Are atheists being more illogical than agnostics?

Olivier5

Thu 16 Jan, 2014 06:17 am
@carnaticmystery,
And the fact is that your mother likes to **** monkeys, right?
Olivier5

Thu 16 Jan, 2014 06:20 am
@carnaticmystery,
Quote:
hahaha exactly. you are stuck in the belief system of true vs false, like frank.

Hahaha, and that sentence of yours is true or false? :-)
Frank Apisa

Thu 16 Jan, 2014 07:48 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
So if I say: 'Queen Elizabeth 2 is a pedophile', or 'Ouagadougou is the capital of India', that's just as true as anything else, right?

Quote:
if you want it to be, yes, just like all other apparent truths you know which are actually only things you want to be true.

Quote:

Wow...and I thought things could not get any wackier with you, CM.

its not wacky. qe2 could be a paedophile, there is no possible way of knowing. thinking it is true or false is stupid and wrong. similarly, a new city could have emerged in india in the last few seconds which was kept secret for all of history until now. it doesn't matter what you say, anything could be true or false depending on opinion, perspective.

Not sure of your point...but most of what you are saying is so off-the-wall, it doesn't really matter.

Quote:
Quote:
I try always to acknowledge when I am wrong...and when I thought that...I was wrong.

you are going to be doing a lot of acknowledging.

Could be!
Frank Apisa

Thu 16 Jan, 2014 07:52 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
Yeah, CM...you are badly out of control...and losing ground each day.

losing ground only matters/exists to a dualistic, limited mind.

Really! And of course, in your guesswork...a dualistic mind is impossible.

Jeez!

Quote:
Quote:
I am responding to everything you write...or babble, CM.

no, your memory isn't serving you well. you openly admitted earlier that you won't respond to my long post until i calm down. i am simply pointing out that that is a pathetic defence mechanism, equalled only by your entertainment one.

Earth to CM....Earth calling CM.

That WAS a response!

Quote:
Quote:
I understand that one of YOUR beliefs...is that I live in a belief system. You are very entertaining when you talk about that. Do keep it up.

yes. i am not so stupid that i claim to be beyond beliefs, i just state the obvious. the individual believes, the universality is not capable of believing because it is everything, which has no room for a limited process of belief which happens in individual consciousness only.

I do not live in a belief system. I do not do believing. If you ever hear me say that I "believe" anything...call it to my attention.

Quote:
the individual me believes all my opinions which i am arguing here. the universality deeper inside me is aware of all this as a nothingness eternal play. you can deny that universality forever but then when your body dies there is nothing else to take over. may as well acknowledge it while alive.

My response to this is...how do you stand typing such pap?
Frank Apisa

Thu 16 Jan, 2014 07:54 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
I do not claim to know NOTHING...and I do not ever suppose other people KNOW NOTHING. Are you really reduced to silly strawmen building, CM.

C'mon...we've got a lot further to go. You can't start slipping like that.

this is how you certainly do claim to know NOTHING:

my claim is that there is nothing, because in my direct experience, i experience the nothingness, even though that is paradoxical.

your counter claim is that no, this is not possible, it is blind guessing, because all possible claims about ultimate truth are blind guesses, experience is not possible of ultimate truth.

why not? because you have investigated all the current evidence on ultimate truth, and have decided that YOU DON'T KNOW. that is your final stance no matter what, you have built a prison where you can never escape.

now, you may say, yes i do know many other things. but who cares? they are all limited by your own admission, because you ADMIT you DO NOT KNOW the ultimate truth. not knowing the ultimate truth amounts to KNOWING NOTHING AT ALL, at the absolute level.

learn to keep up, amateur.

Nice try, CM...but once again...no cigar.

I have never stated that I do not know anything...and you will never cite an instance where I have said it.

If you want to contort words in order not to have to acknowledge you are dead wrong on this...please...contort.

You do so much of that...this little bit is not going to break any camel's back! Wink
Frank Apisa

Thu 16 Jan, 2014 07:57 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Frank's not into acknowledging: he's into pushing his ideas that has no basis in reality. He believes his definition of words is universal, when in fact it's total ignorance. He's on my IGNORE list, and he believes it's because of my lack of maturity. He's a babe in the woods compared to everybody else who posts on a2k.

