Your Quote of the Day

JTT

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 11:37 am
@tsarstepan,
This is precisely the same level of delusion you, Tsars, and others show regarding the war crimes, the terrorism, the complete disregard for others rights that the US has shown/shows for innocents around the world.

Isn't this called hypocrisy?
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 01:05 pm
When a man died, there had to be blame. Jimmy Cross understood this. You could blame the war, You could blame the idiots who made the war. You could blame Kiowa for going to it. You could blame the rain. You could blame the river. You could blame the field, the mud, the climate. You could blame the enemy. You could blame the mortar rounds. You could blame people who were too lazy to read a newspaper, who were bored by the daily body counts, who switched channels at the mention of politics. You could blame whole nations. You could blame God. You could blame the munitions makers or Karl Marx or a trick of fate of an old man in Omaha who forgot to vote.
― Tim O'Brien
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 01:06 pm
Was it you or I who stumbled first? It does not matter. The one of us who finds the strength to get up first, must help the other.
― Vera Nazarian
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 05:07 am
“We are all so guilty at the way we have allowed the world around us to become more ugly and tasteless every year that we surrender to terror and steep ourselves in it.”
― Norman Mailer, In the Belly of the Beast: Letters From Prison
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 05:41 am
"Nothing doesn't suck" Dangerous Don Parker
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 06:16 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
You've been living under a massive 100 ton boulder and haven't heard about the constant decades-long epidemic of Catholic Church sex abuse scandals highly publicized in every major newspaper across the globe for years and years?!

Media sees the Church as No 1 enemy because it condemns all the vices Media pander to in its ratings chase. Obviously Media will milk the rare cases it finds.

How do you know that it isn't the permissiveness of Media which creates, or contributes, to the small number of priests who do such ridiculous things? It provides an arousing climate.

"Epidemic" is stretching it a bit.

I know that Mr Savage jumped in to be first in the homosexual "marriage" publicity race. So when it comes to the Church I don't see any sarcasm being likely.

Of all sex abuse cases what percentage are you claiming to have been carried out by priests?
spendius

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 05:12 pm
@spendius,
"I'll teach you how to pick and choose, and how to throw the blade."

Bob Dylan.
JTT

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 05:53 pm
@spendius,
Instead of trying to finn/firefly/spendius this thing to death, Spendi, you could actually try to do a wee bit of research.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 04:30 am
“Small minds cannot grasp great ideas; to their narrow comprehension, their purblind vision, nothing seems really great and important but themselves.”
― James George Frazer, The Golden Bough: A Study in Magic and Religion
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 04:58 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Instead of trying to finn/firefly/spendius this thing to death, Spendi, you could actually try to do a wee bit of research.

What into? This is a quote thread. I only use quotes I know of or come across. I don't look for them on Google. Thus I might get a word wrong here and there.

"I noticed that she just hunkered down at the end."

Frank Harris.

JTT

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 11:09 am
@spendius,
Quote:
What into? This is a quote thread.

Four posts before this one of yours, you used the "quote thread" to throw up a great deal of smoke - just as you are doing here.
vonny

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 07:48 am
@JTT,
We're constantly striving for success, fame and comfort when all we really need to be happy is someone or some thing to be enthusiastic about.
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vonny

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 07:49 am
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
- George Washington Carver
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 09:24 am
Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. ~Bill Cosby
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 09:28 am
HAPPY FATHERS DAY

- millions of people
vonny

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 02:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.
- Jim Valvano
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 08:50 pm
“There was, I think, a prevailing
impression common to the provincial mind, that his misfortune was
the result of the defective moral quality of his being a stranger.”
― Bret Harte
JTT

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 09:38 pm
@vonny,
Our real heroes are those who have tried to tell us the truth.

Robert Fearn in his book "Amoral America"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 03:27 am
@edgarblythe,
"He who stands for nothing, will fall for anything"-
-Alexander Hamilton
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 03:29 am
@spendius,
If its too silly to say, why do we always sing it