Design the best two perfectly balanced all-time basketball teams you can...

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 09:52 pm
When asked to create your all time roster most people just make a list of the players they think are the best and that's that. Which is fine but trying to balance two teams so that it is impossible to predict who wins, and with thought into how the pieces fit together is something that might be more interesting.

So with that in mind, design two teams (10 players each) that are so well balanced and constructed that nobody will be able to argue who would win between them.

I will work on my first draft of them to post soon.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,818 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 08:25 am
@Robert Gentel,
How interesting. I may be back but I would throw out putting Larry Bird on one side and Magic Johnson on the other, as they really were well-matched for a long time there.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 04:19 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Here's my first try, it revolved around my version of the dream team (Team Red) which is mainly a small-ball unit of scrappy defense balanced with some shooting and scoring from the bench. The other team (Blue) is the best one I could come up with in my first try of the remaining players while trying to balance the benches a bit.

Team Red

Starters

John Stockton
Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Dennis Rodman
Hakeem Olajuwon

Bench

Gary Payton
Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Kevin Garnett