Your Quote of the Day

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 08:35 am
"You da bomb." "No you da bomb." Kind gesture in America..... Argument in the Middle East. Unknown
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 04:26 am
It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Emiliano Zapata
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 04:34 am
“What peaches and what penumbras! Whole families shopping at night! Aisles full of husbands! Wives in the avocados, babies in the tomatoes!--and you, Garcia Lorca, what were you doing down by the watermelons?”
― Allen Ginsberg, Howl and Other Poems
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 10:25 am
If you don't believe a mentally ill person has the right to bring a sawed-off shotgun to a church where his ex-girlfriend is getting married, you are part of the problem. ~ David Sedaris
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 04:41 am
I hope everyone that is reading this is having a really good day. And if you are not, just know that in every new minute that passes you have an opportunity to change that.
Gillian Anderson
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 04:52 am
“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”
― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 05:42 am
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 08:22 am
“Nobody should have to die to a crappy soundtrack”
― James R. Tuck, Blood and Bullets
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 12:32 pm
“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”
― Albert Camus
Dustemoon

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2013 08:43 am
@vonny,
"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: Not going all the way, and not starting."
~ Buddha
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2013 09:24 am
“That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!”
― Bill Watterson, Weirdos from Another Planet
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2013 11:35 am
"If you can convince the lowest white man that he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll even empty his pockets for you.”

LBJ
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 05:01 am
“When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid; I figure it's a sure sign that the animal has somehow outfoxed them”
― Tom Dorrance, True Unity: Willing Communication Between Horse & Human
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 09:59 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Sure worked for LBJ, didn't it? He got much of America to look down on the gooks.

Then he used your money to slaughter millions. That's the kind of thing that does an American proud, knowing their tax dollars went to a worthwhile endeavor.
vonny

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:49 pm
We have a choice every day - to act on yesterday's good intentions or get an early start on tomorrow's regrets.
~Robert Braul
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:52 pm
The secret to happiness in your work is to find a job in which your neurosis is constructive.
~Jeanne LaMont, MD
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 03:35 pm
“Comets are like cats: they have tails, and they do precisely what they want.”
― David H. Levy
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 06:39 pm
“There is a pleasure sure in being mad which none but madmen know.”
~~ John Dryden, from The Spanish Friar
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 03:15 am
“Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.”
― Christopher Hitchens,
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 03:17 am
"Until you have loved an animal, part of your soul will have remained dormant."
- Anatole France
0 Replies