Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 12:30 am
@JLNobody,
Maxdancona
0 Replies

boarderlass

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 12:48 am
@hamilton,
Greed and power, and disregard for all else. People like that dont care about life as it is, and have no regard, or belief in life after death. They dont care.
boarderlass

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 12:50 am
@boarderlass,
I think i just put it in nutshell.
0 Replies

boarderlass

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 01:06 am
@VALTUI,
Dont romanticize it so much Dude! Its much simpler than that. Take it to a baser level. Power! Thats about the height of it. Who wants to be in charge?
Caveman level. Forget all the psychobable crap.
0 Replies

boarderlass

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 01:12 am
@farmerman,
I agree that religion is invented, therefore dont believe in it. Was raised as a Catholic, What is that? Anyone argue with that is dumb as a box of rocks. religion is retarded.. Way to make the masses sheep, as the scriptures dictate..baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 04:14 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Hardly, I am supporting max's argument.

The most you could allege is that you attempted to support his argument, but failed, because you were wrong. I still consider you a contrarian because you basically ran in here and picked out my post to disagree with, and presented a claim unworthy of the honor of being called an argument. It's my experience that i'm on your short list of those with whom you will attempt to pick a fight at the drop of a hat.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 08:53 am
@Setanta,
Oh common Setanta...I appreciate the punch in your posts, although I often disagree with you, I believe you are a contrarian by nature and I don t blame you for that...
...you just thankfully were blessed with two fingers of IQ size in our forehead...
0 Replies

Razzleg

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 02:56 am
@Dasein,
and @ JLNobody...i'm afraid that i don't consider my post as cogent as I would like it...sad as it is to say, i did eventually get tired during the process of writing it, and just gave up. i generally feel that writing on the internet is futile, and putting too much energy into doing it is a waste of time.

I don't disagree with the point that wars don't just happen, they happen for a plethora of reasons. There are so many social occurrences of aggression and counter-aggression (both without noticeable violence), that the idea of a spontaneous eruption of physical violence is an example of enormous naviete. My point, as ill made as it was at the time, was that war is made for a variety of reasons (that can't be reduced to a single causal event) and that the validity of those reasons has a testing ground only decided after the event. The victors will write their version of history to justify the event of war, and the survivors (which is an inclusive category which absorbs both the victors and all of the "heirs" of the conflict) must test it for validity. I suppose that, to some degree, that my og post contrasted the idea of victor and survivor/heir.

It is not quite fair to say that the abolition of slavery or the overthrow of Nazi-ism was not the cause of either the US Civil war, or the US involvement (etc.)in WWII. The movements that advocated each end had a vital role to play in the ferment leading to each event. It is fair to say that they were singular motives among many, and that , ultimately, they have become singled out because posteriority elected to memorialize those reasons most acceptable to it.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 03:14 am
@hamilton,
Quote:
whats the point of war?
The point of war is successful CONTROL.

David
hamilton

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 11:11 am
@OmSigDAVID,
isnt war what happens when things get OUT of control?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 11:23 am
@hamilton,
I think that you have a point there But I also see OmSigDAVID point that when people in power disregard the needs of the people and only think about themselves then the powerful use war for more control of the resources.

I think it is mainly done out of ignorance and wealth is just a byproduct of war now days.
hamilton

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 11:24 am
@reasoning logic,
i dont know of any wars that happened recently that were caused for that reason...
but that doesnt really say much, considering i know very little about history...
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 11:26 am
@reasoning logic,
i mean, look at what we're doing in the middle east right now. the economy is not really benefiting from it.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 11:35 am
@hamilton,
Yes I see your point I am not one for the current system that we have and would like to see a change because I think that this system is responsible for wars!

I do not have all of the answers but I am pretty sure that what we have is not it!

hamilton

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 11:38 am
@reasoning logic,
so what change exactly do people want to see?
i've heard the call to change alot, but what do we want exactly?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 01:14 pm
@hamilton,
Quote:
so what change exactly do people want to see?

I can not speak for all people because everyone sees things differently, "I can only speak for myself and anyone who may agree with me which I think is only a few at this point in time!

I would like people to realize that we all get things wrong for a multitude of reasons, I will not go into all of these reason because there are many and I do not know all of them!

We are a product of our environment which is one of the reasons we have the values that we do. If you were born to a different family, state, or country many things about you would be different.
Depending on how far you traveled away from your micro environment would determine what kind of changes you would see.
Your language, morals, taste, humor, judgement and many more characteristics about you would change. Your environment is not the only issue because our brain's ability to understand and not only understanding but the way our brain works.
Not all brains are the same, Some people are more advanced than other people in some types of brain function and we need to realize this and not take advantage of there inability to understand as we are.

I would like to see us advance way past where we are at in this present time and in order to do this I think that it is going to take a long time because the majority of people are not interested in learning or questioning their own beliefs.
Maybe the biggest change that we need is to teach that it is OK to question what we believe no matter what!

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 04:00 pm
@Setanta,
If I seem to take issue with you so frequently, it's because you so often invite me to.

Get over yoursef Pooch, and spare us the facade of the persecuted.

You spend so much time in this forum that one wonders if you are gainfully employed, or simply sucking at the public teat.

(Battery dying...to be continued)

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 04:38 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't invite you to do a damned thing, Shithook. You choose to do so on your own, and you're not even very good at it. For example, your use of "facade" is awkward, it not actually incorrect; furthermore, i don't consider myself persecuted by you, i see you pulling the same vicious, hateful tricks on other people around here. I chalk it up to your inability to deal with the actual subjects under discussion, but a desire to make yourself appear wise and important. You fail on both counts. Your habitual nastiness shows you up for what you are--a small-minded, pathetic little boy with nothing to show for you live except the bile you spew.