can isiah thomas and LARRY BROWN save the knicks?

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 07:12 am
@patiodog,

i haven't lost sleep because of them since they traded ewing...

R(attending the important part, in the morning)P
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 07:17 am
@wandeljw,

i've been enjoying it.
i'd lost interest in the sport after that brawl in detroit, but now i'm all in...

it's an amazing combo platter of the bulls playing over their heads, and the C's not playing as well as they can...

thinkin' bench play will be key tomorrow night...

not sure what they can do to top last night's...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 07:50 am

finally got past those pesky bulls!
eddie house finally showed up, was the difference.

looked like both teams were doggin' it last night.
not much recoup time -- game one against orlando is tomorrow night...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 02:59 pm

Magic fan angry at 'raging' Davis

Orlando Magic fan Ernest Provetti, whose son, 12-year-old Nicholas, was nearly run over by Glen Davis after his buzzer-beating, game-winning shot last night, is demanding an apology from the Celtics forward.

According to a report at Orlando Sentinel.com, Provetti sent an e-mail to the NBA League office this morning, saying that Davis crossed the line and embarrassed his son. Provetti said his son had to dive into his courtside seat to get out of the way, though that does not appear to be the case in the video.

In the e-mail, Provetti said Davis conducted himself like a "raging animal with no regard for fans' personal safety."

In a telephone interview with the Sentinel, Provetti said, "How do you like to be a 12-year-old and see a raging lunatic coming at you?"

He said noted that Davis should never have been so close to the fans in the front row.

"The NBA makes it clear [that players are not to] cross the sideline. If I cross that line, the NBA will take away my tickets. It's a double standard."
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/05/magic_fan_angry.html

Laughing
will players have to start apologizing to the people they land on when they dive into the stands to save a ball from going out of bounds?
what a crocka shite...
panzade

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 03:00 pm
@Region Philbis,
that's it....the Magic are doomed in this series..
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 06:01 pm
@Region Philbis,
Wait -- so the complaint is that the kid in the front row seat had to, like, return to his seat to be safe? What a novel idea...
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 05:37 am
@patiodog,

watch the video (i've watched it a few times .Mr. Green ) --

davis' momentum is carrying him toward the sideline.
as he turns a referee is in his way, so he passes him on the crowd-side, and inadvertantly pushes the kid on the way by.

the guy just hit a playoff game-winner -- biggest shot of his career.
he's pumped.
no way he can fully control himself at that moment...
patiodog

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:30 am
@Region Philbis,
Yeah, I've seen it. I suppose he could have NOT pushed the kid and just run him over. It's a courtside seat, ffs: you paid a lot of money to be close to the action, now shut up.

Wish I'd watched that last Lakers-Rockets game...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 08:59 am
I saw the clip last night...tempest in a teapot...
on the other hand Mavs-Nuggets was an awesome game...Dirk N is a prime time player
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 10:21 am

the lakers totally let their gaurd down after the yao injury...

wazzop with mark cuban vs. kenyon martin??
sounds like they're both ready for the WWE...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 05:42 am

the C's played possum for 40+ minutes last night.
tough way to go about it, but they cranked it up when they hadda.
orlando did their part, all but vanishing in the 4th quarter.
marberry was a major contributor with 12 2nd half points...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 05:00 am

separated at birth??

http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/goonies_sloth.jpg ... http://nbcsportsmedia.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/061218/061218_georgeKarl_vsmall.widec.jpg
patiodog

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 05:42 am
@Region Philbis,
What, no Celtics any more so you have to turn brat?

Insulting Sloth like that.

Sheesh.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 07:44 am
@patiodog,

turn brat?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 09:05 am
I'll bet Larry Stern is pooping in his pants...afraid he's gonna have a Denver-Orlando final
patiodog

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 05:47 pm
@panzade,
Not to worry, panz. Even if it takes the sort of officiating the Lake show got against the Kings in the Conf finals a few years back, old D Stern will get his superstar matchup.

Frankly, I'd like to see a Cleveland-Denver finals -- Mr James and his sometimes overachievers trying to make up for Ilgauskas's hopelessly slow feet against the relentless Denver front line.

Looking like the least likely matchup right now.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 02:29 pm
@patiodog,

LBJ did his thing last night.
tonight it's denver's turn to hopefully stave off elimination...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 08:59 am

it's been a while since i didn't want EITHER team in the finals to win.
obama sez lakers in 6.
as much as i'd hate to see jackson tie auerbach, i guess i'd still be less angry if the lakers beat orlando...

go lakers!
panzade

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 05:17 pm
@Region Philbis,
gotta root for the dawg and a Flo-rida team
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 05:28 am
@panzade,

after reading what this laker punk had to say, am contemplating switching sides...
Quote:
Sasha Vujacic is comfortable wearing green again with his Lakers back in the NBA Finals.

The reserve guard was so upset last season when the Celtics beat his team in the Finals that he vowed not to wear green. But shortly after the Celtics were eliminated in the second round last month by the Magic, Vujacic began wearing green again, to the amusement of his teammates. While Vujacic said he was disappointed that the Lakers won't get a chance for payback against the Celtics, he believes the Finals experience from last year will help against Orlando, beginning with Game 1 tonight at Staples Center.

"Everybody wanted the rematch," said Vujacic yesterday after practice. "We wanted to play the Celtics no matter what. You can't pick your opponent in the Finals and they were not good enough to make it this year. Orlando plays smart, plays good basketball, and they deserve to be in the Finals. The best team in the East and the best team from the West, that's what we are looking at right now.

"The green thing is done. Everyone wanted the rematch and was talking about Lakers-Celtics again, back to back. We've just got to win it first, but I don't like green anyway. I did wear [green] on one of the [recent] road trips. [The Celtics] were eliminated, so I didn't care."
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2009/06/04/like_magic_lakers_dream_matchup_disappeared/
0 Replies