Prove your own free will!

Pasture Timmy

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 11:31 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
God created the world as a "test"

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)

Saul was a cruel bounty hunter...
...he later changed his name to Paul and became a Christian himself, so if he can see the light, so can others.

I was always a rebellious sort so it was easy for me to reject the stupid world, but for others it might not be so easy.
And don't forget Satan is on the prowl injecting poison into our minds to try to sabotage our efforts...
Are those who pass their test, somehow better than those who fail their test?

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 11:26 am
Quote:
Pasture Timmy wrote: Are those who pass their test, somehow better than those who fail their test?

If somebody wants to be Jesus's pal, then they pass the test!
He was a nice guy so who the heck wouldn't want to be his pal?
Heaven will only be full of Jesus's pals. People who don't like him will never get in or it'd be a case of "oops there goes the neighbourhood"..Smile

"You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends"- (John 15:15)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jesus-friends.gif
Pasture Timmy

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 06:55 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
God created the world as a "test"

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)

If somebody wants to be Jesus's pal, then they pass the test!

OK, but in your opinion, are those who pass their test, somehow better than those who fail their test?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 11:34 am
Quote:
Pasture Timmy said: OK, but in your opinion, are those who pass their test, somehow better than those who fail their test?

Of course! Jesus-rejecters bore me!
The bible calls them some real bad things-
"dogs, pigs. " (Matt 7:6)
"weeds" (Matt 13:38 )
"brute beasts," (2 Peter 2:12)
"heathens" (Jeremiah 10:2)
"fools" (Psalm 94:8 )
"liars" (1 John 2:22/23)
"defiled" (Titus 1:15)
"filthy" (Rev 22:11)

PS- oddball religious cultists also bore me (Mormons/JW's/Pentecostalists/Baptists/Catholics/Rapturists/Fatalists etc) and I swear to God that if they're going to be in heaven I don't want to go..Smile

Pasture Timmy

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 01:11 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Pasture Timmy wrote:
...in your opinion, are those who pass their test, somehow better than those who fail their test?
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Of course!

Did God create some people better than others?

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
PS- oddball religious cultists also bore me (Mormons/JW's/Pentecostalists/Baptists/Catholics/Rapturists/Fatalists etc) and I swear to God that if they're going to be in heaven I don't want to go..Smile

Ha... I wouldn't want to go to heaven if any of the three "Jesus/God/Holy Ghost" were there :-)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 05:10 pm
Quote:
Pasture Timmy said: Did God create some people better than others?
Ha... I wouldn't want to go to heaven if any of the three "Jesus/God/Holy Ghost" were there :-)

God created everybody equal, but if some reject his son they make themselves less than equal..Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 05:11 pm
Quote:

God created everybody equal, but if some reject his son they make themselves less than equal and will get turned into beefburgers-
"They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed.." (2 Peter 2:12)
"Who is it that beats the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God" (1 John 5:5)

so get on the winning side..Smile
Pasture Timmy

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 06:54 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:

God created everybody equal, but if some reject his son they make themselves less than equal and will get turned into beefburgers-

Since everybody is created equal, it must be external influences which cause some people to reject Jesus. Does everybody receive an equal amount of Satan's poison?
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

so get on the winning side..Smile

Even if I believed that Jesus was the son of God, I'm not sure how I could overlook the fact that Bible-God is a monster Drunk
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 07:38 pm
Quote:
Pasture Timmy said: Since everybody is created equal, it must be external influences which cause some people to reject Jesus. Does everybody receive an equal amount of Satan's poison?
Even if I believed that Jesus was the son of God, I'm not sure how I could overlook the fact that Bible-God is a monster

1- Satan has a go at EVERYBODY, he even tried it with Jesus and Peter!
He sifts our minds to pick up on any thoughts or memories or flaws in our character, then tries to make them flare up to sabotage us.
For example he hates the cross so much that he's poisoned Jehovahs Witnesses minds into believing that Jesus was crucified on a pole!
He's also convinced them that church spires, christmas and birthdays are evil, and that they must let their kids die without a transfusion!

2- God only zapped heathens in the past if they deserved it, that doesn't make him a monster!
Anyway Satan is the real monster-
Jesus said "Satan has bound this crippled woman for eighteen years" (Luke 13:16), then he cured her..Smile
Pasture Timmy

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 11:49 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Pasture Timmy said: Since everybody is created equal, it must be external influences which cause some people to reject Jesus. Does everybody receive an equal amount of Satan's poison?

