Butrflynet

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 03:18 pm
@sozobe,
Deval Patrick would make a great VP for Obama and would be a great nominee for president when the term is up.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 04:28 pm
@Krumple,
When Bush let his puppetmaster VP push through the "Energy Policy" that relieves the oil and gas drillers from complying with Clean Water, Clean Air, Toxic Substances , and Suprefund and jeapordize the health aand environment for the enrichment of the fewANDS Obama , as the titular leader of the DEMS , hasnt doe shot to reverse this, yeh hes a wuss.

SOAZ-They are only four votes shy of repealing The HEalth CAre Act and Obama wont ne able to veto if it attains the magic numebr----yeh hes a wuss.

The fact is that we are still spending blood and majopr treasure on the Mid East adventures is a joke. We could be diverting the treasure to fix our infrastructure at public investment which would stimulate everything from Cosulting engineering to steel making
farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 04:29 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
He is the most flexible and pragmatic person in government today.
Indecison is the mother of flexibility
ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 04:40 pm
@farmerman,
Agree.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 04:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Thinking noodles.

Okay, Obama just doesn't agree with me. But he is a player, fixing.

This is all too bad as I might next pick someone more adamant re my own views and then find him or her edging up to insane, which I do not want either.

Oh, wait..
are we going to bomb Iran somehow? Or have Israel do it?
I'm pretty unhappy on all this and I think Hillary is potentially more of a problem.
roger

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:14 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

This is all too bad as I might next pick someone more adamant re my own views and then find him or her edging up to insane, which I do not want either.

That pretty well articulates my own feeling - from a different perspective, of course, but the same type of worry.
wandeljw

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:18 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
He is the most flexible and pragmatic person in government today.
Indecison is the mother of flexibility

Obama is very decisive and wise enough to try something different when the first method isn't working. Your impatience is with the political process itself, farmerman.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:19 pm
@sozobe,
I think Hillary is a sure thing and I'm never sure with politics. Soz, wanna bet a pack of seeds I'm right and she'll be VP? You have to remember the bet- my aging brain will probably forget by next year.
farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:21 pm
@Green Witch,
Im a baaaaad boy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:28 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
Obama is very decisive and wise enough to try something different when the first method isn't working. Your impatience is with the political process itself, farmerman
However, the political process is very unforgiving to what appears to be indecision.

Why didnt Obama come out with all his might to shut down the douche bags who were calling aspects of the health care Act, "DEath Panels"?? He was aloof and appearing indecisive.

He is appearing to be what Winston Churchill had said of us
"We can count on the AMericans to always do the right thing...After they exhaust all other possibilities"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 06:19 pm
@roger,
Yeh.

You and I can talk. If only we could hear, think of the conversation.
Flying burrito brothers..
That's enough of that.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 06:24 pm
@Green Witch,
Oh yay I'm getting seeds! Wink

I think that Secretary of State was his gesture (and it was a big one), I don't really think he'd top it with VP.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 06:28 pm
@wandeljw,
I think he is tip tapping.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 07:57 pm
I'll add here quietly that a friend conceded in a congressional race a couple of weeks ago, re the jane harman seat.
From my view it's too bad, she's a very honest person.

Debra Bowen, sec of state for california.
firefly

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 09:59 pm
@farmerman,
Well, I wanted Hillary the last time around. But, I think that, in 2012, she might have her sights set on something else.

Exclusive: Clinton in talks about possible move to World Bank
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/09/us-obama-clinton-worldbank-idUSTRE7586P720110609
ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 10:46 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll add to this. Debra is both honest and smart - well regarded by both parties. It makes me nutso that she wasn't picked. I won't claim her as a friend, even though I said that, though I do know her; my ex was more in the local circle.

When I knew her, she didn't have big political designs, quite the opposite and I'm guessing that is still true, as her way. She started out as republican and has a highly analytic mode (see the matter of voting machines). She moved to dem before I knew her.

If there is any woman I want to see keep going in U S government, it's Debra Bowen.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 12:49 am
@firefly,
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-09/clinton-aide-denies-u-s-secretary-of-state-seeking-world-bank-presidency.html

Excerpts:

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton isn’t seeking the presidency of the World Bank, according to one of her top aides.

“It’s completely untrue. Reuters is 100 percent wrong,” Philippe Reines, Clinton’s chief of strategic communications and a deputy assistant secretary of state, said in an e-mail.

The report by Reuters today said the top U.S. diplomat has been in discussions with the White House about moving to head the World Bank next year. World Bank President Robert Zoellick’s term ends in the middle of 2012.

The White House refused to comment on the reports. Reines said in a second e-mail that Clinton “has not had any conversations with the president, the White House or anyone about moving to the World Bank.”
‘Absolutely No Interest’

He added that Clinton has “expressed absolutely no interest in the job” and “would not take it if offered.”
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 5 May, 2014 04:57 pm
@farmerman,
I want Hillary to run in 2016.

Does anyone other than politicians and political talk show hosts care about Benghazi? Anyone? Yet another committee to investigate how Hillary Clinton is somehow personally responsible and you should definitely vote for her opponent in 2016. I say we have hearings to investigate invading Iraq on false evidence. Nah. That would be stupid, especially since Bush can't run again and we already know the answer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 May, 2014 05:03 pm
Bernie Sanders. Elizabeth Warren. Then Hillary Clinton.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 May, 2014 05:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Me too, but at this point I'd have to do some rereading. I still have things I like about Obama, emphasis on his (non-perfect) reluctance to hurl us into war, but I don't think Hillary would speak better for me. Maybe I'm wrong on that.

What's her take on drone assassination?
I can guess, and I think drone assassination is both stupid and vile.