Your Quote of the Day

izzythepush

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 04:41 am
@spendius,
'Football is a simple game, when you have it you pass it and endeavour to score, when you don't have it, get it back and stop them scoring.'

Nigel Adkins Southampton manager, speaking after Saints secured promotion to the premier league.
spendius

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 04:52 am
@izzythepush,
The way Southampton play does look simple I'll admit.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 05:57 am
I'm just a jealous guy
- John Lennon
farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 06:00 am
@edgarblythe,
"You should make sure that you attach your X-----X window shades only to the top of the window frame"
Instruction sheet that came along with the damn shades.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 06:13 am
@spendius,
Did you see the match on BBC? I did, but I decided to listen to the commentry on Radio Solent which was about 2 seconds ahead, so I was listening to what was just about to happen.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 06:15 am
@farmerman,
Speaking of which, on Friday the big wheels decided that all in that one day we move the furnishings out of the model. Down the stairs and up the stairs. Then drive to Garden Ridge Pottery and pick up the new furniture. Carry it up the stairs and assemble same. There was a table and four chairs, a bed, a couch, ottoman, chest of drawers, easy chair. I forget how many pieces exactly, all but the chest of drawers, in kit form. The chest of drawers needed only the feet attached. We were doing okay assembling the stuff on the walk before the apartment - keeping the trash out of the inside - when the boss came up and made us take it all up there to finish. One worker who had a screwdriver in his hip pocket sat down on the coffee table, a soft padded surface, and punched a hole. By the time it was all assembled and the wheels were up there organizing and hanging mirrors and such, I went home. I had already gone four hours over my limit for the day. The others, full timers, were left to finish. All so the owners get a look at it in a few hours. I am about to go in shortly.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 07:37 am
Thy friendship oft has made my heart to ache: do be my enemy for friendship's sake.
~ William Blake
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 08:22 pm
“If man asks for many laws it is only because he is sure that his neighbor needs them; privately he is an unphilosophical anarchist, and thinks laws in his own case superfluous.”
Will Durant

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 03:05 pm
"There were never moments in your life when you actually saw something end, for whether you knew it or not something else was always flowering. Never a disappearance, always a transformation."

― Glen David Gold
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 07:05 pm
“I worry that the person who thought up Muzak may be thinking up something else.”
~Lily Tomlin
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 02:55 am
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 07:17 pm
Just think of the trees: they let the birds perch and fly, with no intention to call them when they come and no longing for their return when they fly away. If people's hearts can be like the trees, they will not be off the Way.
Langya Motivational Quotes
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 05:09 am
Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by a difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought most to be deprecated.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Sir Edward Newenham, Oct. 20, 1792
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 03:01 pm
"Theories are our own inventions, our own ideas; they are not forced upon us but are our self-made instruments of thought: this has been clearly seen by the idealist. But some of these theories of ours can clash with reality; and when they do, we know there is a reality; there is something to remind us of the fact that our ideas may be mistaken. And that is why the realist is right."
--Karl Popper
eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 05:28 pm
Books are like a mirror. If an ass looks in, you can't expect an angel to look out.
B. C. Forbes
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 09:04 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
" ... And that is why the realist is right."

Why thank you, JW.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 05:44 am
“The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.”
― Emily Dickinson
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 06:45 am
One has to be a lowbrow, a bit of a murderer, to be a politician, ready and willing to see people sacrificed, slaughtered, for the sake of an idea, whether a good one or a bad one.
~ Henry Miller
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 08:34 pm
The human brain starts working the moment you are born and never stops until you stand up to speak in public.
George Jessel
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 04:44 am
I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
Audrey Hepburn
0 Replies