0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 08:02 am
“Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can”
Danny Kaye
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 09:41 am
"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."
- Bertrand Russell
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 08:30 pm
They liked me so long as the liquor flowed at my house, but I haven't seen any of them around lately.
Bud Abbott
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 08:17 am
If Jesus was a Jew, how come he has a Mexican first name?
Billy Connolly

"I'll moider da bum."
- Heavyweight boxer Tony Galento, when asked what he thought of William Shakespeare
eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 08:40 am
@eurocelticyankee,
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." (Keyboards Wink )
- Frank Lloyd Wright
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 12:09 pm
“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”
― Henry Ford
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 04:27 am
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger.
Abbie Hoffman
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 04:51 am
"My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 05:22 pm
Yesterday was my 57th birthday. This is from Ellen DeGeneres...

"When we were kids, all we wanted was to be older. When we were seven and a half and someone said we were only seven, we were furious...Can you imagine doing that now as an adult? 'This is Marsha. She's forty-two.' 'Forty-two and a half! You always forget the half! I'm practically forty-two and three-quarters!' I don't know at what age people stop wanting to be older. People seem to enjoy their twenties and thirties. It must be around forty, when you're 'over the hill.' I don't even know what that means and why it's a bad thing. When I go hiking and I get over the hill, that means I'm past the hard part and there's a snack in my future. That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. People seem to be shy about their age through their fifties and sixties, but then once they hit seventy or eighty, they start telling people again because it's such a huge victory to have made it that far. No one gets to one hundred and tells people they're ninety-five. So I don't know why anyone has to lie about those middle years. We should celebrate every year that we made it through...Because honestly, that's the best-case scenario."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 06:58 pm
Happy Birthday, Eva.
Eva

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 07:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thank you, Edgar!
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 07:52 pm
@Eva,
Happy belated birthday Eva and here's to 57 more healthier years. Smile
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 08:22 pm
“What is that feeling when you're driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? - it's the too-huge world vaulting us, and it's good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.”
― Jack Kerouac, On the Road
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 09:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thanks, tsar.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 04:15 am
America’s health care system is neither healthy, caring, nor a system.
- Walter Cronkite

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 05:24 pm
“You cannot play with the animal in you without becoming wholly animal, play with falsehood without forfeiting your right to truth, play with cruelty without losing your sensitivity of mind. He who wants to keep his garden tidy does not reserve a plot for weeds”
― Dag Hammarskjöld
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 04:40 am
“It marks a big step in your development when you come to realize that other people can help you do a better job than you could do alone.”
― Andrew Carnegie
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 07:07 am
It is the dull man who is always sure, and the sure man who is always dull.
~H. L. Mencken
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 10:08 am
"Kindness" covers all of my political beliefs. I believe that if, at the end, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. This is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. I didn't always know this and I'm happy I lived long enough to find it out. ~~ Roger Ebert.
0 Replies