Your Quote of the Day

vonny

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 05:03 am
@tsarstepan,
"A man is like a novel: until the very last page you don't know how it will end. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth reading.”
― Yevgeny Zamyatin
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 09:21 am
"A friend to all is a friend to none."
Aristotle
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 09:49 am
“I kept always two books in my pocket, one to read, one to write in.”
― Robert Louis Stevenson, Essays of Robert Louis Stevenson
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 02:49 pm
“I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.”
― Jane Austen
Germlat

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 03:07 pm
@vonny,
" A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform ."
Diane Mariechild
vonny

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 03:13 pm
@Germlat,
“He understood well enough how a man with a choice between pride and responsibility will almost always choose pride—if responsibility robs him of his manhood.”
–Stephen King
Germlat

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 03:27 pm
@vonny,
" The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."
Any Rand
vonny

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 03:31 pm
@Germlat,
“I could die for you. But I couldn't, and wouldn't, live for you.”
― Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead
Germlat

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 04:01 pm
@vonny,
" A woman gets angry when a man denies his faults, because she knew them all along. His lying mocks her affection; it is the deceit that angers her more than the faults."
Fulton J. Sheen, Life worth living.
vonny

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 04:06 pm
@Germlat,
Pure love and suspicion cannot dwell together: at the door where the latter enters, the former makes its exit.
- Alexandre Dumas
spendius

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 04:15 pm
@Germlat,
We need, Germie, before we run away with ourselves, to decide whether what the lady deemed to be faults were actually faults. If they are not, as is often the case, then the chap is not lying and not mocking her affection and thus there is no deceit. Thus her anger is misplaced and signifies her as being a bad-tempered little ratbag always wanting all her own way.

I am incapable of even thinking of such an expression never mind writing it down. I presumed before I checked that Fulton was an American.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 04:22 pm
@vonny,
One might bring the mistress home for a three-way romp with the wife to avoid the necessity of suspicion, vonny. It is not all that uncommon and I dare bet it is on the increase.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 05:46 pm
"It's being so cheerful that keeps me going."

Mona Lott.
Germlat

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 06:32 pm
@spendius,
I'd hate for you to be the dean at an arts department ...the censorship would not be conducive to art.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 06:38 pm
@Germlat,
The man's a book burner.
hamburgboy

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 10:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

that's a great principle = be you own
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 09:14 am
@edgarblythe,
"Without freedom, no art; art only lives on the restraints it imposes on itself, and dies of all others."
Albert Camus
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 09:52 am
“It's better to die laughing than to live each moment in fear.”
― Michael Crichton
Germlat

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 10:21 am
@edgarblythe,
"Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself."
Elie Wiesel
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 10:30 am
@Germlat,
Quote:
I'd hate for you to be the dean at an arts department ...the censorship would not be conducive to art.

I would be too busy shagging the female students who I had chosen for post-graduates work to bother about censorship.
0 Replies