Your Quote of the Day

vonny

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 03:03 pm
“I've realized that I'm more important than food is. I love a big slice of pizza, but I love myself more. Being thin is about changing the way you think about yourself. It's about saying that you deserve to be healthy.”

- Valerie Bertinelli
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 03:05 pm
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”

-Albert Einstein
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 09:08 am
“But we do not merely protest; we make renewed demand for freedom in that vast kingdom of the human spirit where freedom has ever had the right to dwell:the expressing of thought to unstuffed ears; the dreaming of dreams by untwisted souls.”
― W.E.B. Du Bois
0 Replies

timur

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:07 pm
http://25.media.tumblr.com/33eb4383dcb8a91b97c98db381876859/tumblr_muf8keDkF91qgzttmo1_500.jpg
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:48 pm
@timur,
Are you talking about me again? Smile
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:58 pm
“No, we aren't civilized, even in our business suits and high heels. People are as mean as ever, and as predictable. Underneath it all, we are not so different from what lurks in the wild, perhaps we're worse.”
― Donna Lynn Hope
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:16 pm
@vonny,
So true!!

When it comes to human dignity, we cannot make compromises!
(Angela Merkel)
vonny

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:28 pm
@CalamityJane,
“You live as if you were destined to live forever, no thought of your frailty ever enters your head, of how much time has already gone by you take no heed. You squander time as if you drew from a full and abundant supply, though all the while that day which you bestow on some person or thing is perhaps your last.”
― Seneca
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 05:45 am
“There are men and women who make the world better just by being the kind of people they are. They have the gift of kindness or courage or loyalty or integrity. It really matters very little whether they are behind the wheel of a truck or running a business or bringing up a family. They teach the truth by living it.”
― James A. Garfield
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 09:10 am
“There's no such thing as writer's block. That was invented by people in California who couldn't write.” ~Terry Pratchett
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 04:38 pm
Personally I have no bone to pick with graveyards.
Samuel Beckett

0 Replies

pl0234

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2015 05:53 pm
http://www.illustrated-quotes.com/images/quotes/normal/Walt_Disney_quote_1416071520.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 05:58 am
“In my next life I want to live my life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way. Then you wake up in an old people's home feeling better every day. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension, and then when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day. You work for 40 years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, drink alcohol, and are generally promiscuous, then you are ready for high school. You then go to primary school, you become a kid, you play. You have no responsibilities, you become a baby until you are born. And then you spend your last 9 months floating in luxurious spa-like conditions with central heating and room service on tap, larger quarters every day and then Voila! You finish off as an orgasm!”
― Woody Allen
izzythepush

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 06:02 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day.

No you don't. On your first day they nick your gold watch. You do get to regurgitate a lot of party food and drink.

Father Christmas is a right bastard, every year he comes down the chimney and swipes the kid's favourite toys.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 05:37 am

“Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage.”
― Ray Bradbury
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 10:37 pm
"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it."
-- H.L. Mencken
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:23 am
“If the apocalypse comes...beep me!”
― Joss Whedon
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 12:55 pm
"This is going to sound a bit pompous, but I'd rather die standing than live on my knees."
Stéphane Charbonnier, alias Charb, cartoonist, director of Charlie Hebdo until his death today, talking about a bomb attack against the journal in 2011 after it published Mohammad cartoons.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:04 pm
@Olivier5,
I've seen that quote attributed to more than one. Zapata, Mexican revolutionary, for example. Not that they haven't all said it. I don't think we can know who really said it first, though.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:36 pm
I am, as I've said, merely competent.
But in an age of incompetence,
that makes me extraordinary.

(Billy Joel)
0 Replies