Ceili

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 10:00 pm
@Setanta,
I meant it kind of sarcastically as Toronto is often seen as the leader in all things progressive and yet, here in ultra blue alberta, a mayor would never dream of snubbing the gay community. Hell Calgary's mayor is gay. And we're considered the red neck province... T.O.'s mayors actions kind of put a bad stink on us all, cause, like the most of us, I thought this **** was behind us.

Oh and Foof, Canada's had gay mariage for a few years now, so I don't think Bloomberg can shine a smug look in our direction.
Foofie

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 10:11 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Like Canada really loves ice hockey

ice hockey is of little interest to many Canadians

Your post above just increased my respect for Canadians.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 10:26 am
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

I meant it kind of sarcastically as Toronto is often seen as the leader in all things progressive and yet, here in ultra blue alberta, a mayor would never dream of snubbing the gay community. Hell Calgary's mayor is gay. And we're considered the red neck province... T.O.'s mayors actions kind of put a bad stink on us all, cause, like the most of us, I thought this **** was behind us.

Oh and Foof, Canada's had gay mariage for a few years now, so I don't think Bloomberg can shine a smug look in our direction.

I don't think I can read Bloomberg's mind. This is his last term in office, I believe, and hopefully the next mayoral election will offer the voters a nice assortment of candidates. NYC politics, for New Yorkers at least, is usually an interesting thing to watch. Regardless of whether a Republican or Democrat or Independent gets elected, the mayor of NYC is usually a good fit for the citizens.

You should understand that when U.S. citizens celebrate a change, it might be in context of how the west coast oftentimes thinks of itself, as the advance guard of social change, and the east coast is seen as the starched, conservative by the west coast. The two coasts seem to watch each other for each other's social change oftentimes, in my opinion.

Without wanting to offend anyone, Canada is not on the radar screen, so to speak, of many U.S. citizens, even though it has big cities, much diversity, speaks English (and French in Montreal), and its citizens can function as an American usually in the blink of an eye.
djjd62

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 10:29 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Without wanting to offend anyone, Canada is not on the radar screen, so to speak, of many U.S. citizens

just the way we like it

Quote:
and its citizens can function as an American usually in the blink of an eye.

possibly, but who'd want to
Setanta

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 10:38 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
I don't think . . .

You should have stopped right there.
djjd62

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 10:40 am
@Setanta,
Very Happy
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 10:47 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Foofie wrote:
I don't think . . .

You should have stopped right there.

I could swear the above post was a line from a George Burns and Gracie Allen episode?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 12:24 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Without wanting to offend anyone, Canada is not on the radar screen, so to speak, of many U.S. citizens

just the way we like it

Quote:
and its citizens can function as an American usually in the blink of an eye.

possibly, but who'd want to

Christ almighty...if many Americans are too dumb and insular to manage to notice Canada, we need to stop interfering with natural selection in the US.
Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 04:26 am
@dlowan,
The Darwin award nominees do give some encouragement, but they aren't dying off soon enough. Fortunately, Foofie is not an example of anything other than the conservative lunatic fringe.
Foofie

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 10:30 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

... Fortunately, Foofie is not an example of anything other than the conservative lunatic fringe.

Wrong. Foofie is an example of an Eastern European Jew that assimilated into American mainstream culture, 130 years after grandparents arrived, to the point of identifying with the early Protestant forefathers. So much liberalism reflects, in my opinion, an ingratitude to this Protestant country, that many ethnics were fortunate to be allowed to gain citizenship in. I will add arrogance to ingratitude.

In effect, many liberals do not want to"know their place" in society, since they hope to "take over" one day, in my opinion.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 11:27 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Without wanting to offend anyone

oh dear

that doesn't feel entirely honest
Foofie

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 11:38 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Without wanting to offend anyone

oh dear

that doesn't feel entirely honest

Yes, I do not want to offend anyone. However, people will be sensitive to the truth.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 11:53 am
Foofie represents only Foofie, in my opinion, and truth can be a misused word.
Protestant Love - that could be a song.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 12:08 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
However, people will be sensitive to the truth.

Given that your pet delusions are unrelated to the truth, this shouldn't be a problem for you.
farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 12:31 pm
@Setanta,
And you give ME **** for carrying on with the tourists.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 01:40 pm
Yeah, i have been thinking for some time that i should waste any more bandwidth on that clown Foofie.
farmerman

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 02:00 pm
@Setanta,
I just like to play with my little ANUS
ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 05:13 pm
@farmerman,
<squinting at the Fman>

that might have been TMI

0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 09:12 am
I think any politician has the right not attend an event for whatever reason. If a person has a religious moral objection to homosexuality I don't think they should be forced to attend a gay pride parade in order to appease the public. On the other hand that same politician has no right to try to have laws passed to discriminate against homosexuals.

The same could be said for a MLK parade, but the excuse I don't think are equal. I mean as far as I am aware there are no religions which would be compromised by attending such an advent.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:06 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Yeah, i have been thinking for some time that i should waste any more bandwidth on that clown Foofie.

Firstly, you left out the "not" above. Secondly, I believe your time can be better spent bonding with those on the forum that might be willing to be your sycophantic entourage. You should not waste time on someone like myself that had a very different "set" of experiences in one's life. Optimize your time spent on the forum solidifying a mutual admiration society of sorts, for those that think alike. Your responses, with its ad-hominems, do reflect the fact, in my opinion, that you are not comfortable with disagreement, whether or not it is directed at you. I defer to this forum being your turf. And, I accept that this "turf" is not a genteel neighborhood, in my opinion.
0 Replies