Your Quote of the Day

spendius

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 04:55 pm
@Debacle,
That's true Deb.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 04:35 am
“The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists.”
― Charles Dickens
0 Replies

timur

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 08:20 am
"Laughter is to life what shock absorbers are to automobiles. It won't take the potholes out of the road, but it sure makes the ride smoother."

~Barbara Johnson
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 02:40 pm
“Charm is often despised but I can never see why. No one has it who isn't capable of genuinely liking others, at least at the actual moment of meeting and speaking. Charm is always genuine; it may be superficial but it isn't false.”
― P.D. James,
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 03:48 pm
Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are dead.

.... Aldous Huxley

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 04:24 am
“If someone thinks that peace and love are just a cliche that must have been left behind in the 60s, that's a problem. Peace and love are eternal.”
― John Lennon
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 04:40 am
"If anyone thinks that a kind of consciousness without either sensations, images, or thoughts, because it is totally unimaginable and inconceivable to most of us, cannot exist, he is surely being very stupid. He supposes that the possibilities of this vast universe are confined to what can be imagined and understood by the brains of average human insects who crawl on a minute speck of dust floating in illimitable space."
-- Walter T. Stace, The Teachings of the Mystics
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:17 pm
What most persons consider as virtue, after the age of 40 is simply a loss of energy.

... Voltaire
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:42 pm
“...when two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.”
― Richard Dawkins
Kolyo

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 07:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
"Nobody's right if everybody's wrong."
--Buffalo Springfield
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 04:24 am
“You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
What mood is that?
Last-minute panic.”
― Bill Watterson
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 04:54 pm
"I'mnot buddy-buddy with the players. If they need a buddy, let them buy a dog."
--Whitey Herzog
(major league baseball manager)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 04:25 am
“I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”
― Woody Allen
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 03:24 pm
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
--T.S. Eliot
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 09:53 am
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Charles Darwin
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 09:58 am
Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place
- Kurt Vonnegut
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 08:04 am
“Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.”
― C.G. Jung
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 04:58 am
“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.”
― Mark Twain
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 10:10 am
Who hath perswaded [man] that this admirable moving of heavens vaults, that the eternal light of these lampes so fiercely rowling over his head, that the horror-moving and continuall motion of this infinite vaste ocean were established, and continue so many ages for his commoditie and service? Is it possible to imagine anything so ridiculous as this miserable and wretched creature, which is not so much as master of himselfe, exposed and subject to offences of all things, and yet dareth call himselfe Master and Emperour of this Universe?

.... Michel de Montaigne, 1575

0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 12:47 pm
I think there's a poet who wrote once a tragedy by Shakespeare, a symphony by Beethoven and a thunderstorm are based on the same elements. I think that's a beautiful line.
- Maximilian Schell
0 Replies