Fri 30 Mar, 2012 12:20 am
@chai2,
ROCK CLIMBING!!!
Fido

Fri 30 Mar, 2012 07:20 am
@bulldogcoma,
bulldogcoma wrote:

ROCK CLIMBING!!!
I'd do that if my head were harder... Even rollerblading I find I do not bounce as well as I used to... Back before I was an obsolete ironworker, the statistic was that a fall of eleven feet is the 50% point, where half the falls resulted in death... It figures... Just about enough space for some one to turn end for end and break their skull or neck... There was seldom a day I worked when my chances did not far exceed the mere possibility of death and get right into certainty...That means I'm lucky to be able to converse with you; but I don't count on it...
bulldogcoma

Fri 30 Mar, 2012 03:21 pm
@Fido,
Its all about protecting yourself adequately... of course bouldering and free soloing are always dangerous as well as lead climbing which results in many a broken leg.. but mingling with certain death has its appeal in allowing you to come to terms with your own mortality while keeping in tune with the present moment. The hard part is deconstructing years of evolutionary design telling you that, without argument, you are going to die if you fall (even with protection). Of course, this gives you all the more incentive to go hard and allows your adrenal glands to secrete a little more pump. And why wouldn't you be able to converse with me?
demonhunter

Fri 30 Mar, 2012 10:58 pm
@bulldogcoma,
I exercise my right to pursue life, liberty, and truth about this place (okay, so maybe that last one isn't a right, but it would be cool). TROLL.
Fido

Sat 31 Mar, 2012 08:52 am
@demonhunter,
demonhunter wrote:

I exercise my right to pursue life, liberty, and truth about this place (okay, so maybe that last one isn't a right, but it would be cool). TROLL.
A slave thinks he need only be master of himself for liberty, but the master thinks he must be master of slaves to have liberty... What he seeks is freedom from work, while the slave seeks slavery from slavery...
Region Philbis

Sat 31 Mar, 2012 11:24 am
@Fido,

(as a courtesy to those who have him on ignore, please do not quote demonhunter's posts...)
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Sat 31 Mar, 2012 01:39 pm
Well, for exercise I mostly ride my bike to a friends house or the park or something. Im on the dance team at school and we have practice on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and sometimes Saturdays. I do gymnastics after school. I swim alot in the summer. I like playing softball and kickball. And I have Wii Sports, Just Dance 2, Michael Jackson Experience, and Zumba Fitness Wii games and I play those alot. Smile
GracieGirl

Sat 31 Mar, 2012 01:40 pm
@GracieGirl,
Oh! And I like skating and playing Laser Tag! Those can be exercise too! Smile
0 Replies

jcboy

Sat 31 Mar, 2012 01:47 pm
Marco and I go to the gym five days a week, he’s really building up faster then I am.
0 Replies

bulldogcoma

Sat 31 Mar, 2012 07:12 pm
@Fido,
looks like we're both trolls Fido. Perhaps we could share a bridge? Scheme together and devise clever riddles?
0 Replies

claudine

Thu 12 Apr, 2012 02:10 am
I do yoga at least five days a week and also go for a walk in the evening
0 Replies

Fido

Thu 12 Apr, 2012 09:02 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

GUNNERY PRACTICE!

Thomas Jefferson recommended that over ball games,
in writing to his 12 year old nephew. He advised him
to take his gun with him every time he went out for a walk. That 's exercise.

David
No ****!!! The best gun to shoot is the worst one to carry...
0 Replies

Fido

Thu 12 Apr, 2012 09:08 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Oh and I was told by my doctor, I can no longer help my husband in our garden. Seems there is alot of poison ivy (which I never had a reaction to my whole life) and I ended up with this vile stuff in my eyes - I had to take steriods (baseball here I come) so she told me no more gardening.
The first time I ever had a reaction to that stuff I got it on my unit before I even knew what I had got into, and I was about dying from it, and I told my boss it was driving me nuts, and I had to see a doctor... He said: You have been doing some work outside???
I said: Yes...
He said: I will tell you exactly what you have and how to treat it... And He did... Wash it up with soap and water, put alcohol on it to dry it up, and leave it alone...I miss that guy...
0 Replies

mariablack

Fri 13 Apr, 2012 03:20 am
@djjd62,
in my opinion yoga is the best way to keep our self fit & healthy. Its good for both healthy as well as skinny person.
Fido

Sat 14 Apr, 2012 07:07 am
@mariablack,
mariablack wrote:

in my opinion yoga is the best way to keep our self fit & healthy. Its good for both healthy as well as skinny person.
I like it too; but it does not get my heart rate up for a long enough period of time to make me feel fit...
0 Replies

sheranudeep

Tue 17 Apr, 2012 04:04 am
@chai2,
I do intensive running every day . Earlier it used to be pain but now its fun .
0 Replies

goodhealth

Sat 21 Apr, 2012 01:20 pm
@chai2,
With a desk job it can be hard to find the time and place to exercise. But I have made a good routine of drinking a lot of water each day, which forces me to get up move around throughout the day (refill my water bottle, use the restroom, etc.) Not much for a full routine of exercise, but it help when I can't get to the gym.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sat 21 Apr, 2012 02:31 pm
I've worked out regularly for most of my life; running, bicycling, gymnastics and weight training. I commuted to work on a bicycle for about ten years and ran (or jogged) about 18 miles/week (not much by today's standards) until my late '50s when my knees started to give out. Even at sea I ran regularly (4 laps around a carrier flight deck is about 2.5 miles). It has always given me a lift (I found that, while working out didsn't solve my problems, for about six hours after a good workout I didn't give a damn about them). After a while the wear & tear takes its toll - I've had a knee replacement and two bouts of rotator cuff repair. However, I believe it has provided ample benefits in return. I still workout vigorously in a healthclub for over an hour 4-5 days/week, and, though I have had to reduce the weight load (130 lb bench presses instead of 170), I'm still at it at 74.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 5 May, 2012 02:17 am
@georgeob1,
I drink, I smoke, I work too many hours, I stress, and I need to do a whole lot more to just "relax" instead of thinking a cig will do it or a glass of wine (at night)

It's nearly winter here, brrrr... David says, are we walking the dogs tonight? And without a doubt no matter how tired I am, or sore (a slight disability), I say YES.

I need and want to try Yoga....................
0 Replies

honitel

Mon 7 May, 2012 04:58 pm
@chai2,
Yoga in pool area? That's refreshing indeed.
0 Replies