This is pure laziness....

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 01:44 pm
POLL RESULTS: 11% OF AMERICANS HAVE THROWN OUT A DISH JUST BECAUSE THEY "DIDN'T WANT TO WASH IT."

thank you, Uncle John's Bathroom Reader.

Tell the truth...have you done anything like this???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,944 • Replies: 26
No top replies

fishin

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 01:46 pm
Sure. Well, if Gladware counts as a "dish" I have any way... Smile
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 02:01 pm
I've gone and bought new clothes for the night because I was too lazy to do laundry.

I've dumped girls because...nevermind.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 02:05 pm
Makes sense to me . . . why do laundry when you can just buy more clothes . . .
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 02:08 pm
I've thrown away dishes, not because I didn't want to wash them, but because I wanted room in the cupboards for new dishes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 02:08 pm
No, I haven't.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 02:15 pm
At my time in the (German) navy in 1970, we had a kind of 'hard-plastic dishes" on board, besides the porcellaine ones.

It happened - wonder why? :wink: - that mostly we lower grades had to eat 'from plastic' (and some were even in an awful green colour!) , while porcellaine was just for officers and warrant officers and stayed in it's place.

The pantry, where we had to do the washing up, had a bulkhead towards the waterside.
A common saying on 'MSC WETZLAR' was:
"Flying saucers after lunch: Walter is on pantry duty."

Guess why this Laughing
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 02:18 pm
LOL!
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 02:37 pm
hahahah. colorbook - i've tossed dishes to make room for new also. mugs, cups, whatever!!! out with the old, in with the new!!!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 02:41 pm
I've tossed out pots and pans that were too much trouble to clean... never any "good" ones.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 02:59 pm
When I was a kid and rebelled against the whole concept against dishwashing being my 'job' because I'd been born female.
Sometimes, when my brothers would deliberately wait until I was just about finished with a mound of dishes before slipping another plate or glass into the water with a snicker, I'd throw it into the garbage instead (behind my mother's back, of course) cause I was just so pissed. I'm getting pissed right now remembering that!
Mad
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 04:11 pm
put exceptionally dirty baking ware with baked on stuff in an oven and turn up to self clean. pOOF GONE (the baked on junk) My wife has aome kind of problem with this
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 04:21 pm
Of course. I ascribe to the practice, if you haven't worn it or eaten it in over a year, throw it out. You know that stuff you sometimes pull out of the fridge and you don't know WHAT it is? Toss it and the dish it rode in on!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 04:23 pm
I heard THAT, kirsten! I've tossed a few science projects myself!! Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 04:43 pm
I found a science project in one of my good Dansk pots the other day. I scrubbed that sucker out. If it had any other pot, it woulda been garrrrrbahhhhhge.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 05:22 pm
I've thrown a dish or two in my life, but not because they were dirty. I've tossed them in a fit of anger at someone who deserved to have a shard of pottery thrown through their stupid brains.
I am now reformed and I take a walk before letting my temper get the better of me.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 08:16 pm
eoe -- your brothers were stinkers!
fman -- that really works? hmmmm.

Yep, science projects and burned on stuff. There's a good reason to never buy really expensive pots.

<sigh> Ceili, I don't think I've ever thrown a dish. I don't know why, it's not like I haven't been provoked beyond all understanding! I have tossed pans into the pan cupboard just for the horrendous racket that makes. Very Happy
0 Replies

beebo

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 08:50 pm
absolutely. Probably not a dish that I used- but if my husband left it there... I have a bunch of dishes I would like to throw out. We really only use the first three or four on top. Do we really need the rest of them?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 09:01 pm
I threw out a pot just recently, but not because it was dirty. I had to use it to boil water for a week or two in between the death of my old kettle and the purchase of a new one. When I saw the inside of appearing to deteriorate, I wondered what was getting in my water/food that I'd be ingesting.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 09:50 pm
ewwwwww -- Boilers get some kind of sediment from the water sometimes... that could be what was in there... maybe?
0 Replies