why is setanta so mean?

Sturgis

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 03:54 pm
@wayne,
Sorry Wayne, Set is no where, no way near the pristine prince you've drawn him as.

A while back I made a response in a thread and called him "Sport" his response was to say 'why don't you hurry up and die.' Until then our run ins had been on matters of views of subjects never an attack of that nature. I don't know why I called him Sport, I know I never made an attack when he called me "Boss" or any other name.

Given my recent medical history I found his comment to be low, even for him. Is hamilton pushing buttons? Maybe, maybe not. He's asked legitimate questions and his general interactions have been no worse than Setanta's have been, in fact they've been quite tame in comparison.

Oh yes, now I recall as well in the matter of calling Setanta "Sport" (keep in mind as well, I was still dragging my words at the time....literally....I had to type, read, then transfer from another sheet such as an e-mail..... and he had begun a thread which apparently was meant as "humor" against JGoldman, a take off of one of Goldman's threads, and I didn't know that and answered in a serious tone. He made a comment, I called him Sport, he basically instructed me to die, clearly I was interfering with his power trip.

Another long time resident here hadn't known it was a mockery thread either. Setanta, never apologized and at this point I have no respect for him, he is lower than the barnacles which have falllen from the bottom of a boat.

So, you go on and defend Setanta, I'd rather not. Is he intelligent? Perhaps. He's made major goofs at times, never acknowledges them or how he misinformed a poster with incorrect data. That doesn't gain respect.

wayne

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 05:24 pm
@Sturgis,
Setanta certainly doesn't need me to defend him, and I wouldn't presume to.

My post to Hamilton was in regard to the need to solve his own problem, with the person he has the problem with.
I'll say it again, this thread is chickenshit.
hamilton

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 05:39 pm
@wayne,
so why bother taking part in it?
theres nothing more pointless than declaring something stupid, than adding to it any way's.
hamilton

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 05:45 pm
@Sturgis,
can i see that thread?
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 05:46 pm
@hamilton,
God forgive me for trying to help you out, it's a waste of time and won't happen again.
By the way, I never declared anything stupid. Clean your ears once in awhile huh.
hamilton

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 06:30 am
@wayne,
look. i appreciate you trying to help. i really do. but to declare something chicken **** is kind of offensive, and that upset me. while upset, i guess i made the mistake of misunderstanding what you meant. (what DID you mean, then? )
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 11:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes you do
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 11:21 pm
@wayne,
Setanta probably wouldn't accept my defense of him if I attempted it, and no worries...I won't

I agree with you though that this thread is chicken ****.

When someone started a similar thread on J Goldman, I actually thought it was in violation of the A2K TOS. I was wrong. It's still chicken-**** though.

There are two reasons why these personalized threads are wrong:

1) They are chicken-****. If you have a problem with someone take it up directly with them. This includes the third pary insults within a thread. If you can't confront someone directly you really look like a middle school putz doing it indirectly. People will disagree on whether or not such personal back and forths harm A2K, but as an old timer on Abuzz, I can tell you that the personalized attack threads helped kill it.

2) More times than not, the person whom the thread is about is getting a kick out of it...especially if there is disagreement. If someone in this forum ticks you off and you start one of these threads rather than confronting them, you have probably made their day by making them feel like a celebrity.

The exception of course might be the individual who has never invited any criticism; is always civil and respectful, and never evidenced a skin so thin one can see his or her musculature... but then I've never seen any thread targeting such a person.
hamilton

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 08:49 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'd like you to know two things,
1) this thread is not meant to offend setanta in any way.
i made it because i was curios of his personality, and in a way to understand why he behaved towards me in such a rude manner.
i wanted to find a way to actually communicate to setanta in a more polite way.
2) eventually i decided to send a message to setanta, illustrating that i was willing to forgive and forget all the mean words that passed between us through our incidents and confrontations. he agreed, and i think that we both understand each other a little better now.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 06:06 pm
@hamilton,
1) You could have fooled me. In any case, I doubt you did.
2) Good idea.
hamilton

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 09:12 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
well I'm glad you approve of at least half of this... Smile
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 04:18 pm
@hamilton,
And at no charge! Cool
hamilton

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 04:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
what a bargain!
iamsam82

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 04:58 am
@hamilton,
I find him really rude but that's by the by. He's also stubborn because, like Sturgis said, he will resolutely stick to his own opinions and never acknowledge his errors. He just instantly deems any counter argument you offer up as "bullshit" and tells you in no uncertain terms never to post such an argument again. No doubt he's probably quite smart, but you never get to learn from him because his manner is so obnoxious. I guess he's just old and stuck in his ways.

The creepiest thing about him that I personally have encountered is how, once he disagrees with you, he totally goes off at a tangent from the discussion in a thread and seeks to defame you by investigating every other thing you've ever written on a2k and reading skewed meanings into them.

I have him on ignore now - it's such a pity because, sometimes, I think I could have learned something from him and I feel petty for having to do it, but it just saves on hassle.

There are plenty of posters on a2k who are just as smart, if not far more so, and remain true gents at all times (too many to list but Thomas, Farmerman, George spring to mind, as well as a good few of the folks on this thread).
iamsam82

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 05:48 am
@iamsam82,
Poor old Set takes a bit of a smackdown in this thread. Take a look. It'll make you chuckle...

http://able2know.org/topic/165093-1
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 05:54 am
What a silly, pathetic little man. You'll find lots more than just that one.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 06:16 am
The fact that I'm choosing to respond to this thread does not mean that I'm "following" you Setanta, so let's dispose of that little fantasy of yours first.

To hamilton and anyone who still dares to reserve judgement about the grand dame Setanta...

Setanta shyts on people in print on this forum because he can - no other deep reason. Because he can, and because he can always count on several apologists to come forward for him and accuse anyone who takes rightful offense at his slurs of being "too thin skinned" - no matter what he says.

I can't stop him from being the nasty prick he is, but I can promise him and all of you on A2K this: if he and I ever meet I swear to Christ he'll not blithely call me "boy" to my face and leave the encounter unscathed.
Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 06:24 am
@snood,
Ah, internet threats--the heroes of the cyber world are legion. You got what you deserved when you decided to attack me here, and now you whine about the consequences. How typical of a hateful son-of-a-bitch like you.

I don't see anyone rushing here to defend me, and i don't expect it or need it.
0 Replies

iamsam82

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 06:36 am
@snood,
It's evident from your profile picture that you're black. Can't believe he called you "boy". And the other day he tried to call me racist by skewing things I'd written! Nothing to skew about "boy".
iamsam82

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 11:25 am
@iamsam82,
Quote:
This boy also uses "non-American" English. As for the possum, i could get through the next couple of decades without seeing him.

Quote:
i did not call the boy any names, i just told him he was posting bullshit.

He's suddenly started referring to me as 'boy' now too. See: told you he was smart! Talk about a pre-emptive defense. I can hear it now, "I'm not racist. I've always called everyone boy. I even called you it." As of half past one today, an hour after I posted the above, it's true; he has.

0 Replies