Texas passes voter ID law

BillRM

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 08:04 pm
@panzade,
Odd claims about my voting posts up or down on this thread but whatever strange things you wish to believe be my guest.

But once more we all know that blocking a few illegal votes are not the purpose of these laws.

The purpose is to block as many as possible legal voters from voting for the wrong party.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 08:24 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Wouldn't you continue by saying the most flagrant example of modern voting fraud was the 1960 election where corruption in Chicago and West Virginia delivered the presidency to the Democrats?
That is a myth propagated by those that want to believe it.
Even if You give Ill and West Virginia to Nixon, Kennedy still wins the electoral vote.
Kennedy won 303 - 217 in the electoral vote count.

parados

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 08:26 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Same factual support as you offer. Can you cash a check without ID? Get a job, receive unemployment compensation, draw social security benefits - and yes, you have to identify yourself to draw social security? And yeah, the country is crawling with people turning down benefits because it is too much trouble to get state issued ID.

Can you get a state ID without paying for it?

If you have to pay for the state ID in order to vote than it becomes a poll tax which is illegal.
panzade

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 08:27 pm
@parados,
There goes that erroneous belief. Very Happy
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 08:33 pm
@parados,
Roger quote with more misinformation.

Quote:
draw social security benefits - and yes, you have to identify yourself to draw social security?

Well Roger I am drawing SS retirement benefits by applying over the phone and I did not need to show any ID or mail any ID to them.

They just check their data base and that was it, so yes you can indeed draw SS benefits without ID.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 08:35 pm
@parados,
I just looked up Florida's ID card and it looks like they raised the price from $3 to $25.
Looks very similar to a poll tax.
gungasnake

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 03:54 am
Check this out:

Florida Senate 70% Republican:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Senate

Florida House 67% Republican:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_House_of_Representatives

That likely hasn't changed much since the 2000 election.

NOW, try asking yourself how Algor could have even come close to winning in a state whose legislature is so overwhelmingly Republican...

The answer is obvious enough: FRAUD. The basic reality is that dems can manufacture all the votes they want and pubbies will still win their own districts, hence the pubbie domination of the state legislature; vote manufacturing only becomes a major factor in national elections.

In 2000, W. was up by somethin glike 60K votes with 20 minutes before polls closed and Algor called up to concede and then, POOF, by magic, the vote equalized over those last 20 minutes. I.E. somebody simply manufactured the number of votes they thought they needed and spread them around, and simply missed his tally by a few hundred.

They actually found one of those voting machines in the trunk of some dem operative's car. That is the political equivalent of you or I driving around with a neutron bomb in the trunk of our cars and the story simply vanished from the news.

Moreover the dems were trying to count "dimpled chads(TM)" in the recounts. Limbaugh and others after much experimenting (and after obtaining one of the florida ballot-punch machines legitimately) found that the ONLY way they could produce dimpled chads was by trying to punch 20 or 30 ballots at one time. I.E. dimpled chads were artifacts of vote manufacturing and fraud.

In other words, yeah, there was massive fraud in the Florida election in 2000, and it was all demoKKKrat fraud. The demoKKKrat party has outlived any useful purpose it might have ever served; it needs to be outlawed and banned.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 03:58 am
@panzade,
Quote:
I just looked up Florida's ID card and it looks like they raised the price from $3 to $25.

Let's hear it for Poll Taxes: Hip Hip, HURRAH!!! Hip Hip, HURRAH!!! Hip Hip, HURRAH!!! Hip Hip, HURRAH!!! ......

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 04:04 am
Oh, yeah, the question of why anybody was using punch-cards for voting as late as 2000 AD in Florida... The demoKKKrat version:

Quote:
"Oh, sniff, sob, those POOR, oppressed Negroes in South Florida could not afford any more modern technology...

BULLSHIT!! There are grocery stores, banks, hotels, motels, and every other kind of business in those same areas and NOBODY was using punch cards for any of those businesses in 2000 AD. Punch cards were still being used because they are highly adaptable to fraud and demoKKKrats had insisted on them to that point. Apparently Republicans figured that one out after the 2000 election and the practice was stopped.
BillRM

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 04:19 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
BULLSHIT!! There are grocery stores, banks, hotels, motels, and every other kind of business in those same areas and NOBODY was using punch cards for any of those businesses in 2000 AD. Punch cards were still being used because they are highly adaptable to fraud and demoKKKrats had insisted on them to that point. Apparently Republicans figured that one out after the 2000 election and the practice was stopped.

