RexRed

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 01:32 pm
@Brandon9000,
You have an insulting demeanor smarty pants...

"Well, if you'd bothered to actually check out the literature"

Figure it out yourself Brandon...

I am not even going to bother to read the rest of your post.
RexRed

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 01:36 pm
Light: Particle or a Wave?
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/lightandcolor/particleorwave.html

or both?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 01:38 pm
@RexRed,
Not my intention to be insulting, however, you're coming up with physics theories without, apparently, knowing physics at all, and you're talking about wave particle duality without even Googling it for a moment. What's next, theories about brain surgery without five minutes of research?
RexRed

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 01:47 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Not my intention to be insulting, however, you're coming up with physics theories without, apparently, knowing physics at all, and you're talking about wave particle duality without even Googling it for a moment. What's next, theories about brain surgery without five minutes of research?

I'm 51 years old and had a b+ in high school chemistry and A's in Euclidean geometry do I seem like a person who does not study? If so you are wrong. ...and my science education did not stop at high school either.

Ask George on this forum if I do my study. He won't even post in my energy topic anymore because of the BIG fool he made of himself trying to do the same thing to me.

And is that not what theories are? Theoretical? I will compare my broad knowledge of science to anyone who wants to try.

I am not critically learned in all subjects but have a cursory working knowledge and scope in most fields of science.

Atoms make chemistry and chemistry makes biology...

And it would seem theoretical that biology has borrowed attributes from atoms...

That is pretty much what I said and you freaked out on me, so whatever...

I'm stupid and you're smart, feel better?

I was searching Google for sting theories online over 15 years ago...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 02:07 pm
I don't want to push you away from this discussion Brandon but I also don't want to engage in an another tit for tat argument over who is more educated.

Keep to the subjects and we will get a long fine. My "theories" are generally not written in stone...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 04:19 pm
What I was taught in school is that photons have only one nature. It's our attempts to make analogies to objects in our experience which creates the impression that the they have a dual nature.

If you have a source for the idea that light is the parent of matter or matter takes on the properties of light, please post a link.
RexRed

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 07:43 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

What I was taught in school is that photons have only one nature. It's our attempts to make analogies to objects in our experience which creates the impression that the they have a dual nature.

If you have a source for the idea that light is the parent of matter or matter takes on the properties of light, please post a link.

Nature? I am not talking about a photon's nature I am talking about their apparent properties.

lol

Here is your link:

E=mc2

All matter/mass is made of energy (including biology).
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 07:47 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

...how can light be both a wave and a particle at the same time?

It has only one nature. Our comparison to macroscopic particles and macroscopic waves create the illusion of duality because they aren't very good comparisons.
0 Replies