Your Quote of the Day

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 05:03 am
“These paper boats of mine are meant to dance on the ripples of hours, and not reach any destination.”
― Rabindranath Tagore
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 10:31 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Sure worked for LBJ, didn't it? He got much of America to look down on the gooks.

Then he used your money to slaughter millions. That's the kind of thing that does an American proud, knowing their tax dollars went to a worthwhile endeavor.

His quote may not have been altruistic in it's intentions but it certainly hit the mark
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 01:03 pm
May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future Irish Blessing
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 01:45 pm
By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach. ~Winston Churchill
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 01:47 pm
“I wish I could tell you how lonely I am. How cold and harsh it is here. Everywhere there is conflict and unkindness. I think God has forsaken this place. I believe I have seen hell and it's white, it's snow-white.”
― Elizabeth Gaskell
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 02:18 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Have to agree there, Bear, it did hit the mark.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 02:50 pm
"The first sign of maturity is the discovery that the volume knob also turns to the left."
-- Jerry M.Wright
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 03:38 pm
There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it.
Alfred Hitchcock
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 04:31 am
“Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven, where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”
― -Eskimo Legend
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 02:51 pm
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 02:53 pm
"No member of a crew is praised for the rugged individuality of his rowing."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 05:01 am
“you don't love a girl because of beauty, you love her because she sings a song only you can understand" -James”
― L.J. Smith
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 02:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
"Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense."
--Mark Overby
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 04:32 am
“Of what a strange nature is knowledge! It clings to a mind when it has once seized on it like a lichen on a rock."
- Frankenstein p115”
― Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 11:44 am
@edgarblythe,
A twofer if you don't mind my audacity:
Charles Bukowski wrote:

When you drank the world was still out there, but for the moment it didn’t have you by the throat.

Factotum
Charles Bukowski wrote:

That’s the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.

Women
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 02:07 pm
http://www.motivationalquotesabout.com/images/quotes/if-someone-is-being-unkind-or-petty-or-cheryl-strayed.jpg
spendius

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 02:27 pm
@vonny,
It is unavoidable in certain circumstances vonny. It is about your worth.
vonny

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 02:39 pm
@spendius,
It's about how you value yourself, don't you think?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 05:00 pm
"There are three deaths. The first is when the body ceases to function. The second is when the body is consigned to the grave. The third is that moment, sometime in the future, when your name is spoken for the last time."

-- David Eagleman, author of SUM: Forty Tales from the Afterlives
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 05:12 pm
@vonny,
Quote:
It's about how you value yourself, don't you think?

I had a short period during which I thought I was God's gift to women.

When I thought it through I realised that if God had a gift for women it would be in the form of an organism which coughed up a dollar everytime the cane was applied to its bare arse.
0 Replies