Your Quote of the Day

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2019 03:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's a good one.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2019 11:37 pm
“A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black, because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light.”
― Leonardo da Vinci
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 11:00 pm
“You’re wishin’ too much, baby. You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be.”
― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 06:06 pm
“If all the world hated you and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved of you and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends.”
― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 05:14 am
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 05:25 am
Here’s what Einstein didn’t say:
Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

C.E.M. Joad

The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.

Alexandre Dumas-fils

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Robert J. Hanlon

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Ludwig Boltzmann

Chance is perhaps the pseudonym of God when he does not want to sign.

Théophile Gautier

Every now and then a man’s mind is stretched by a new idea or sensation, and never shrinks back to its former dimensions.

Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

William Bruce Cameron
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 05:26 am
Top 30 Most Inspiring Albert Einstein Quotes
Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.

Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.

I am by heritage a Jew, by citizenship a Swiss, and by makeup a human being, and only a human being, without any special attachment to any state or national entity whatsoever.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

I would teach peace rather than war. I would inculcate love rather than hate.

I believe in intuitions and inspirations. I sometimes feel that I am right. I do not know that I am.

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.

A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving.

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.

I believe in standardizing automobiles. I do not believe in standardizing human beings.

It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?

A human being is part of a whole called by us “Universe.”

The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy — am I or are the others crazy?

The world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.

Concern for man and his fate must always form the chief interest of all technical endeavors. Never forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations.

I love to travel, but I hate to arrive.

All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual.

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence.

Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has preserved me from feeling isolated.

The years of anxious searching in the dark, with their intense longing, their alternations of confidence and exhaustion, and final emergence into light—only those who have experienced it can understand that.

Let us not forget that human knowledge and skills alone cannot lead humanity to a happy and dignified life

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Invention is not the product of logical thought, even though the final product is tied to a logical structure.

Science can flourish only in an atmosphere of free speech.

Hail to the man who went through life always helping others, knowing no fear, and to whom aggressiveness and resentment are alien

A happy man is too satisfied with the present to dwell too much on the future.

I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.

Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hopes of reward after death.

The great moral teachers of humanity were, in a way, artistic geniuses in the art of living.

Out yonder there was this huge world, which exists independently of us human beings and which stands before us like a great, eternal riddle, at least partially accessible to our inspection and thinking. The contemplation of this world beckoned like a liberation…
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 09:37 pm
“People do not change, they are merely revealed.”
― Anne Enright, The Gathering
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 09:49 am
https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/69015436_2443469702356336_1024939059803324416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlCGIp7y_6ZvzicLK6PFgPNXqzluW79bSAobX77dWIgPXDMC3iOcgWm7N4HHR6TTZW3ATe6SnUXhfHS5Pn2R-PG&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.fna&oh=862452d069a3025ef8a063964c2224ab&oe=5DCF9F6A
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 06:58 pm
“A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody.”
― Thomas Paine
coluber2001

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 02:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
That is especially germane considering our current political situation.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 02:35 pm
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Ben Franklin
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 11:35 pm
Qui vit sans folie n'est pas si sage qu'il croit.
-- La Rochefoucauld
coluber2001

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 10:27 am
@Olivier5,
What?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 12:19 pm
@Olivier5,
Yep
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 01:03 pm
“Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts.”
― Jean-Paul Marat

“God has always been hard on the poor.”
― Jean-Paul Marat

“No, liberty is not made for us: we are too ignorant, too vain, too presumptuous, too cowardly, too vile, too corrupt, too attached to rest and to pleasure, too much slaves to fortune to ever know the true price of liberty. We boast of being free! To show how much we have become slaves, it is enough just to cast a glance on the capital and examine the morals of its inhabitants.”

― Jean-Paul Marat
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 06:10 pm
“A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one.”
― Alexander Hamilton
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 11:59 pm
C'est une grande folie de vouloir être sage tout seul.
-- La Rochefoucauld
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 05:39 am
“The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the Hand of Divinity itself, and can never be erased or obscured by mortal power.”
― Alexander Hamilton
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2019 05:40 am
"If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will." -Frederick Douglass
0 Replies