Help Me! Suggestions Welcomed

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 09:18 pm
After serious contemplation, I have decided that I am going to forego my permanent employment to travel. I have researched the different agencies and the more I research the more confusing it becomes. I have my application out with several agencies and am getting feedback. Can anyone give me some insight as to what agencies to stay away from? How do you know when your first starting out? I have read some real horror stories.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,297 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 07:53 am
@vickie Kaze,
I am not sure what you are talking about. A travel agency to set up your travel plans? Why would you need an application?
roger

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 01:48 pm
@Linkat,
From the tags that are there now, I'm guessing the question involves nursing registries for travelers.
Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 03:15 pm
@roger,
Ah, well if that is the case, working as a traveling nurse, my brother did this for a while and loved it. I am not familar with agencies that run - you could always do an internet search to see if you can find feedback on an agency.

Do you know where you would like to go? Some places that are popular, but in the cooler months (when seniors move to warm climates) - Florida and Arizona. My brother worked in both. He also worked in San Diego and San Francisco. I think some of the problems are you might be assigned a hospital that you may not like how they do things - that happened to my brother in Florida. The one nice thing is - you are working for x number of months and then you can move on.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 03:19 pm
@Linkat,
A2k has a nursing group - to see the groups, click on the word Groups in the dark blue banner at the top of the page.
0 Replies