Yeah...ci...I am on your IGNORE list...a list that seems to go on forever. But we all know you full of soup on that...especially you...because you are peeking at this right now and you cannot hide that from yourself.

You know you are a liar!

Of course, I do not know that...it is purely a guess. You really cannot challenge it unless someone quotes me...but I feel confident enough with my guess to be laughing my butt off while typing this!
reasoning logic

Thu 16 Jan, 2014 06:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Don't feel so all alone because he said I was on ignore as well but he still comments on what I say from time to time. If we were on his ignore list would he comment from time to time?

I think he loves what you share but has a rather unusual way of showing it. lol
anonymously99stwin

Thu 16 Jan, 2014 09:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
Frank Apisa

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 08:29 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Don't feel so all alone because he said I was on ignore as well but he still comments on what I say from time to time. If we were on his ignore list would he comment from time to time?

I think he loves what you share but has a rather unusual way of showing it. lol

I think you may be correct, RL.

He's all worked up because I pretty much showed that he is too small a person to acknowledge that he is wrong...when he is clearly wrong.

But he almost certainly reads the postings of the people he supposedly has on ignore...because he goes into childish snits and puts almost everyone on ignore. Without reading them...he'd have no one to talk with!
anonymously99

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I can't kiss you Frank Apisa as long as you insist on continuously refusing direct contact with me.
neologist

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:57 pm
@anonymously99,
Frank probably doesn't "believe" in kiss and tell. Wink
anonymously99

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 01:16 pm
@neologist,
Shh.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 02:02 pm
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

I can't kiss you Frank Apisa as long as you insist on continuously refusing direct contact with me.

I have not been continuously refusing to directly contact you, Anon. Or at least, not doing it purposely. Whenever you've said something that seem to require a reply...I thought I have done so.

But I do not want you to feel slighted by me...so immediately after posting this short note, I will send you a PM telling you that I love you.

f.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 02:22 pm
With my head being as messed up as it is Frank I honestly don't know how I should take you.

But you should know I have love for all, no matter what. If my head weren't as messed up as it is yet I be here on this site being as I am now, I would give into you. 

I do love you. For who you are. What I love about you. I have love for all. And love each for who they are.

I'm in a difficult situation right now with me being messed up in the head as I am wishing I weren't.
Frank Apisa

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 02:31 pm
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

With my head being as messed up as it is Frank I honestly don't know how I should take you.

But you should know I have love for all, no matter what. If my head weren't as messed up as it is yet I be here on this site being as I am now, I would give into you. 

I do love you. For who you are. What I love about you. I have love for all. And love each for who they are.

I'm in a difficult situation right now with me being messed up in the head as I am wishing I weren't.

Okay...allow me to acknowledge this the way I did in response to the return PM:

My personal experience tells me that there is nothing anyone can do for anyone else to get them out from what you are experiencing. (I went through depression once...and battled my way through it somehow.)

But I know that the best way to begin is to stop dwelling on it...and to stop feeding it.

I'm not sure, for example, why you thought I was avoiding you. For the most part, I am not into the personality questions...and participate almost exclusively on contentious issues.

For the record...I love everyone. The bullshit that goes on in A2K appalls me, although there are times I participate in it with people I think deserve more heat than they are getting from people less skilled at delivering heat than I.

I'll try to acknowledge your posts from now on.

Good luck with getting your head in order.
anonymously99

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 03:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank mentioned..
Quote:
I'm not sure, for example, why you thought I was avoiding you. For the most part, I am not into the personality questions...and participate almost exclusively on contentious issues.

I never thought that Frank. I was flirting. Being flirtatious with you in a way. My apologies for not specifying. Are you fighting with me? I'm not serious.

I was about to say before I noticed this last post of yours.. I'll keep how you openly feel about me in mind. It means more than you think to me.

But hell. My emotions. They tend to get the best of me. I'll definitely keep this in mind.

And what's going on in my head. Have you ever been able to let go of something you felt so passionate about that easily? You don't have to answer this question. One day I'll get over it. Takes time.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 03:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I love you Frank Apisa.

s.
Frank Apisa

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 03:46 pm
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

I love you Frank Apisa.

s.