Your Quote of the Day

spendius

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 10:37 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
The man's a book burner.

Is it okay, ed, if I assert that you have syphilis?
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 10:43 am
@spendius,
Assert all you like. There's no basis for it. You, on the other hand, want to deprive the world of science books about evolution and the like.
Germlat

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 10:44 am
@spendius,
Wow! What does that even mean? A std really?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 01:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
There's no basis for it.

I know that ed. There is no basis for your assertion that I'm a book burner either. I don't mark books even so sacred do I consider them.

I do not want to deprive the world of anything except bloody counter-jumpers using pop science to grab power. And if you had some idea about what will happen if they do you would support me,
izzythepush

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 01:04 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
There's no basis for it.

I know that ed. There is no basis for your assertion that I'm a book burner either. I don't mark books even so sacred do I consider them.

Even this one?
http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mGdvPr8capRKjz20chkYWMg.jpg
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 01:59 pm
“Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.”
― George Sand
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 02:01 pm
"Your greatness is measured by your kindness; your education and intellect by your modesty; your ignorance is betrayed by your suspicions and prejudices, and your real calibre is measured by the consideration and tolerance you have for others.

William J.H. Boetcker
Germlat

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 07:05 pm
@spendius,
A bit early for pulling the Neanderthal card ! Shagging really?!
0 Replies

hamburgboy

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 08:08 pm
Quote:
Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.

PHYLLIS DILLER
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 06:08 am
“My point is, life is about balance. The good and the bad. The highs and the lows. The pina and the colada.”
― Ellen DeGeneres, Seriously... I'm Kidding
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 08:24 am
@hamburgboy,
" Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 06:05 am
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
― Plato
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 07:20 am
@vonny,
"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use."
Emily Post
spendius

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 07:53 am
@Germlat,
The feelings of which others? No doubt it sounds fine at a prominent banker's ball in a Fifth Avenue mansion where an attractive husband might be hooked.

Some might say that Mr Post was being well mannered towards the chorus girls and fledgling actresses he was friendly with. One is not supposed to refuse a lady's offer.

It's okay to keep out of the way of them though.

0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 08:09 am
"A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 10:11 am
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

" Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

It would be good to have dates for Reagan quotes. After all, he was senile at the time he first took office as the president.
Germlat

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 10:16 am
@Advocate,
Very true... But he was on target about this one. I don't need a diagnosis ...content says it all.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 01:57 pm
Fake friends are like shadows, they follow you in the sun, but leave your side when it gets dark.
spendius

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 02:32 pm
@vonny,
That was Orwell's position I think vonny. There are darker shades of dark.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 06:14 am
“I think I've discovered the secret of life -- you just hang around until you get used to it.”
― Charles M. Schulz
0 Replies