DR WHO SCARVES

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 07:58 pm
I am trying to find out about the names of the episodes of Dr Who with Tom Baker as Dr Who wearing his famous outlandish extra long scarves. So far I've only got "Ark in Space" and "Robot". I am wondering if there are any Dr Who fans who might be able to let me know of any other episodes of Tom as Dr Who wearing his scarves. Much appreciated.

Reyn

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 08:23 pm
@drillersmum,
Tom Baker pretty much wore that scarf in every episode.

Here is a list of episodes that he was in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/episodeguide/index_fourth.shtml
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 09:01 pm
Nip up to your local ABC shop, buy a couple of DVD's and get your own Dr Who scarf!

Or try ABC Online
drillersmum

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 09:26 pm
@margo,
Thanks for that. I certainly did as you suggested. Ordered 3 DVDs... that should be enough, for the time being at least. When the package arrived... low and behold... inside the package, along with the 3 DVDs, was a dear little Dr Who scarf. Admittedly it was only 5 1/2 feet long, not counting the fringe, but the best part of it was now I can actually see the exact colours. The ply must have been 1 or 2 ply the yarn is so thin. The scarf even had a BBC "Doctor Who" "Limited Edition" "Collector's Scarf" label sewn onto it. My next project is to take the scarf along to a knitting yarn store and try to buy matching colours. Wouldn't it be great to just order from somewhere the proper colours in pre packaged yarns? Meantime I'll have to do it the old fashioned way. I'm going to have a hard time finding the "rust" colour which is like a butterscotch or burnt orange shade, and the green, a sort of yukkie green. Onwards and upwards I guess. Tks for the reply.
Reyn

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 12:31 am
@drillersmum,
drillersmum wrote:
... My next project is to take the scarf along to a knitting yarn store and try to buy matching colours. Wouldn't it be great to just order from somewhere the proper colours in pre packaged yarns? ...

Are you going to make the scarves for yourself?

I smell a business opportunity! Wink
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 01:53 am
Glad to help, drillersmum

There's still some winter left - you should get some wear out of it - I hate those August winds!
0 Replies