Your Quote of the Day

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 04:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
I know a fellow who gave up drinking, smoking and sex. He was the picture of health until the day he killed himself.

Milton Berle
Germlat

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 04:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I know a fellow who gave up drinking, smoking and sex. He was the picture of health until the day he killed himself.

Milton Berle

Loving that one!
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 05:57 pm
@Germlat,
I don't have any plans to give up any one of those. My smoking is only cigars - the best Cuba has to offer. Mr. Green drink=Drunk cigars=Very Happy sex+Embarrassed
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 01:37 am
Guns don't kill people, people who say 'Guns don't kill people,' kill people, with guns. Rob Delaney
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 04:43 am
Found this on a quote site. Don't blame me. Razz

“Walk on with hope in your heart,
and you'll never walk alone”
― Shah Rukh Khan
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 04:28 am
“Conflict is the gadfly of thought. It stirs us to observation and memory. It instigates invention. It shocks us out of sheep-like passivity, and sets us at noting and contriving…conflict is a sine qua non of reflection and ingenuity.”
― John Dewey
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:39 am
"A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad."
--Arnold H. Glasgow
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:49 am
@Lustig Andrei,
It's a little odd that people who drives in on a 450SL to Wall Street to get advise from a guy who came to work in a bus/subway.

Milton Berle
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
Gotta be false, Ed. The USA are the masters of conflict and y'all remain steadfast in your "sheepness".
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 04:46 pm
Oh god it's back. What odds it was another anti US rant?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 06:41 pm
@Wilso,
What else could it have been, Wilso?
Wilso

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:35 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
God forbid that he use a quote thread to...I don't know. Post a meaningful quote?
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 03:34 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Found this on a quote site. Don't blame me. Razz

“Walk on with hope in your heart,
and you'll never walk alone”
― Shah Rukh Khan

Wow, SRK supports Liverpool FC? Who knew! Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:30 am
“He must be very ignorant for he answers every question he is asked.”
― Voltaire
Olivier5

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 09:54 am
@edgarblythe,
"Zanetto, lascia le donne, e studia la matematica !"
(Hey Johnny, you should forgot about women and study mathematics instead)
A Venetian courtesan to Jean-Jacques Rousseau, who was complaining about the imperfect shape of her left nipple.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 03:20 pm
@Olivier5,
Women who want to be equal to men have no ambition.

Milton Berle
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 03:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
A shortened version from Milton Berle.

From fifteen to twenty-one, women are like the continent of Africa. Part virgin, part explored. From twenty-one to thirty-five, they are like Asia - dark and mysterious.
From fifty on, women are like Antarctica - everybody knows about it, but nobody goes there.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 06:44 pm
"There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly lit front porch,"
-- Robert Brault
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 12:40 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
"Science fiction is no more written for scientists than ghost stories are written for ghosts."
--Brian Aldiss
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 01:23 pm
. . . I know, Your Honor, that every atom of life in all this universe is bound up together. I know that a pebble cannot be thrown into the ocean without disturbing every drop of water in the sea. I know that every life is inextricably mixed and woven with every other life. I know that every influence, conscious and unconscious, acts and reacts on every living organism, and that no one can fix the blame. I know that all life is a series of infinite chances, which sometimes result one way and sometimes another. I have not the infinite wisdom that can fathom it, neither has any other human brain”
― Clarence Darrow, Attorney for the Damned: Clarence Darrow in the Courtroom