Are atheists being more illogical than agnostics?

Frank Apisa

Sat 11 Jan, 2014 09:17 am
@igm,
igm wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

igm wrote:

anonymously99 wrote:

Senseless.

I agree, disagree, both agree and disagree and neither agree or disagree... if there was an 'I'. It's all senseless... and the joke is how we all try to make sense of it... Laughing

Some... Some... most... Some... seem...

I'm sure this meant something to you. It is indecipherable to me.
izzythepush

Sat 11 Jan, 2014 09:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
This should help.
http://able2know.org/topic/139792-20#post-5540020
0 Replies

carnaticmystery

Sat 11 Jan, 2014 09:01 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
So if I say: 'Queen Elizabeth 2 is a pedophile', or 'Ouagadougou is the capital of India', that's just as true as anything else, right?

if you want it to be, yes, just like all other apparent truths you know which are actually only things you want to be true.
carnaticmystery

Sat 11 Jan, 2014 09:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Oh, I see just fine. You are not calm at all. You are out of control. You ought really to learn how to contain that.

no you see badly. i am calm. i am in control. i don't need to contain anything.
Quote:
I see! So you think I am not responding to you!

Wow!

you are not responding to the points i made in an earlier posts, for your defence mechanism reason of first needing to get me calm. haha.
Quote:
Still think I am not responding!

You are a card.

read above. you still haven't responded.
Quote:
If you had a sense of humor...it would even entertain you!

the entirety of life is an entertainment only, it is only you who separates entertainment from ultimate truth, and categorizes this conversation as the former only. you live in the prison of belief system.
carnaticmystery

Sat 11 Jan, 2014 09:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Some of us don't. Some of us are willing to accept "I do not know" as an answer to most of those ultimate questions.

yes, some fools such as yourself are able to blindly stick to the philosophy of not knowing anything, and forcefully keeping your intellect in that state. i agree that it is a willingness on your part, a conscious effort to prevent the intellect from realising its own lack of absolute individuality.

Quote:
Some of us...like you, igm, seem not only to further the joke by trying to make sense of it...you folk actually pretend you KNOW what is going on.

it is you who is pretending that you KNOW that 'not knowing' is the ultimate solution.

you are simply attacking anybody who claims to know anything, just because you claim to know NOTHING, and that nobody else could possibly know anything either. very foolish.

once you accept it is possible that you may know something, then you will be able to understand everything myself, igm, fresco etc are saying. only when you stop thinking that we have individually realised something that you are not able to. this is not the case. the deeper universality has penetrated our individuality more than it has in you, that is all. therefore our perspective is deeper.
anonymously99stwin

Sat 11 Jan, 2014 09:23 pm
@carnaticmystery,
Why the attack. Why feel you must?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jan, 2014 07:50 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
So if I say: 'Queen Elizabeth 2 is a pedophile', or 'Ouagadougou is the capital of India', that's just as true as anything else, right?

if you want it to be, yes, just like all other apparent truths you know which are actually only things you want to be true.

Wow...and I thought things could not get any wackier with you, CM.

I try always to acknowledge when I am wrong...and when I thought that...I was wrong.
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jan, 2014 07:54 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
Oh, I see just fine. You are not calm at all. You are out of control. You ought really to learn how to contain that.

no you see badly. i am calm. i am in control. i don't need to contain anything.

Yeah, CM...you are badly out of control...and losing ground each day.

Quote:
Quote:
I see! So you think I am not responding to you!

Wow!

you are not responding to the points i made in an earlier posts, for your defence mechanism reason of first needing to get me calm. haha.

I am responding to everything you write...or babble, CM.

Quote:
Quote:
Still think I am not responding!

You are a card.

read above. you still haven't responded.

Yeah I have...and you even quoted my response. You gotta keep up, CM. Wink

Quote:
Quote:
If you had a sense of humor...it would even entertain you!

the entirety of life is an entertainment only, it is only you who separates entertainment from ultimate truth, and categorizes this conversation as the former only. you live in the prison of belief system.

I understand that one of YOUR beliefs...is that I live in a belief system. You are very entertaining when you talk about that. Do keep it up.
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jan, 2014 08:00 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
Some of us don't. Some of us are willing to accept "I do not know" as an answer to most of those ultimate questions.

yes, some fools such as yourself are able to blindly stick to the philosophy of not knowing anything, and forcefully keeping your intellect in that state. i agree that it is a willingness on your part, a conscious effort to prevent the intellect from realising its own lack of absolute individuality.

Yeah...interesting blind guess. Thank you for sharing it.

Quote:
Quote:
Some of us...like you, igm, seem not only to further the joke by trying to make sense of it...you folk actually pretend you KNOW what is going on.

it is you who is pretending that you KNOW that 'not knowing' is the ultimate solution.

I have never suggested it is "the ultimate solution." It is simply the truth. When I say I do not know something...I do not know it.

Quote:
you are simply attacking anybody who claims to know anything, just because you claim to know NOTHING, and that nobody else could possibly know anything either. very foolish.

I do not claim to know NOTHING...and I do not ever suppose other people KNOW NOTHING. Are you really reduced to silly strawmen building, CM.

