45

Are atheists being more illogical than agnostics?

1  
Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2021 06:51 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Once again, all the Pharisees gather to point out the errors in the ays of others.
hat would your Jesus do?
bulmabriefs144

-1  
Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2021 08:00 pm
I think the most telling statement Jesus ever made about himself was not the overemphasized "Love your neighbor as yourself" or "turn the other cheek" or even "love your enemies, and forgive those who persecute you."

It was this one.

19 Then a certain scribe came and said to Him, “Teacher, I will follow You wherever You go.”
20 And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.”

Jesus didn't belong with the Pharisees, who he saw as hypocrites. He didn't really belong with his family, who he was clearly different from. He helped the sinners, but he didn't really belong with them either. He didn't even belong with his disciples.

I have a theory, but I suspect Jesus had alot less to do with some sort of unrealistic ideals of goodness, and more with acquiring like-minded friends. Don't believe me?

15No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because everything I have learned from My Father I have made known to you.

What would Jesus do? Probably nothing that we think he would. Imagine you were born with supernatural powers like walking on water, plus an intense feeling of not belonging, and behave like someone like that would. I guess?