Your Quote of the Day

JTT

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 08:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
Each rule just gets more and more hypocritical, Gene. You didn't really believe all this ****, did you? You were just another mouth for the US government, right? Did it keep you out of uniform?
JTT

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 08:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
1. The cowboy must never shoot first, hit a smaller man, or take unfair advantage.

You sure were downright ignorant when it comes to the history of the USA, weren't you, Gene?
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 08:38 pm
@JTT,
Hey, Shithead! Gene Autry served in the Army Air Force during World War II. His absence from Hollywood was a major factor in elevating the non-serving Roy Rogers to the status of "King of the Cowboys." Mouth your filthy nonsese all you want, asshole, but have some respect for a man like Gene Autry who served his country.

Creep!
JTT

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 08:42 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Hey, Asshole Merry. Gene was spouting crap. The same crap that has issued from brain dead idiots like you. It's gone on for far too long.

Did Gene get to commit some heinous war crimes while he served? He sure was hooked up with the right crew for that, wasn't he, Merry?

Did Gene carry his cowboy code overseas with him? Perhaps you can find some quotes wherein he told Truman and Eisenhower just what war criminals/terrorists they were.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 07:48 am
“Sunday, January 27, 1884. -- There was another story in the paper a week or so since. A gentleman had a favourite cat whom he taught to sit at the dinner table where it behaved very well. He was in the habit of putting any scraps he left onto the cat's plate. One day puss did not take his place punctually, but presently appeared with two mice, one of which it placed on its master's plate, the other on its own.”
― Beatrix Potter, Beatrix Potter's Journal
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 07:51 am

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.
~ Voltaire
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 07:56 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Mouth your filthy nonsese all you want, asshole, but have some respect for a man like Gene Autry who served his country.

Gene "served" his country in the same fashion that you are serving your country, Merry, by helping to hide the evil, by helping to disguise the truth. All you've got is your blathering this lame propaganda. You are unable to actually discuss the facts because you really do know the truth and you simply don't possess the honesty to address the truth.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 01:47 pm
My Quote of the Day was said today.

'Some Americans shouldn't leave the country'
Carl Lewis.

He was of course referring to Senor Romney who by all accounts is making a complete balls of his trip to London.
When Boris Johnson starts scoring points of you; you know you're in trouble. he he.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19015278
0 Replies

Strauss

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 02:31 pm
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~Winston Churchill
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 08:50 pm
“From too much love of living, From hope and fear set free, We thank with brief thanksgiving Whatever gods may be That no life lives for ever; That dead men rise up never; That even the weariest river Winds somewhere safe to sea”
Algernon Charles Swinburne

0 Replies

Strauss

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 05:32 am
Often it is the most deserving people who cannot help loving those who destroy them. ~ Hermann Hesse
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:36 am
Life is too short to worry about anything. You had better enjoy it because the next day promises nothing.
Eric Davis
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 09:36 am
“A truth that's told with bad intent
Beats all the lies you can invent.”
― William Blake, Auguries of innocence
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:18 am
The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.
Frank Zappa
eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 02:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
I want a dainty little jewish princess
With a couple of sisters who can raise a few blisters

Frank Zappa.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 03:01 pm
Professor Richmond: Can you spell cat?
Curly: Soitanly.
Professor Richmond: Spell it!
Curly: Cat. K-I-T-T-Y. Pussy.

Curly Howard (Three Stooges Curly)
eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 04:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is.
Oscar Wilde.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 04:14 am
I was very pleased, obviously, to have outsold such great writers. But I'm not insane -
I do realize that I am a popular writer who people buy to take on vacation.
Maeve Binchy

“I don't have ugly ducklings turning into swans in my stories. I have ugly ducklings turning into confident ducks.”
Maeve Binchy

(I liked Maeve Binchy, she came from the better part of Dublin, namely Dalky where such illustrious people like Bono & Van the Man live. But she was not pretentious, had no delusions of grandeur and best of all she had a real Dublin sense of humour. )
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 05:10 am
“Journalists were never intended to be the cheerleaders of a society, the conductors of applause, the sycophants. Tragically, that is their assigned role in authoritarian societies, but not here -- not yet.”
Chet Huntley

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 04:50 pm
“People have the illusion that all over the world, all the time, all kinds of fantastic things are happening. When in fact, over most of the world, most of the time, nothing is happening.”
David Brinkley