in the end, what is our purpose and how is it defined?

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 03:13 pm
@north,
That sounds good to me!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 07:34 am
@Tifinden,
Just being has no purpose that I can see.

hamilton

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 04:40 pm
@Tifinden,
which end?
death?
the world?
the universe?
which end?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 05:19 pm
@reasoning logic,
...be-ing is the purpose ! ( Dasein will be pleased, lol ! )
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 05:38 pm
My end was birth, then the day after my birth, and then every day since then, and now seven decades later, the death leading to my eternal cosmic participation .
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 11:18 pm
@JLNobody,
...a fair sensible answer J... Wink
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 01:54 pm
IS THERE AN END?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 02:06 pm
@hamilton,
Maybe I am wrong but I do think death is the end of your consciousness but other than that there is no such thing as an absolute end of every thing "it just seems to get recycled or evolves into something else but this is only my opinion!
hamilton

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 02:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
well, yes, because of the conservation of energy law. but those law's cant be proved beyond a doubt, even if the data was consistent every time!
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 02:11 pm
@hamilton,
...good you are learning fast...use the pragmatic approach on induction...do you have a good reason to guess instead of use induction ? so far induction has done a reasonable job although of course tomorrow the world might change...
hamilton

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 02:12 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
jeezum. now i'm scared...

(thanks! i try.)
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 02:18 pm
@hamilton,
...note that with the word might I am just empathizing that we don´t know and not saying that it will change for a different set of rules...we observe regularity´s in nature but we cannot tell with certainty that those regularity´s won´t change tomorrow...

imagine that you would conclude that apples are green based on the regularity of say for instance 100 observations on green apples, but of course if you kept observing you would conclude that in fact yellow apples also exist...that´s the problem of induction ! we have no way of saying for sure how the future will be...although so far it has been proven regular...
hamilton

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 02:20 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
i understand that. but if one thing were to change that killed all the green apples (or most of them) then red apples would take a rise, and eventually, we would say that all apples are red.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 02:23 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
There does seem to be so much for all of us to learn and the many tools that we have to do so can make the job easier. When you brought up Dasein in another post it reminded me of this video!

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 02:23 pm
@hamilton,
...if it was true in the past that there were greens apples then a million years from that it would be true that apples could in potency be green and red and yellow...that does not change it a bit !
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 04:34 am
We create our reality. We create our purpose. That doesn't make it any less real or important.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:54 am
@Cyracuz,
...I dislike the term "create" for several reasons but mainly because it leans towards a transcendent autistic disruptive and temporal (not final) interpretation upon a systemic web of relations that cannot be if not as a whole pointing to primitives and final "causes"...therefore naturally the "I" falls as an "effect" of the system and the term "create" ends up being substituted by the term discover...mind that relative measurement still holds on what you call the "I" "creating" the world, that is, the truthfulness of the phenomena of such measurement is contained in the web of potential relations further down described by an higher degree of order in the System as a final set...
Tifinden

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 07:39 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I feel as though your garrulousness doth vex me exorbitantly and to an extraneous extent. The matter which you excessively here expound is riddled with the flagrant caliber of equivocality and a reconditeness which mayhas is interpreted by the endeavor of your mind alone- rudimentarily, even my intellectual jargon has a purpose...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 07:50 pm
@Tifinden,
Quote:
in the end, what is our purpose and how is it defined?
People thru out America who have returned from death
of the human body (in hospitals) have reported that our human lives
r judged in Heaven (by ourselves) by 2 criteria: 1. Love and 2. Learning.

David
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 08:26 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Try to think of it as a state of constant negotiation. I do what I can, and you do what you can, and despite both our efforts, the outcome is something that neither of us wished for, but that we both can live with. The proof is that you live to debate another day. If there is one thing I've learned it's this: the moment you think you've got it figured... you're wrong...