C'mon...we've got a lot further to go. You can't start slipping like that.

Quote:
once you accept it is possible that you may know something...

But I do, CM. The notion that I know nothing is something you just made up.

Quote:
... then you will be able to understand everything myself, igm, fresco etc are saying.

What makes you think I do not understand it now? I just think it is, in large part, simply babble.

Quote:
only when you stop thinking that we have individually realised something that you are not able to. this is not the case. the deeper universality has penetrated our individuality more than it has in you, that is all. therefore our perspective is deeper.

Ah...you mean if I just join your church I will be one with you.

No thanks!
Olivier5

Sun 12 Jan, 2014 10:28 am
@carnaticmystery,
Quote:
Quote:

And everything you know, and everything you ever said on this board, is just as true as 'Queen Elizabeth 2 is a pedophile', or 'Ouagadougou is the capital of India', right?
anonymously99stwin

Sun 12 Jan, 2014 10:45 am
@Olivier5,
What does Queen Elizabeth and pedophile have to do with one another and/or this topic/site?

Hmm. You [BABES] trying to **** with my head as usual?

As I sit here and think to myself about why that shoe is in the corner. I don't know.
Olivier5

Sun 12 Jan, 2014 12:02 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
It has to see with whether true and false are meaningful categories or not.
JimmyJ

Tue 14 Jan, 2014 02:01 pm
@carnaticmystery,
When will you learn that Frank Apisa is a wannabe-Socrates?
anonymously99stwin

Tue 14 Jan, 2014 02:06 pm
@JimmyJ,
When you learn no one really cares.
0 Replies

carnaticmystery

Wed 15 Jan, 2014 10:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow...and I thought things could not get any wackier with you, CM.

its not wacky. qe2 could be a paedophile, there is no possible way of knowing. thinking it is true or false is stupid and wrong. similarly, a new city could have emerged in india in the last few seconds which was kept secret for all of history until now. it doesn't matter what you say, anything could be true or false depending on opinion, perspective.

Quote:
I try always to acknowledge when I am wrong...and when I thought that...I was wrong.

you are going to be doing a lot of acknowledging.
carnaticmystery

Wed 15 Jan, 2014 10:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Yeah, CM...you are badly out of control...and losing ground each day.

losing ground only matters/exists to a dualistic, limited mind.
Quote:
I am responding to everything you write...or babble, CM.

no, your memory isn't serving you well. you openly admitted earlier that you won't respond to my long post until i calm down. i am simply pointing out that that is a pathetic defence mechanism, equalled only by your entertainment one.
Quote:
I understand that one of YOUR beliefs...is that I live in a belief system. You are very entertaining when you talk about that. Do keep it up.

yes. i am not so stupid that i claim to be beyond beliefs, i just state the obvious. the individual believes, the universality is not capable of believing because it is everything, which has no room for a limited process of belief which happens in individual consciousness only.

the individual me believes all my opinions which i am arguing here. the universality deeper inside me is aware of all this as a nothingness eternal play. you can deny that universality forever but then when your body dies there is nothing else to take over. may as well acknowledge it while alive.
carnaticmystery

Wed 15 Jan, 2014 10:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I do not claim to know NOTHING...and I do not ever suppose other people KNOW NOTHING. Are you really reduced to silly strawmen building, CM.

C'mon...we've got a lot further to go. You can't start slipping like that.

this is how you certainly do claim to know NOTHING:

my claim is that there is nothing, because in my direct experience, i experience the nothingness, even though that is paradoxical.

your counter claim is that no, this is not possible, it is blind guessing, because all possible claims about ultimate truth are blind guesses, experience is not possible of ultimate truth.

why not? because you have investigated all the current evidence on ultimate truth, and have decided that YOU DON'T KNOW. that is your final stance no matter what, you have built a prison where you can never escape.

now, you may say, yes i do know many other things. but who cares? they are all limited by your own admission, because you ADMIT you DO NOT KNOW the ultimate truth. not knowing the ultimate truth amounts to KNOWING NOTHING AT ALL, at the absolute level.

learn to keep up, amateur.
carnaticmystery

Wed 15 Jan, 2014 10:33 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
And everything you know, and everything you ever said on this board, is just as true as 'Queen Elizabeth 2 is a pedophile', or 'Ouagadougou is the capital of India', right?

yes dumb ****. there is no way of knowing if your two pathetic examples are actually not true. ABSOLUTELY no way of being sure that they are not true. just like for all concepts on earth. there is no truth other than self defined as such.
carnaticmystery

Wed 15 Jan, 2014 10:34 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
It has to see with whether true and false are meaningful categories or not.

hahaha exactly. you are stuck in the belief system of true vs false, like frank. of course those are meaningful categories to you. they are your entire existence. without them, you lose your individuality, which you are clinging to for dear life (literally).
cicerone imposter

Thu 16 Jan, 2014 12:36 am
@carnaticmystery,
Frank's not into acknowledging: he's into pushing his ideas that has no basis in reality. He believes his definition of words is universal, when in fact it's total ignorance. He's on my IGNORE list, and he believes it's because of my lack of maturity. He's a babe in the woods compared to everybody else who posts on a2k.