If everything that exists needs a God to create it, who created God?

Eorl

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 12:48 am
@idolhater,
You are the one making an extraordinary claim. The burden of proof lies with you. If not, I'll settle for Last Thursdayism as the simplest non-provable creation myth.
idolhater

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 01:15 am
@Eorl,
There is nothing to prove.
Logic and reason demands it I understand.
This our minds..a gadget we use to navigate in
this reality.
We are not our minds...just quiet the thoughts and you
become the observer of mind,this is the self.
My self believes in the unseen that it senses ,the reward of this
is seeing what I believe. I now see.
Can't prove it...no need.
We have senses beyond which we have defined.
I choose to develope them without letting the minds
all powerful reasoning interfer.
No burden here...

Procrustes

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 02:23 am
@idolhater,
Quote:

First you ask someone to disprove your claim about OUR perception of time and now you are claiming there is nothing to prove by justifying your claim is relative to ones reasoning. Your original claim is "God is the Initiator of all." But then you circumvent that argument away from that claim and say it's only a relative humanistic position...
Quote:
I said OUR perception of time.
Relatively speaking.

Which claim do you intend on defending? The one that can't be proved, or the claim that is riddled with contradictions?
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 09:46 am
@idolhater,
idolhater wrote:
Can we prove what is beautiful?

Yes. However; the concept of beautiful is actually an abstract concept. When I express my experience to be beautiful, the person listening to me understands my statement however they might not actually be experiencing what I am and consider it beautiful. So is beauty an objective thing? No because it is a subjective reaction to an experience however; EVERYONE has those moments so they are objective in the aspect that beauty exists as an abstract.

idolhater wrote:

In love?

Similar to beauty. Love is just an abstract emotion. I might not be able to directly point it out but I can indirectly. Without repeating myself I will say it is similar to my statements above about beauty.

idolhater wrote:

hungry?

Hunger is a much easier one to express. It is a feeling of lacking but it becomes a behavioral response. The feeling itself doesn't express hunger, it is our response to the feeling which we call hunger. Similar to pain. You can actually over come certain types of pain and not everyone reacts the same towards pain. So pain and hunger are similar to the above abstract responses to reality.

idolhater wrote:

Use the mind that mysteriously appeard and observe.

This is an exaggeration of how something would arise. It is a very slow process, it didn't just spring into existence. It was a gradual process over millions of years.

[/quote]
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 12:32 am
@Jeremiah,
GODS has always been, sorry for U that you are not a chosen one, he knew you from the womb.
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 10:33 pm
@Jeremiah,
God, YAHWEH, The eternal, has always been. Humans and beasts are his creation. Heavens and planets are his design. Human souls that connect to him is his devotion to humans and his desire to not be so alone and to give to us humans the LOVE he feels for human, made after his image, which includes, the way we have emotion and anticipate love and regard knowledge as usefull or ....... null. To understand truth or falsehood in Our universe.
Krumple

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 11:07 pm
@Philis,
Philis wrote:

God, YAHWEH, The eternal, has always been. Humans and beasts are his creation. Heavens and planets are his design. Human souls that connect to him is his devotion to humans and his desire to not be so alone and to give to us humans the LOVE he feels for human, made after his image, which includes, the way we have emotion and anticipate love and regard knowledge as usefull or ....... null. To understand truth or falsehood in Our universe.

Nonsense...
0 Replies

bulldogcoma

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 12:23 am
@jcboy,
Out of formlessness came form.
TAO
Eorl

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 05:34 am
@idolhater,
idolhater wrote:

There is nothing to prove.
Logic and reason demands it I understand.
This our minds..a gadget we use to navigate in
this reality.
We are not our minds...just quiet the thoughts and you
become the observer of mind,this is the self.
My self believes in the unseen that it senses ,the reward of this
is seeing what I believe. I now see.
Can't prove it...no need.
We have senses beyond which we have defined.
No burden here...

