The Dean Temper? Puulleeeze

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 10:17 am
This Ungerer guy stands up, has his say, and then when Dean tries to respond gets up to interrupt after having just complained about a lack of civility. When Dean calls him on it, and tells Ungerer to sit down so he can finish, suddenly it's the "Dean temper" .Nonsense.

One thing's for damn sure, this wouldn't have happened at a Bush rally. If Ungerer was a Gore supporter who voted Gore in 2000 he would have been half a mile away from the rally penned up in a "Free Speech Zone" being watched by police.

http://www.reuters.com/printerFriendlyPopup.jhtml?type=politicsNews&storyID=4107420
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 520 • Replies: 7
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 03:07 pm
You mean like this?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 03:29 pm
McGentrix wrote:
You mean like this?

I see what you're saying but find it pointless.....because at live events the bush mafia DOES pen people up in free speech zones..this is documented and unrefutable......

I would also bet that if given free reign the bush inc. would eliminate forums of this kind and then eventually the people who participate in them.......I believe that with every fibre of my being...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 03:38 pm
From elsewhere:

name_changed_to_protect_the_innocent wrote:
ditto wrote:
(that same long link)

If you can't handle the idea that people disagree with you...maybe President of the US isn't the right job for you.

Nothing new there, I know of at least since Johnson has this gone on (history channel has mentioned it more than once). Hell they even did that for then vice-president Gore when he visited Tennessee. People who were allowed to say "hi" or anything to him (at the national lab I used to work at) were given a list of what to wear and what topics to bring up and wich ones not too.

Do you think that all of the conservatives that didn't like Clinton simply stayed away because they didn't want to rock the boat? No, they were also removed, now wether it is because of some percieved "security" reasons the Sectret Servie has or a speech limiter depends on your view of the current president I suppose.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 07:32 pm
McGentrix,

Quoting an article from "The Spotlight" is hardly going to get you any intellectual points.

This is a very thinly veiled anti-semetic rag that believes the Jewish controlled UN is about to swoop in with black helicopters to take over the US at any moment.

You are going to have to post a more reliable source than what is little more than a quasi-nazi Enqirerer.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 08:13 pm
Perhaps McGentrix is really a lizardy alien living under DIA?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 08:13 am
Right, because of the source, the event never happened...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 08:26 am
straight from the GOP playbook there buddy.....
0 Replies