So how much fluid does YOUR bladder hold?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 10:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yes, you were taunting. Reread yourself.

I am not paranoid.

I got splatted for mentioning 24 hour collections, in a thread about urine collection.

My then medical community was pretty sharp re medicine, as are a number of other places in the u.s. and the rest of the world. We were never isolated.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 11:40 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Yes, you were taunting. Reread yourself.

I am not paranoid.

I got splatted for mentioning 24 hour collections, in a thread about urine collection.

My then medical community was pretty sharp re medicine, as are a number of other places in the u.s. and the rest of the world. We were never isolated.

No, I wasn't taunting you, and I should know better than you what I intended.

I was joshing you but that is something entirely different. I though you could take some gentle ribbing, but maybe I was wrong.

Maybe you're not paranoid but you are displaying a very thin skin on this topic.

You seem to want to be affronted by anything and everything.

I have no reason to believe that your medical community was not a world leader and set protocol for other medical communities around the globe. As far as this thread goes, it really doesn't matter.

Irrespective of how influential your medical community was to the wider medical community at large, it was quite isolated in comparison to the far broader community of people who include bakers, teachers, stock brokers, retail clerks, housewives, construction workers, lawers, steam fitters et al, and who, believe me, would never think collecting urine for 24 hours in large jugs to be common.

Lighten up while you still can.

I like and respect you Osso, but these silly tiffs generated by the chip you are carrying on your shoulder are becoming tiresome.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 11:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I somehow doubt that 24 hour urines weren't done widely.
Or, god, I hope not.
http://webed.miner.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=92&ContentID=P08955

You are putzing.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 04:09 am
@ossobuco,
I'm surprised Finnbar hasn't blamed Obama for the lack of 24 hour urine collection today. He's just jealous, if you took the piss out of Finnbar, there'd be nothing left.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 04:45 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
ossobuco wrote:

Back in my days, people were asked to collect urine in large jugs for 24 hours.
I've no idea if this is still common.

Yep Osso - this is still widely used practice.

Most often used with diabetic patients (particularly gestational diabetes), those with kidney malfunction, Cushings Syndrome and other conditions that affect... oooh oooh, who might that be.... the whole community at large! Shocked

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/patient-information-collection-of-a-24-hour-urine-specimen

http://www.kidney.org/professionals/kdoqi/guidelines_ckd/p5_lab_g5.htm

creatinine levels, albumin levels etc etc etc etc

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Irrespective of how influential your medical community was to the wider medical community at large, it was quite isolated in comparison to the far broader community of people who include bakers, teachers, stock brokers, retail clerks, housewives, construction workers, lawers, steam fitters et al, and who, believe me, would never think collecting urine for 24 hours in large jugs to be common.

to pee or not to pee... that is the question?

including the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker...

who knew Finn! errrrr...... careful, you might get a little splashback there when you took the p!ss !

http://johnnytubesteak.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/wet-pants-shoes.jpg

see, we can all take the p - it's just whether or not one is accurate!

firefly

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 10:48 am
So how much fluid does YOUR bladder hold?

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/pee_hose.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 10:51 pm
@ossobuco,
And you're obsessing.

But OK, you're right.

24 hour collections of urine is not only a common practice among every day Americans, as izzy points out, peeing in a jug all day is a common practice for the average Brit too.

I guess it was only my family that didn't collect piss, and in that we were (thankfully) uncommon.

I'm sorry I tried to kid you. It won't happen again.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 10:54 pm
@Izzie,
Oops - different izzy

In any case, it's obvious that I failed to recognize that this was a scientific thread intended only for those who have worked in the medical community.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 09:26 am
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 12:10 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
...I'm of that big physically either...hence, not the biggest bladed.

The bladder, similar to the stomach, is an organ which stretches. Over time, if urine is retained due to an individual not emptying upon fee!ling the urge to go, it can expand quite a bit. In a hospital stay a few years ago, when having to straight-cath 3 or 4 times daily, I was given a new nickname of The bladder, since I would start filing up a second urinal from one draining. I'm shorter than you are Ragman.
Also, bladders come in different sizes at the start and similar to other things, they don't go hand in hand with body size.

Incidentally, before earning the nickname of The bladder, the same guy had nicknamed me as The Neck, due to my weird ability to hold myself up against a wall by leaning my head into it.
camlok

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 12:29 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
The Neck, due to my weird ability to hold myself up against a wall by leaning my head into it.

At what angle?
Sturgis

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 01:30 pm
@camlok,
Between 80 and 130 (approximately, since it was never measured)
camlok

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 01:41 pm
@Sturgis,
That's impressive! Were you able to hold it for any length of time, S?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 01:54 pm
@camlok,
Your gall bladder must be gargantuan because the amount of bile it contains is truly stupendous. Cool
camlok

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 02:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why would the coward show up in this thread, Finn?
camlok

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 02:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
And thanks for illustrating how A2K hides posts with uncomfortable truths in them.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 02:05 pm
@camlok,
I don't know JTT, but here you are over and over and over again. So maybe you can answer your own question.
camlok

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 02:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I don't know JTT, ...

You do know, Finn. And your lame attempts at distraction are typically Finn.

You are the one who whined, constantly, about how I wouldn't answer your questions. You, like Max, pretend to be such open minded individuals but you are always setting preconditions on the topics.
chai2

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 02:37 pm
@camlok,
camlok and finn, both of you, stop fighting or get the **** off this lighthearted thread I started a long time ago.

If you too want to go at it, start your own thread, or pm each other.
camlok

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 02:45 pm
@chai2,
If you note, I was right in there with the light-heartedness of the thread, chai2. Focus your attention where it belongs.