Your Quote of the Day

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 04:35 am
@JTT,
"The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
The answer is blowin' in the wind."

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 04:50 am
“Our consiousness rarely registers the beginning of a growth within us anymore than without us: there have been many circulations of the sap before we detect the smallest sign of the bud.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 09:02 am
@spendius,
Of course it is, Spendi. That's where propaganda does its best work.

I hope you were able to understand. I find it perplexing that you can't.
spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 11:45 am
@JTT,
You don't understand the Dylan quote. There's no propaganda involved.

What is it you think I can't understand? Why do you keep blurting these empty assertions with no explanation for them. You devalue your own arguments by doing so because you grant permission to others to blurt a counter assertion. The valid one being measured by might and there is no might on A2K.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 01:02 pm
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
― Neal Stephenson
spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 03:14 pm
@vonny,
Too precious vonny. And incorrect as well.

It's terrible writing as well.
vonny

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 03:15 pm
@spendius,
I like it!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 03:17 pm
@spendius,
Be calm in arguing; for fierceness makes error a fault, and truth discourtesy.
George Herbert
spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 03:21 pm
@vonny,
That one's okay.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 07:09 pm
“The influential classes, and those who take upon themselves to be leaders of the people, are fully liable to all the passionate error that has ever characterized the maddest mob.”
― Nathaniel Hawthorne, The House of the Seven Gables
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 04:33 am
“The businessmen have corrupted liberty by trying to propose it as a material quality.”
― Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers
spendius

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 05:02 am
@edgarblythe,
He should know ed. He took plenty of their dough.
spendius

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 07:17 am
@spendius,
"We will make electricity so cheap that only the rich will burn candles."

Thomas Edison.
vonny

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 02:52 pm
@spendius,
When was the last time you spent a quiet moment just doing nothing - just sitting and looking at the sea, or watching the wind blowing the tree limbs, or waves rippling on a pond, a flickering candle or children playing in the park?
- Ralph Marston
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 05:32 pm
“Whatever you may be sure of, be sure of this, that you are dreadfully like other people.”
― James Russell Lowell
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 06:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
Charles Simic wrote:

Inside my empty bottle I was constructing a lighthouse while all others were making ships.

http://larmoyante.com/post/52743646926/inside-my-empty-bottle-i-was-constructing-a
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 05:06 am
“Democracy gives every man the right to be his own oppressor.”
― James Russell Lowell
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 08:09 am
"You know who else has a single-payer model? Vatican City. It covers everything but birth control because altar boys can't get pregnant. When altar boys start getting pregnant, it will cover birth control, too." -- Dan Savage
spendius

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 10:42 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
What a peculiar way of looking at things. Maybe he just gets aroused talking about altar boys. A lot of people seem to get a kick out of that sort of thing.

What's his evidence?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 11:20 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

What a peculiar way of looking at things. Maybe he just gets aroused talking about altar boys. A lot of people seem to get a kick out of that sort of thing.

What's his evidence?

One: You really don't know who Dan Savage is?! Razz
Two: You really don't know how to recognize a sarcastic statement without emoticons?! Surprised
Three: You've been living under a massive 100 ton boulder and haven't heard about the constant decades-long epidemic of Catholic Church sex abuse scandals highly publicized in every major newspaper across the globe for years and years?! Embarrassed

(((shakes head in doubt)))