U.S. Spends Too Much on Military

rosborne979

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 12:35 pm
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7a/U.S._Federal_Spending_-_FY_2007.png
rosborne979

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 12:41 pm
Military spending by percent of GDP comparison
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f5/Military_expenditure_percent_of_GDP.svg/800px-Military_expenditure_percent_of_GDP.svg.png
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 01:22 pm
@RABEL222,

And now you know just how wrong you and ebeth are.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 01:29 pm
@H2O MAN,
The title of your thread is correct.
Ceili

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 01:51 pm
I figure since China now owns the US, they can pretty much tell the states enough is enough. When your government are deferring or defaulting on loans, it's time to cut spending on your pet projects. The US military budget is obscene and considering how many returning vets are unemployed, maybe some of that money could be put into job creation that doesn't involve wars. Just a thought.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 02:47 pm
@ehBeth,

Yes, China did say the US is spending to much of the money
we borrow from them on our military... what's your point?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 03:03 pm
@Ceili,
Well stated!!!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 03:04 pm
@Ceili,
Thanks Obama
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 05:08 pm
What's my point? Are you really that dense?
The USA is in serious debt trouble. The rest of the world is on pins and needles waiting to see if the US is going to Default on some very major loans in the coming three weeks.
If China was a bank and the US was a normal borrower, the whole house would be in serious trouble of being foreclosed on. Since it's a country and China wont be taking the house or the country they won't be lending you any more money. Now, how are you going to pay all those soldiers, or pay for all that war making equipment. or roads, schools, pension plans and so on...
China has/had every right to tell the US to smarten up and stop spending like the can print money. Do you have any idea what rising inflation will do to your country. If you think the states is in bad times now, wait. It's only going to get worse.
Do you understand the first thing about economics? If the US defaults on these loans, the whole freakin' world could be in a depression not seen for decades and then what?
You get to **** up the whole world's economy again and still act like the big boys on the block. Give you ******* head a shake.
This is bigger than party politics.
And if were going to go down that road, who do you think can fix this? The republicans who are doing their best to **** up the Obama government instead of acting like the "leaders" they are supposed to be. Instead of fixing the debt, they are styming the whole process. Dumb, dumb, dumb. But then they've got voters like you swallowing all their unbelievable stupid lies. The states either has to raise taxes or the country will sink.
This is the problem with people who never look outside their backyard, you insular little ****. Read a newspaper and please don't quote Fox. Look at how that disgusting Murdoch's policies in other countries screw with people. I know, that's too much for you to understand....
Idiot

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 06:30 pm
@Fido,
We do not agree on how human nature works, nor how the world works in actuality. Just my opinion, but it is based on decades of observation. As Jack Webb said in the detective tv drama, "Only the facts Ma'am." No opinions, please.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 06:31 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Are you related to waterman? You post and think alike. Not a good thing by the way.

Oh goody, I have assimilated into being a patriotic American. My grandfather would have been proud of me.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 08:39 pm
@H2O MAN,
Dude, you are an ignorant jerk off. I posted the graph because idiots like you do not supply any context when you rant. I was doing you a favor by supplying appropriate context, you *******, inbred moron.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 11:30 pm
@kuvasz,
Gee Kuvasz. You seem to be throughly pissed. Waterman seems to have that effect on sane individuals.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 05:34 am
@kuvasz,
kuvass, do you kiss your mom while you're doing her or just bend her over the sink like the rest of her lovers?
Fido

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 07:15 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

kuvass, do you kiss your mom while you're doing her or just bend her over the sink like the rest of her lovers?
How about: Come on... For God's sake.. Talk about the issues.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 07:42 am
@Fido,
For Christs sake... did you just skip by what Kuvass posted?
Fido

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 01:27 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

For Christs sake... did you just skip by what Kuvass posted?
So you are both uncivilized renobs... Quit deserving what you deliver and the problem is practically solved...
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 07:46 pm
@rosborne979,
This is the best most accurate graphic I have seen on the spending in this country. Always knew military spending wasn't 50% of our GDP. I had always heard the real #'s were between 15-20%.
0 Replies