First Look: Samsung Series 9 X900 challenges MacBook Air

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 02:57 am
When you carry the Samsung Series 9 laptop under your arm, you’ll look like you’re toting a thin black portfolio. Samsung’s new 13-inch offering sports an innovative design that uses curves and metal to make it look unusually sleek.

We'll be posting full Ratings (available to subscribers) of this laptop, along with other new models, next week. Meanwhile, here are my first impressions of the Series 9 X900.

Constructed of an aluminum alloy, the Series 9 is very thin and light: It weighs in at 2.9 pounds, the same weight as the MacBook Air. The brushed metal on the laptop's cover adds to its stylish appearance. One problem with the metal case, however, is fingerprints, which show up both inside and out.

For a 13-inch laptop, the Series 9X900 has a decent number of ports, including HDMI, a memory-card slot, and two USB ports. You won't see them at first glance, however; they’re hidden in clever compartments that close up when not in use.

The backlit keyboard is comfortable to use, with good tactile feedback from the keys and a large wrist-rest area. The multitouch touchpad has mouse buttons built in, resulting in a large touch area.

Other specs of this laptop include a 128GB solid-state hard drive, 4GB of memory, a high-def webcam, and a Core i5 processor.

The Samsung Series 9 X900 is the only Windows laptop I’ve seen that comes close to challenging the Apple MacBook Air: It’s thin, it’s light, and it looks great. But at $1,600, it costs $300 more than the Air. That price might make you think twice.
http://news.consumerreports.org/electronics/2011/05/first-look-samsung-series-9-x900.html
===========
I think Samsung laptop is the best...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,438 • Replies: 0
No top replies