How can I replace 2008 Chevy Silverado winshield wiper blades?

snood

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 01:30 pm
I need to get new ones badly. But nothing the stores sell seem to fit the way these are set up. Someone at the parts store said they think I'll have to pay a ridiculous amount to the dealer because they are proprietary parts. Does anyone know if this is absolutely true? I've owned several vehicles, but never have had to pay more than a few dollars (less than 20, usually) for a pair of wiper blades.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,663 • Replies: 4
No top replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 01:47 pm
You probably already know this, but stores like Target or auto parts stores usually have a sort of book near where the replacement blades are that tells you which blade fits what model. And most blades come with adapters to fit the standard types of arms. The makers seem to have standardized on a couple different kinds of attachments, so the blades can usually be adapted to them. I've never had a car they couldn't be adapted to fit, tho I wouldn't put it past Chevy to have come up with some new "superior" gizmo.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 01:59 pm
@snood,
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/ANC4/C22PB.oap?ck=Search_03300_1446604_-1&pt=03300&ppt=C0047
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 09:16 pm
I feel like a grade-A idgit.
A friend of mine looked at the wipers and showed me how to detach and replace them just like any other wipers. I can't believe a guy working behind the counter at a parts store couldn't tell me that. Oh well. All's well that ends well.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 03:07 am
Well, remember the old line, "Those who can, do. Those who can't, work in auto parts stores." Glad you got things straightened out in time for the next tropical storm.
0 Replies