Roberta

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 10:52 pm
The gypsies did it again! They are a powerful team.

I got to wondering whether this is a bit over the top for a game. Dangerous conditions. And the blind guy keeps worrying about injury and dying. Hey, that's the kind of game it is.

The country boys are doing well. The NY fireman are still in it.

It's an exciting show.

Next week, snow.
Irishk

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 09:05 am
@Roberta,
The camels were the stars again last night! Going to miss them as the expedition heads for the snow.

No Limits came in second...Fab 3 is fading a bit, though.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 10:13 am
Wow, you guys have to admit the challenges in this show are quite tough. Certainly tougher than those in Survivor or Amazing Race!

Lots of scope for contestants to injure themselves. Hope they have a medical team standing nearby. Those camels can really kick!

Really liking the show.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 11:11 pm
Will there be a situation in which the gypsies don't come in first? They're taking the suspense out of the whole thing. They are amazingly fit and capable.

My heroes the NY fireman helped another competitor. A nonelimination situation.

Of all the challenges presented so far that I wouldn't be able to do, this one was the one I could have done the least. Does that make sense? You know what I mean. Altitude. Me and the country boy. Can't breathe. I once made a business trip to Denver. They should have oxygen tanks at the airport for people like me.

Sidetracked. Sorry. The show continues to be exciting. And dangerous. 18 degrees. Snow. Mountains. What was a car doing in there? A product placement kinda thing?

Dem gypsies are unstoppable.

The team that came in second (don't remember what they're called) was tres impressive. Two sighted people and a blind person schlepping very capably over that terrain.
Irishk

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 08:34 am
@Roberta,
The Gypsies continue to dominate the competition, with No Limits (featuring Erik the blind guy) nipping at their heels. The preview for next week made it look like one of the Gypsies gets injured, though, so we'll see. Probably means they'll come in second instead of first LOL. No Limits has apparently climbed Everest Exclamation , so last night's challenge had to be a cake-walk for them.

Loved what the fire-fighter did for the girly team. They really are heroes.

In all that thin air, Chad from the Country Boys wasn't able to keep up his bragging lol...and I felt bad for his mule!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 02:11 pm
Wow, what a show yesterday!

You have to admit, the challenges are really challenging!

I was wondering if those last two teams were going to be stuck on the mountain in the dark, towards the end of the show!

I hope this show sticks around, because it's a winner. My only complaint is that I think the prize is a bit cheap. It should be at least a half a mil, comparing it to Survivor and Race.
Reyn

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:46 pm
@Reyn,
I'm a little surprised this show has not attracted more attention. It really is quite good.

The challenges are no pushover!

Perhaps some folks in general just don't watch any reality type shows?
Roberta

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 02:33 pm
@Reyn,
They don't really need challenges. Just getting over the terrain is a challenge.
Reyn

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 03:28 pm
@Roberta,
Well, I consider all that as part of the challenge. Smile
Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 11:19 pm
@Reyn,
So the gypsies made a wrong move and got lost. To make matters worse for them, an injury on the last stretch. Wonder how this will affect everything.

Disappointed that my heroes (the NY firefighters) are gone. Sigh. Gotta decide whom to root for now. It's always more fun when you're rooting for somebody.

So the turquoise team (sorry, I don't remember the name) came in first. And the sister didn't give a damn that her brother was sick. Warms the cockles of my heart.
Reyn

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 07:45 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
So the turquoise team (sorry, I don't remember the name) came in first. And the sister didn't give a damn that her brother was sick. Warms the cockles of my heart.

Fab 3, and, yes, that sister is a piece of work. Mad Mad

I continue to enjoy the show, but I still think the prize is cheap (compared to Survivor and Race) for the challenges they do.

$150,000, I seem to remember?
Irishk

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 08:36 am
@Reyn,
Last week, I jokingly said an injury would probably only make The Gypsies come in second instead of first ---- and it did LOL! They really are great competitors.

In this last episode, I also really appreciated the football guy recognizing the phenomenal athleticism of Erik, the blind contestant on No Limits (although they're struggling a bit as a team and next week Erik has to maneuver the rapids alone...eek!)

Hated to see the firefighters go...they're the good guys and what an adventure they had! Memories to last a lifetime.

Reyn -- I don't know the dollar amount of the prize...I think you're probably right, though, plus they each get the FORD that's been the character actor on the show.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 03:37 am
So the gypsies, with five functioning feet and legs, managed to come in first again.

I think the blind guy is nuts.

I was surprised and begrudgingly impressed at how the Fab 3 caught up after a very rough start.

I was kinda stunned and uncomfortable at the reading skills of the fishermen.

I'm wondering if the whole rest of the show will be rapids and mountains.

Did I mention that I think the blind guy is nuts?

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 03:50 am
@Roberta,
This received NO intros from our local newspapers or cable news. Im gonna have to catch up. It spunds interesting and less contrived than Survivor.

It looks like, from your descriptions that its urbans v rurals .
Reyn

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:07 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

... It spunds interesting and less contrived than Survivor.

It looks like, from your descriptions that its urbans v rurals .

Well, one thing for sure, the challenges are a lot more challenging than Survivor or Amazing Race, and the prize for both of those are $1 million.

The prize for Expedition Impossible is $150,000, would you believe?

One could easily get hurt (and do) in this show.

While I still enjoy Survivor, this new show is really good competition.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:59 am
@farmerman,
Comparing it to Survivor is apples and oranges, IMO. It's more like The Amazing Race, minus the airports and taxis.
Reyn

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 12:41 pm
@Irishk,
You're right, it is different. They don't have food restrictions and there isn't the behind-the-scene coniving going on.

But the challenges for EI are a lot tougher, than AM, wouldn't you say? One can't really compare that either.

I know what you mean though. Wink

I like them all.
Irishk

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 02:06 pm
@Reyn,
Definitely better physical challenges on EI, although I'd like to see more uniformity of the teams -- maybe having them all be outstanding athletes (not necessarily pros, though). Pitting a group like the fishermen against a group like the gypsies (younger and more experienced) isn't really my idea of a great competition. The No Limits team is older than the gypsies, but a better athletic match-up even with Erik's handicap. I enjoy the show, but I think we all know who'll be in the top 2 or 3 at the end.
Reyn

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:51 pm
@Irishk,
Yes, indeed.

Do you think this show will stick around for a while? I hope it's not just a summer flash-in-the-pan thing.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:00 pm
@Irishk,
Irish, I have a feeling that the producers thought that things would be more even. That resourceful and determination might have been more significant. I think that fitness and experience are the key elements here. It's usually hard to figure out who will end up in the top three in the Amazing Race. I think we know who will be the contenders here.

And there's no "game play" in this race. Just racing. No maneuvering. No tricking. No nuttin'.

I like it because it's such a challenge. It's really that simple.
0 Replies