Obama care 2011

wts

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 08:47 pm
Now that no one except the American public read the healthcare bill, what are your thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,605 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 08:55 pm
@wts,
I'm thankful that I am now able to get health insurance coverage because the insurance companies are no longer allowed to deny me coverage due to pre-existing conditions.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 08:43 am
@Butrflynet,
But they can still raise the rates so you cant afford insurance. My ins. co. is getting there.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 10:19 am
@RABEL222,
But I at least have the opportunity. Didn't have that before Obama's health care/insurance industry reforms. It didn't matter whether or not I could afford it. I was just automatically refused if I check marked certain conditions/surgeries that have had no effect on my current health for decades.

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 10:56 am
@wts,
wts wrote:

Now that no one except the American public read the healthcare bill, what are your thoughts?

Obamacare is an American travesty.

When questioned about it, Pelosi said we had to pass it before we could find out what was in it... the Obama regime
did not want anyone outside of the regime to read it because it had nothing to do with improving US healthcare.

America will be a healthier nation as soon as Obamacare is put to death (kill it with fire) and removed from out history.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 11:11 am
@Butrflynet,
Rather worthless opportunity if you need coverage and can't afford it. The bill was a step in the right direction but without placing premium limits or increase percentage limits, it essentially still keeps most uncovered.

I haven't seen one of the slap-themselves-on-the-back politicians express outrage at the speed with which the premiums are increasing. Then again, why should they as they have coverage. The worthlessness of the bill was spotlighted these last few years as Social Security screwed millions with a freeze; but, this oh so grand and noble healthcare plan hasn't anything in to protect the seniors that are paying premiums and while the Medicare monthly PartB deduct didn't increase (by law it can't) seniors found premium increases in some cases of more than 20% when they were fortunate enough to have insurance. It had already been happening with the part D (prescriptions) which was easier to get than full insurance so the warning sign was already up; but, hey why should a lifetime pol care about that? They can pull out their sacks of lies at election time and then proceed to lie and hoodwink the masses once again.

The bill needs to be tinkered with and I don't see any of the Health care bill pushers making any moves towards doing so.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 12:30 pm
@Sturgis,
As long as the house remains republican what are the chances that they will tinker with health care with the common man in mind. At least Obama started health care reform but even his democrat congress screwed the common man and helped the private health industry by not putting the necessary limits on it. Just as they did for the banks they, congress both dems and repubs, bailed out private business but left the common man swinging in the wind.
0 Replies

ryoung

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 04:15 pm
@H2O MAN,
double ditto what you said
0 Replies