The New Tonto (in the new lone ranger film)

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2013 05:13 pm
@panzade,
Report back - who made that, and so on.

My father went to work as a cutter in the late twenties..

I don't presently have movie access but I'm still following, somewhat, re reviews from here or there.

A good film is dear, a word my grandmother would have used, though probably not about films I like.
panzade

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2013 07:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Sound City : A documentary on the fabled recording studio that was located in Van Nuys, California.
It was directed by Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl.

Quote:
Sound City Studios was located in the San Fernando Valley, amidst rows of dilapidated warehouses.
The little-known recording studio housed a unique recording console and a reputation for recording drums. Artists such as Fleetwood Mac, Neil Young, Rick Springfield, Tom Petty, Kyuss, Slipknot and Nirvana recorded groundbreaking music at the studio.

The film tells the story of the studio from its early days in 1969 until its closing in 2011. It then follows Dave Grohl's purchase of the studio's custom analog console, which he moved to his personal studio, Studio 606.

Famous musicians who recorded at Sound City reunite at Studio 606 for a jam session and to make an album of "all-new all-original songs, each one composed and recorded exclusively for the film within its own 24-hour session on that console
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2013 07:34 pm
Do you know about the guy, Don Was? (We may have talked re him, I don't remember, and don't mean to be invasive to him).
panzade

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2013 07:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Interesting guy. Have you met him?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2013 07:42 pm
@panzade,
He and his wife were design clients for several years.

I can't say I knew either of them well. I liked him.
0 Replies