Are atheists being more illogical than agnostics?

farmerman

Sun 19 Dec, 2021 06:51 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Once again, all the Pharisees gather to point out the errors in the ays of others.
hat would your Jesus do?
bulmabriefs144

Sun 19 Dec, 2021 08:00 pm
@farmerman,
I think the most telling statement Jesus ever made about himself was not the overemphasized "Love your neighbor as yourself" or "turn the other cheek" or even "love your enemies, and forgive those who persecute you."

It was this one.

Quote:
19 Then a certain scribe came and said to Him, “Teacher, I will follow You wherever You go.”
20 And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.”

Jesus didn't belong with the Pharisees, who he saw as hypocrites. He didn't really belong with his family, who he was clearly different from. He helped the sinners, but he didn't really belong with them either. He didn't even belong with his disciples.

I have a theory, but I suspect Jesus had alot less to do with some sort of unrealistic ideals of goodness, and more with acquiring like-minded friends. Don't believe me?

Quote:
15No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because everything I have learned from My Father I have made known to you.

What would Jesus do? Probably nothing that we think he would. Imagine you were born with supernatural powers like walking on water, plus an intense feeling of not belonging, and behave like someone like that would. I guess?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 24 Jan, 2022 09:43 pm
@Jasper10,
Jeepers, what gibberish.

What is it with the word 'nihilist'? Word of the day for you?
Jasper10

Tue 25 Jan, 2022 01:52 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I’ll tell you what is with the word Nihilist.

Any individual can say that when it comes to knowledge nothing matters everything just cancels out because there is no difference between opposing forces….there are no opposing forces….

However, they would have used their knowledge reasoning to make this assumption, which is why there is no such thing as a nihilist because they haven’t considered that they might be wrong in their assumption.They have just adopted either a + or - (Nihilistic stance) without realising it.

Nature certainly doesn’t agree with fools, because in nature + and - forces are not the same…..the 4 off magnetic force interactions would be the same if that principle applied to everything……but the fact is magnetism proves that nature’s + and - forces are not the same.

This means that scientist have to put a + and - force on both sides of their equations going forward in order to balance things out.

bobsal u1553115

Tue 25 Jan, 2022 07:55 am
@Jasper10,
So what. Are we discussing or are we listening to "the World According to Jasper10"?

Hows the weather in WA, Hawkeye?

Say 'bye'.
Jasper10

Tue 25 Jan, 2022 08:16 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Ok bobsal…..fair enough….

However, I have stated what I think about Nihilists….and I have made it clear that there is no such thing as a Nihilist because we all have opinions.

Discussion over don’t you think?…what is there to discuss?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 25 Jan, 2022 08:19 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I don't think Jasper is Hawkeye. Hawkeye was into violent sex and defending paedophiles.

Jasper hasn't mentioned those things at all, instead he goes on about his own pet theories regarding magnetism and binary code.
Frank Apisa

Tue 25 Jan, 2022 08:27 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I don't think Jasper is Hawkeye. Hawkeye was into violent sex and defending paedophiles.

Jasper hasn't mentioned those things at all, instead he goes on about his own pet theories regarding magnetism and binary code.

I've posted in several forums with Hawk. Nearly as I can tell, he always posts as Hawkeye. Doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would use a sock.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Tue 25 Jan, 2022 08:56 am
@izzythepush,
And the reason I do go on and on and on about it Izzy is because when you throw 0,0..1,1 possibility logic into the equation, bobsal’s 0,1..1,0 philosophies go out of the window……the starting point for all bobsal’s philosophies being that good is bad and bad is good….i.e. there is no difference between good and bad…..he doesn’t know that ……..he is assuming that is the case….if there is a God he may have a different view on that…..after all……....we all know that we don’t know whether there is a God or not….so all I am saying is ….cut the cr*p.

Nature certainly doesn’t adopt Bobsal’s logic in its make up so why should I?……..hence the magnetism theory….which is a sound theory…..because it caters for all philosophies………
izzythepush

Tue 25 Jan, 2022 09:28 am
@Jasper10,
The only person who believes your bizarre binary system has any merit is you.

Bobsal hasn't mentioned binary.
Jasper10

Tue 25 Jan, 2022 09:36 am
@izzythepush,
He doesn’t have to mention binary directly Izzy that is the point….he will have a philosophical stance concerning good and bad.
Jasper10

Tue 25 Jan, 2022 09:55 am
@Jasper10,
My philosophical stance on good and bad is that they are different…now I don’t know what that difference is but then I don’t need to know….all I need is a conviction that they are different.

As nature adopts full logic in its make up …hence magnetism logic of -/-…+/-….-/+…+/+ and not just half magnetism logic -/+…+/-….then I am comfortable in my conviction that there is a difference between good and bad.

If you notice half magnetism logic is -/+…+/-…which is the ONLY logic that modern day science adopts hence it thinks it can explain the Big Crunch with its gravity theory but it has no idea what caused the Big Bang in the first place because it will not accept -/-…+/+ Philosophy possibility logic…….It has dismissed that logic completely because it would also have to consider the possibility that good is good and bad is bad which philosophically it doesn’t want to do.

Real philosophy and science couldn’t care less about belief systems one way or the other.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Wed 26 Jan, 2022 01:57 am
@Jasper10,
The fact is he WIlL have an opinion on good and bad (a bias) …….which is why there is no such thing as a Nihilist……..just deluded people who understand the concept of Nihilism but who are unable to attain it…..hence they sit wherever they want…on the right …on the left….in the middle ….it doesn’t matter where they sit with their opinions….
izzythepush

Wed 26 Jan, 2022 02:17 am
@Jasper10,
The most deluded person here is you.
Jasper10

Wed 26 Jan, 2022 03:58 am
@izzythepush,
You can do better than that Izzy…..explain why you think I am deluded …if you can….just throwing abuse doesn’t wash anymore…you must be able to explain why you have the views that you have or else how can anyone take you seriously…any FOOL can cheer lead and throw abuse from the sidelines and not get involved in the game……

Let’s see how deluded you are…..lol….are you too scared to lay your cards on the table?

If you don’t have a view then …it’s probably best to keep quiet don’t you think?
Jasper10

Wed 26 Jan, 2022 04:10 am
@Jasper10,
I am not deluded ….because my philosophy accepts all logic output possibilities which is entirely consistent with nature’s logic….
izzythepush

Wed 26 Jan, 2022 04:20 am
@Jasper10,
I have, I have told you exactly what to do if your ideas had merit. You refuse to do that because you know what the outcome would be, so you stay here talking bollocks all day.

My view is that you are not worth any more of my time.
Jasper10

Wed 26 Jan, 2022 04:20 am
@Jasper10,
There are spectators and players in philosophy everyone…..

Izzy is the perfect example of a SPECTATOR……..

Jasper10

Wed 26 Jan, 2022 04:22 am
@Jasper10,
SPECTATORS are spineless and eventually scurry off back under the rock that they came from…
izzythepush

Wed 26 Jan, 2022 04:31 am
@Jasper10,
You are a tedious little dullard who wants to be taken seriously but into much of a coward so he just whines on and on desperately trying to get people's attention.

You are the prime example of a boring nerk desperate for attention. Spectators need something to watch and there is nothing to see here nothing at all.

You are an idiot who believes your own bullshit and a coward too frightened to put said bullshit to task.
0 Replies