Your Quote of the Day

vonny

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 08:38 am
@tontoiam,
“We can spend our lives letting the world tell us who we are. Sane or insane. Saints or sex addicts. Heroes or victims. Letting history tell us how good or bad we are. Letting our past decide our future. Or we can decide for ourselves. And maybe it's our job to invent something better.”
― Chuck Palahniuk,
vonny

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 08:38 am
bump
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 12:59 pm
@vonny,
" ... because most of the time, okay is enough.”
--------
Birth defects plague Vietnam; US slow to help

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-12-08/health/chi-agent-orange3-dec08_1_defoliants-vietnam-war-agent-orange

But okay is enough, right, Vonny?

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 01:02 pm
@vonny,
“We can spend our lives letting the world tell us who we are ...
--------

If only y'all would listen to the world telling you what you are.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 02:35 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/religion_zpsb09a88b2.jpg
Germlat

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 02:44 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Smile Smile Smile
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 03:07 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
So remember to keep in you pants, Uncle Sam. You have caused way way way too much grief and suffering.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 04:17 pm
Fake friends are a vital piece of life. They keep you on your toes and teach you to never take the real ones for granted.
- Ayjee Grogan
JTT

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 04:21 pm
@vonny,
Fake friends are a vital piece of life. They keep you on your toes and teach you to never take the real ones for granted.
-------

The poor people of the world have had that lesson blasted into them too many times, Vonny.
spendius

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 04:26 pm
@JTT,
"If **** had value the poor wouldn't have arseholes."

Henry Miller.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 09:33 pm
@spendius,
James De La Vega:
http://i62.tinypic.com/2nsc6rr.jpg
JTT

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 09:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
Your laxative is working, Tsars?
0 Replies

tontoiam

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 10:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
"Always love me in a mature manner, I'll always love you in a mature manner."

- anonymous
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 07:03 am
“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.” -Pope Francis
vonny

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:16 am
I am thankful for all difficult people in my life, they have shown me exactly who I do not want to be.
- Arlene Enego
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:21 am
“Garrett," said Stendahl, "do you know why I've done this to you? Because you burned Mr. Poe's books without really reading them. You took other people's advice that they needed burning. Otherwise you'd have realized what I was going to do to you when we came down here a moment ago. Ignorance is fatal, Mr. Garrett.”
― Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:46 am
“It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.”
― Oscar Wilde
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:48 am
“There are more things to alarm us than to harm us, and we suffer more often in apprehension than reality.”
- Seneca
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 12:14 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Bear quote: The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God.
-----

So much for the notion of papal infallibility.
JTT

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 12:17 pm
@vonny,
Vonny: I am thankful for all difficult people in my life, they have shown me exactly who I do not want to be.
- Arlene Enego
//////////

Thatcher, blair, cameron, Reagan, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, bush, bush, Clinton, ford, carter, ... .