You abandon all attempts to guard yourself against self-delusion?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 05:40 am
to quote the most holy A. Partridge, from his treatise Dear God

Did You make disease and the diamond blue?
Did You make mankind after we made You?
And the devil too?
0 Replies

sandy111

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 07:52 am
@Jeremiah,
read my post ...u will get ur answer
0 Replies

James Anderson

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 10:24 am
It is stated in the Holy Book that "... in the beginning, there was Word, Word became God, and Word was God". I would add further that Word became the Power and that Power is God.

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
0 Replies

fauna

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 10:05 pm
@Jeremiah,
no one created GOD . He always was and always will be! that's how pure He is. Pure enough to be "always". pure enough to create it all. and He did it all out of love and wisdom!
Krumple

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 10:37 pm
@fauna,
fauna wrote:

no one created GOD . He always was and always will be! that's how pure He is. Pure enough to be "always". pure enough to create it all. and He did it all out of love and wisdom!

nonsense.
0 Replies

thel00ker

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 10:27 pm
@Lovee-4ever,
That is very convinient for someone that want people to believe something that it is not true.
Example:
I have this amazing house, and when you get inside everything is perfect!
May I see it?
Oh no, you kinda have to die first, but don't put much thought into it, you would never understant
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 10:38 pm
@thel00ker,
I've wondered often times what happens to the age of people who go there.

Do the old folks return to become young, and the infants become adults?

How does that work? Nobody ages?
thel00ker

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 06:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
33, the age of jesus duh
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 10:11 pm
@bulldogcoma,
"Tao(s)." Isn't that in New Mexico?
0 Replies

sprinic1501

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:36 am
@Jeremiah,
not quite true. everything does not need a creator. a creator is needed for things which are inside time because if they are in time they had a beginning. this means there was a time Before (Keyword) they/it existed and something must of caused it to exist. Now having said that i think its self apparent that in order for time to be time by definition it must also have a beginning.

time is defined as the system of sequential relations that any event has to any other, as past, present, or future;

So basically it is causality it is cause and effect. the sequence of events. time cannot be eternal for that would mean that there cant be a sequence of before and after event because everything would be NOW. past now present now future now. u cant have casuality in a timeless (or a eternal time) scenario.

To Your Question:

God made time. Everything in causality needs a creator and God made time. now why doesnt God need a creator. its cuz He is outside time in the eternal. there is no causality. ur thinking what was before God is oxymoronic (no offense). God is timeless there is Literally (keyword) No before God. God just is. There is no before or after God. no cause effect no time that makes God its subject. the maker is not subject to the laws of the made. do u get it. God just is cuz there is no before God. it goes like this

God................ time............... God.

this lil blip of time is where all of this universe stuff happens

God isnt called the Alpha Omega beginning and end for no reason lol.
0 Replies

sprinic1501

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:38 am
@Procrustes,
lol well im mind isnt a blackhole, but what do u think of my answer to this lil conundrum:

not quite true. everything does not need a creator. a creator is needed for things which are inside time because if they are in time they had a beginning. this means there was a time Before (Keyword) they/it existed and something must of caused it to exist. Now having said that i think its self apparent that in order for time to be time by definition it must also have a beginning.

time is defined as the system of sequential relations that any event has to any other, as past, present, or future;

So basically it is causality it is cause and effect. the sequence of events. time cannot be eternal for that would mean that there cant be a sequence of before and after event because everything would be NOW. past now present now future now. u cant have casuality in a timeless (or a eternal time) scenario.

To Your Question:

God made time. Everything in causality needs a creator and God made time. now why doesnt God need a creator. its cuz He is outside time in the eternal. there is no causality. ur thinking what was before God is oxymoronic (no offense). God is timeless there is Literally (keyword) No before God. God just is. There is no before or after God. no cause effect no time that makes God its subject. the maker is not subject to the laws of the made. do u get it. God just is cuz there is no before God. it goes like this

God................ time............... God.

this lil blip of time is where all of this universe stuff happens

God isnt called the Alpha Omega beginning and end for no reason lol.
0 Replies