Three Cheers for War!

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2012 05:01 pm
Rockets flying, bombs falling, families forced to huddle in shelters at the sound of air raid sirens, children being maimed by shrapnel, threat of a bloody ground invasion. Yes, this is truly a great time for those of us who love war.

They say the Palestinians are barbarians incapable of peace-- which is great news for people who want to drop bombs on them. They say the Israelis are monsters-- which is great news for people who want to launch rockets.

If you love this war, just keep saying "you can not give in, they deserve this, they are tyrants and terrorists who can't be reasoned with".

It doesn't matter which side you are rooting for, as long as you keep cheering for this brutal, joyous bloodshed and fear it will keep getting the support it needs to continue indefinitely without resolution.

I know there are people in horror, mourning the loss and agonizing over suffering. If only they could understand how great and important it is for Israelis and Palestinians alike to stand up for justice and rights and tyranny and terrorism even to the point of killing each others children.

So three cheers for violence, airstrikes, rocket attacks, bloodshed and death. It is the only way to stand up for democracy and peace.

(And yes, it was nice to see the celebratory pictures of flaming buildings posted on this very site, more of those would be nice).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 2,766 • Replies: 13
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2012 05:11 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm extremely anti war but not absolutely, ever. I haven't worked out a complete take on all of it.

My not very close observation is that people have tried but hot heads are in place.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 12:12 pm
In my opinion, as long as there is Middle East oil, that some countries need, there will be people that will "feather their own nest" (aka, try to ensure heating oil for the winter) by commiserating with the Palestineans, while at the same time smugly knowing that any solution will be to the detriment to those descendants of Holocaust survivors that are not welcome in their country.

So, the Palestineans get positive feedback for their truculence, and could continue obstreperousness for a long time, or at least until they have an epiphany regarding self-defeating behavior.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 12:55 pm
@Foofie,
Pretty good job Foofie. It is great to see such strong support for your team.

Why should we "commiserate" with the men women and children, mostly non-combatants, who are dying by the thousands. Why would anyone have any sympathy for people who, as a whole, deserve to have houses flattened and their children maimed and killed because of truculence and obstreperousness.

And you bring up "Holocaust survivors". What a nice slogan for your team. Killing in the name of "Holocaust survivors" is so sensible it can't be questioned.

I am glad you see it my way. Three cheers for war!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 01:00 pm
Quick question to you Foofie. Can you be pro-Israel without being pro-violence? (I think you can, but it isn't as much fun.)
Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 11:41 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quick question to you Foofie. Can you be pro-Israel without being pro-violence? (I think you can, but it isn't as much fun.)

Your question is out of context of the reality of the situation that the Arabs are willing to use violence to eliminate the State of Israel as a Zionist state. So, since the Arabs/Palestineans do not follow Dr. King's message of non-violent protest, I would say that to be realistically pro-Israel, one must accept the possibility of violence. Your conclusion that violence is "fun," for a pro-Israel stance is just an ad-hominem, in my opinion. It actually is no more fun than when the Nazis killed Jews. They did not enjoy it, for the most part. Sort of like Spring cleaning, I believe. Cleaning up Europe for the good Aryans, I believe was the attitude. Cleaning is not fun; just dirty work.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 11:55 am
@Foofie,
Foofie, I don't even know what to say to that. If I take what I am reading at face value, you seem to be equating the Israeli offensive with Nazi's? I assume that you don't really mean that, and I don't know why you are bringing the Nazi's into this in the first place (they are such downers).

Let's just leave the Nazi's out of this so we won't get charged with some sort of Godwin offense.

This thread is about cheering for your team as the next episode of this great rivalry unfolds. Your use of Arab violence to cheer for Israel's violence is just wonderful (since that really is what keeps this all going, isn't it).

Those deadly and destructive explosions on H2OMan's thread are pretty awesome! Aren't they? The new deadly power from the technological advancements make this so much more interested to watch.

And you seem to want me to choose a side. I am not really choosing a side. I am kind of cheering both sides. And as far as death and terror, they are both doing just fine.

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 12:03 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Foofie, I don't even know what to say to that. If I take what I am reading at face value, you seem to be equating the Israeli offensive with Nazi's? I assume that you don't really mean that, and I don't know why you are bringing the Nazi's into this in the first place (they are such downers).

Let's just leave the Nazi's out of this so we won't get charged with some sort of Godwin offense.

This thread is about cheering for your team as the next episode of this great rivalry unfolds.

Those deadly and destructive explosions on H2OMan's thread are pretty awesome! Aren't they? The new deadly power from the technological advancements make this so much more interested to watch.

And you seem to want me to choose a side. I am not really choosing a side. I am kind of cheering both sides. And as far as death and terror, they are both doing just fine.

I was only using the Nazi comparison to point out that violence of the worst kind is not "fun." It is dirty work, for whatever reason a country has. In the case of the Nazis it was to clean up Europe by killing Jews. In Israel it can be to retaliate against violent Arabs or Palestineans. My comparison was not equating Israel with Nazi Germany, but to show that killing is not "fun," just dirty work. That was your innuendo, not mine.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 12:06 pm
@Foofie,
You brought up the Nazi's, not me.

Now let's get back to cheering...
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 12:21 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I brought up Nazis, since your inference above about "fun" implies that violence is enjoyed. That, in my opinion, implies I could be a sadist. And, since many people have seen the black and white photos of some "old Jew" being beaten by Nazi soldiers, with some German soldier in the background, with a big smirk on his face, enjoying the beating the "old Jew" is getting, I immediately believed that it is that type of "fun" you were alluding to. So, my point just was explaining that the people that are in command positions, do not think violence is "fun," it is just dirty work, that has to be tolerated to reach one's goals. Nazis were my best example.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 01:05 pm
@Foofie,
If your goals justify bombing, killing and maiming children, then you might as well enjoy it. We are not the only people who feel this way.

See http://able2know.org/topic/201986-1, for example.

So let's cheer for our side and talk about how the inhumanity of the other team makes our actions necessary and noble. That's how war works and why it is so great when it happens.

If people start focusing the costs of war, and thinking about whether the goals of our side are really worth the suffering caused, then we might not have these wars.

And what fun would that be.

Fortunately most people on either side are just like you and I. We focus on the rightness and morality of our own cause, and the injustice and error of the other side. As long we say that violence is necessary and the enemy is intolerable there will never be an action that is too bloody to be acceptable or a line that can not be crossed. There will always be support for these acts of war.

As long as that happens this war will never end!
Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 05:58 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

...Fortunately most people on either side are just like you and I. We focus on the rightness and morality of our own cause, and the injustice and error of the other side. As long we say that violence is necessary and the enemy is intolerable there will never be an action that is too bloody to be acceptable or a line that can not be crossed. There will always be support for these acts of war...

Would you please not speak in my behalf, and just speak for yourself; otherwise, your assumptions can be fairly incorrect about my thinking.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 11:21 am
@maxdancona,
Israel and Gaza: Enough Is Enough

A very good article which pretty much agrees with your starting point of this thread.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 12:35 pm
0 Replies