Dr. Phil TV show and a case of maritial "rape".

BillRM

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 12:18 pm
Did anyone see the Doctor Phil show last Friday where a woman drag her husband on the show declaring he had raped her four/five years ago?

I was in the gym on a treadmill at the time and was just reading the words on the screen so if anyone have any correction to the details please do so.

In any case, from my understanding no force at all was used in this “rape” she just gave in to him insisting that they had sex before or just after she had some medical procedure and for the last four/five years she is not even allowing him to hold her hands without asking her first.

Dr. Phil told her she needed to heal first before she can decide if she will find it in her heart to forgive him and go on with this marriage.

Lord from my understanding what he did was outrageous and not a gentlemanly thing to do however it is not rape in any sane meaning of the term beside being a one time event and the only thing I do not understand is why he had not file for divorce himself after being under her thumb over this for all those years.

Second why he allowed her to drag him on a national talk show where the good doctor could label him a low down rapist.

We live in a strange world.

Once more I was not in an ideal situation to follow this story so if I got any of the details wrong I would like to know.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,574 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ryoung

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 07:25 pm
@BillRM,
Some people just want attention no matter how they get it. That lady sounds like a control freak and this is just another way to humiliate her husband. Shame on him for allowing that to go on for so long.
BillRM

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 07:39 pm
@ryoung,
Quote:
That lady sounds like a control freak and this is just another way to humiliate her husband. Shame on him for allowing that to go on for so long.

As I said I was not in an ideal environment to follow the program but my reaction for what I did follow would be that I would had divorce her long ago.

I check out the Dr. Phil website to see if I had misunderstood the situation and that does not seem to be the case.

His website discussions boards seem to go toward not supporting labeling the husband a rapist either.

She seem to be a drama queen of the first order.

engineer

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 08:23 pm
@BillRM,
Didn't see the show (Phil is a quack is ever there was one) but from what you describe, she consented even though not in the mood. Spouses occasionally do that for each other.
0 Replies

ryoung

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 08:29 pm
@BillRM,
Iv'e watch about 5 minutes of dr phil once, and never will again, looked like a jerry springer show only no fighting the host gives advice and they.
0 Replies