1- Satan has a go at EVERYBODY, he even tried it with Jesus and Peter!
"He sifts our minds to pick up on any thoughts or memories or flaws in our character"

Everybody is created equal, what causes some people to develop character flaws? Does everybody receive an equal amount of Satan's poison?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 11:33 am
For example if somebody has a flaw in their character like anger, Satan will try to make them angry by poisoning their minds with anger thoughts to make them flare up.
Same with people who love money, he'll poison their mind with the idea that they're worthless if they're poor.
And so on, there are dozens of his little tricks and he does it to us all, he sifts our minds looking for things he can pick up on and use against us-
Jesus said to Peter - "Satan wanted to sift you" (Luke 22:31)
Christians can tell when he's having a go at them, and they just ignore him..Smile
"Don't give the devil a foothold" (Eph 4:27)
"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (James 4:7)

0 Replies

Pasture Timmy

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 06:57 pm
@Pasture Timmy,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

"For example if somebody has a flaw in their character"
What causes some people to develop character flaws?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 07:30 pm
We're ALL born with various kinds of flaws because they're in our DNA from primitive caveman times. For example some people are by nature like nasty, spiteful, greedy, selfish, violent animals-
"These men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed.." (2 Peter 2:12)

But we can overcome our flaws and avoid ending up as beefburgers like them..Smile
Pasture Timmy

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 09:52 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
We're ALL born with various kinds of flaws because they're in our DNA from primitive caveman times.
Were Adam and Eve created with flaws in their character?
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
But we can overcome our flaws...
I overcame mine when I realized that "free will" was an illusion Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 05:02 pm
Adam and Eve were not perfect because they disobeyed God's orders not to eat the apple.
There are two main things to learn from the story-
1- Don't disobey God
2- Satan will try to make you disobey God.

I mean, Eve was hungry so Satan (the snake) picked up on that and used it against her-
SATAN - "Hmm, that apple looks yummy.."
EVE - "I'm not supposed to touch it"
SATAN - "Don't be daft, if you don't have it Adam will, and then laugh at you for being a dumb little girly, you know how men are"
EVE - "I'm forbidden to have it"
SATAN - "Hmm...Your skin looks a bit dry, fresh fruit would work wonders for your complexion"
EVE - "Leave me alone!"
SATAN - "It'll just rot if left on the tree, what a waste.."
EVE - "Shut up"
SATAN - "Apples are good for teeth, you don't want yours to turn black do you?"
EVE - "Oh be quiet!"
SATAN - "You'll get scurvy without vitamin C and your gums will puff up like a boxers gumshield"..
EVE - "Clam up!"
SATAN - "Okay okay, scuse me for breathing, none of my business if you want to end up looking like a cross between Mike Tyson and Ugly Betty"..
EVE - "Hmm okay, I'd better eat it, but don't tell anyone"
SATAN - "Sure, sure, you can trust me"..
Pasture Timmy

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 11:02 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

"Adam and Eve were not perfect"

No wonder they behaved imperfectly Sad
Do you think God is pleased with the result of the imperfection he created?

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 11:46 pm
We're ALL imperfect, because we've got all that DNA sloshing around in us that we inherited from our primitive caveman ancestors.
Jesus was half-human and knew it tainted him which is why he got fed up with people calling him great, and had to remind them -"Why do you call me good? Only God is good" (Luke 18:19)
Pasture Timmy

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 09:43 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

We're ALL imperfect, because we've got all that DNA sloshing around in us that we inherited from our primitive caveman ancestors.
"Jesus was half-human and knew it tainted him"

Your story makes more sense than most, but which came first, our primitive caveman ancestors or Adam and Eve?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 08:22 pm
The Adam/Eve thing is just a pretty little story so don't get too hooked on it.
The two of them might simply have stood for ALL the early cave people who Satan was trying to bully.
Pasture Timmy

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 09:52 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

The Adam/Eve thing is just a pretty little story so don't get too hooked on it.
The two of them might simply have stood for ALL the early cave people who Satan was trying to bully.

No wonder we share many of the same beliefs; I suspect that like me, you are also a member of NACA!
0 Replies