left yet. Don't mean to go back on my word. I changed my mind about something I was going to do.

Thank you for the compliment.

I think part of the problem is that you already had a particular reputation before you started this topic. For a period of months (about a year's time, I guess), there were times when you responded a bit too sharply to other members.

You have to learn to respect others who hold to a point of view different from your (or our) own, even when they are wrong. I know this sounds hard, since you don't want to compromise your principles. But sometimes you have to understand where people are in terms of their own beliefs. For example, someone who doesn't believe in the Bible isn't going to care what it says. A nonbeliever in that situation first has to be convinced that the Bible is the word of God before he's going to care what it says about anything. Quoting scripture to such a person isn't going to make any impression upon him. You have to deal with people from the standpoint of where they are in their beliefs.

Also, you need to remember this is not a religious forum. Certain rules that you and I would expect to be followed in a religious forum will not be followed here; nor should one expect them to be, since most of the members of this forum are nonbelievers. It's just a fact of life.

Perhaps I'm naive, but I don't think you're a troll. I used to believe you were. Look, I'm sympathetic. When I started posting in this forum in the spring of 2009 in another topic that's totally unrelated to any of this stuff, I was angry and combative because of stress in my life that was indirectly related to the subject of the thread. Since I invested myself emotionally in my posts, I became obsessed and ended up crashing and burning. If I had been detached, I might have done some good because I did have some information that others didn't have. So, I know how you feel, I think.

Taking a break here ...
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 07:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
You're welcome. Smile Sorry I didn't know more to tell you. Well, actually, I didn't know anything about drawing comics.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 08:04 pm
@wmwcjr,
Incidentally, regarding that 2009 topic, I prefer to not reread any of the exchanges between myself and two other unnamed members. It's too painful for me to read. All that anger and hurt ... Sad
JGoldman10

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 08:05 pm
@wmwcjr,
Some people are cruel - I have experienced that.
firefly

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 08:26 pm
Quote:
Am I the ONLY CHRISTIAN or PERSON OF COLOR responding to this thread?

Are you suggesting that all Christians are, or should be, unwilling to discuss the topic of sex?

What does race have to do with the fact that you don't want people to discuss sex with you?

What makes you even think that anyone wants to discuss sex with you?
http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/attacking_troll_trollcat.jpg

STOP TRYING TO BAIT PEOPLE, JG!

JGoldman10

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 08:27 pm
@firefly,
So you think posting a pic of an ABYSSINIAN KITTEN is going to LESSEN THE BLOW?

maxdancona

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 08:34 pm
I have always wondered, why was Michelangelo's statue of David uncircumcised?

http://www.fototime.com/C91C03AC4D3B621/orig.jpg
firefly

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 08:37 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
So you think posting a pic of an ABYSSINIAN KITTEN is going to LESSEN THE BLOW?

What blow? Stop playing the victim. You have worn out that act.

You deliberately provoke using religion and race, then make highly offensive and insulting statements to others, and then you act like the innocent maligned victim when people react to what you're doing.
http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/attacking_troll_trollcat.jpg
hingehead

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 08:56 pm
@maxdancona,
That's up there with Adam's belly button on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 09:38 pm
@firefly,
IT IS CALLED EXERCISING FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

I AM EXPRESSING MY VIEWS AS A CHRISTIAN- I AM NOT GOING TO COMPROMISE MY BELIEFS AS A CHRISTIAN.

THE BIBLE SAYS TO HATE SIN AND REBUKE SIN OPENLY, AND THAT IS WHAT I AM DOING.

I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG BY ASKING IF THERE ARE OTHER CHRISTIANS OR OTHER PEOPLE OF COLOR HERE?
JGoldman10

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 09:39 pm
@firefly,
YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE CHRISTIANS LOOK LIKE WE ARE THE BAD GUYS HERE- SO WHAT DO YOU MEAN "PLAYING THE VICTIM"?

I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE'S SEX COMMENTS IN MY THREADS- ESPECIALLY WHEN THE TOPIC HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SEX.
wmwcjr

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 09:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
Actually, the hurt to which I refer originated outside of A2K. I brought it with me to the topic in question.
0 Replies

firefly

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 09:47 pm
@JGoldman10,
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UpvlAtFbCxM/TSy7Ah-G2MI/AAAAAAAAABU/Ybq0uvacsaA/s1600/cu_blah.jpg
Same old, same old...
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 09:47 pm
@firefly,
I think he was asking someone to defend him.

P.S. I think that cat picture is funny. Laughing
wmwcjr

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 09:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
So, you gotta stop responding to them and start ignoring them. They love your responses.
0 Replies

firefly

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 10:00 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
I think he was asking someone to defend him.

Why would he need people of color to defend him? What on earth does race have to do with any of this? Whenever he can't provoke enough of a response with religion, or he feels like he's losing his audience, he drags in race. It's really a rather tiresome routine.

Maybe you can help him understand that he's the one doing most of the attacking, and provoking.

I admire your patience and your attempts to be helpful to him. I think it's a lost cause, but good luck.

patiodog

Mon 1 Aug, 2011 10:04 pm
Wow, now I've got to come to terms with a facet of my racism. I figured a loony of this caliber (troll or no, it's nutty behavior either way) just had to be a white dude.

Live and learn, live and learn.