Unlike the electronic ones with no paper trail that a company own by a GOP supporter was selling?

Where the program to count the votes and control the voting machines was a damn trade secret?

We are now using a paper ballot and a scanner system that is harder for the GOP to fool with at least in Florida.

Those electronic voting machines was a good try however....too bad the people did not buy into a no paper trail system or there would had likely never been a time when the GOP would be voted out of power.

So now you need to go back to chipping around the edges in trying to find means to reduce the Democratic vote.

This charge of voter fraud aim at democrats kind of remind me of the questioning the right and citizenship for no valid reason of the democrat who was born in a US state and overlooking any question of the Republican candidate who was born on foreign soil right to run for president.

Or when we had a damn war hero who had been in harm way many times and then we had a man who was flying over the skies of Texas and the GOP had the nerve to question the war hero military record.

Amazing the nonsense you guys get away with.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 05:11 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
POOR, oppressed Negroes in South Florida could not afford any more modern technology...

It must burn you everyday you get up that a damn black man is living in the White House as President the same White House who very first occupant was a large scale slave holder.

How many copies of the Turner Diaries do you own my racist freind?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 05:21 am
@BillRM,
You and Obama are racist friends, this explains your ignorance.
BillRM

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 05:32 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
You and Obama are racist friends, this explains your ignorance.

Hell all blacks are ignorance along with all whites who do not help to keep blacks in their place at the back of the bus.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 06:47 am
@BillRM,

Wasn't it your racist community organizer that recently said something about having republicans ride in the back of the bus?

You and your racists friend Obama should be kicked to the curb, neither of you have a place on the bus.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 07:43 am
@BillRM,
I could name several blacks off the top of my head who I'd be thrilled to see in the white house. Bork Obunga of course is not one of them.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 08:35 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

And the minute someone can't vote because they can't afford the card, it becomes illegal under the US Constitution.
panzade

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 08:40 am
@parados,
OK...then let's go to plan B
If photo IDs become a requirement to vote, the states must provide one free of charge.
Would that work?
parados

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 08:45 am
@panzade,
Florida seems to cover it this way by not denying voting if you don't have a valid ID.
Quote:
If the elector fails to furnish the required identification, the elector shall be allowed to vote a provisional ballot. The canvassing board shall determine the validity of the ballot by determining whether the elector is entitled to vote at the precinct where the ballot was cast and that the elector had not already cast a ballot in the election.

It appears most states get around the poll tax issue by allowing an affidavit if the person is unable to show an ID.
http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=16602#in
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 08:47 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

OK...then let's go to plan B
If photo IDs become a requirement to vote, the states must provide one free of charge.
Would that work?

It depends on the burden put in place to acquire that "free" ID.
If a person has to spend $50 to get documents to get a "free" ID then no, it shouldn't meet the Constitutional requirement of no poll tax.
mysteryman

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 09:56 am
@BillRM,
Bill,
You keep saying that a voter ID law will only affect the lower class, that it will disenfranchise them because of the burdens of getting an ID, etc.

Lets look at that "burden" for a minute.

http://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/id-cards.php

Quote:
The basic procedure is similar to obtaining a driver license, but without any testing requirements. Furthermore, there are no age restrictions. Any Texas resident can get one as long as they can provide proof of identity. Make sure you present proof of a physical address. The state may not issue you an ID card if you use a P.O. Box as an address.

Quote:
The fee for a Texas ID card is $16 for those under 60; this card expires every six years. In most cases, you may renew your ID card online for an additional $1 service charge. Those 60 and over get a break―an ID card costs only $6 and never needs to be renewed.

And on this site...

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/identificationrequirements.htm

We see what kinds of documents can be used to establish ID...

So, $16 every 6 years, and 1 of several different forms of supporting documentation can get you a picture ID in Texas.
How is that a burden to anyone?
Or are you just using that as an excuse to oppose the law?