Your Quote of the Day

spendius

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 07:16 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
“Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth.”

As long as it takes a long time to get there we should be alright.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 07:18 am
@spendius,
It's a lot quicker than you would admit.
spendius

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 09:15 am
@edgarblythe,
It's never ed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 06:28 am
“My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular.”
― Adlai E. Stevenson II
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 04:04 am
Under this window in stormy weather I marry this man and woman together; Let none but Him who rules the thunder Put this man and woman asunder.
Jonathan Swift
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 08:42 am
That's a big dude.
-random Lilliputian.
spendius

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 10:08 am
@edgarblythe,
"As for a wife, that most interesting specimen in the whole series of vertebrate animals, Providence only knows whether I shall capture one or be able to feed her if caught."

Charles Darwin.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 10:13 am
@spendius,
Doubtless he set a bear trap near the ladies' room.
You people who go back to Darwin's personal life, as if he were a religious icon to be debunked, are usually amusing, but often tiresomely childish.
spendius

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 11:52 am
@edgarblythe,
We can put up with any amount of derogatory assertions as long as we are amusing.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 12:53 pm
@spendius,
It doesn't matter how many holidays we celebrate after we retire. Every day is Saturday.
spendius

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 02:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You're not retired ci. You work for the travel agents and all the other agents who are taking bites out of your will. (pun intended).

Veblen called consumerism the night shift.

You should take it easy.

Did Charlie's irony amuse you?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 08:49 am
“People ask you for criticism, but they only want praise.”
― W. Somerset Maugham, Of Human Bondage
0 Replies

hamburgboy

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 08:58 am
Quote:
“Love thy neighbor -- and if he happens to be tall, debonair and devastating, it will be that much easier.”
― Mae West

http://prettycleverfilms.com/files/2013/10/She-Done-Him-Wrong-1933-1.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 09:59 am
“I had considered how the things that never happen, are often as much realities to us, in their effects, as those that are accomplished.”
― Charles Dickens, David Copperfield
spendius

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 06:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
Is he meaning masturbation fantasies ed?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 09:40 am
"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" George Harrison
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 09:46 am
“Such is the influence which the condition of our own thoughts, exercises, even over the appearance of external objects. Men who look on nature, and their fellow-men, and cry that all is dark and gloomy, are in the right; but the sombre colours are reflections from their own jaundiced eyes and hearts. The real hues are delicate, and need a clearer vision.”
― Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 10:06 am
INTERVIEWER- "You'd think that in the 24th century they'd be able to cure Picard's baldness"
GENE RODDENBERRY (creator of Star Trek)- "In the 24th century nobody cares about baldness"
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 11:02 am
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.

You can live to be a hundred, if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.

Is world peace possible or is the human race too innately aggressive? For instance: Have you ever seen women at a sample sale?

I hate reality. But where else can you get a good steak dinner?

I don't want to move to a city where the only cultural advantage is being able to make a right turn on a red light.

This stuff tastes awful; I could have made a fortune selling it in my health-food store.
All from Woody Allen
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 12:53 pm
Former sig line, almost as good as my current sig line.

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” - Denis Diderot -
0 Replies