cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 09:50 pm
@Logicus,
Someone can 'ALWAYS' do a better job on almost anything; besides it being subjectively evaluated.
Logicus

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 10:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Maybe many subjective view are the key to finding the Truth to something.
RexRed

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 02:29 pm
U.S. Readies SAC Charges
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323829104578624611979212632.html
https://sphotos-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1000119_642720959074537_1236169379_n.jpg
RexRed

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 02:44 pm
Obamacare won't slash workers' hours, report finds
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/obamacare-wont-kill-jobs-slash-hours-report-finds-6C10732487
RexRed

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 02:47 pm
@Logicus,
I personally can say without much doubt that I dislike his politics and policies and I personally don't think I like him either...
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 03:08 pm
@RexRed,
In order to find out what this story is about I have to subscribe to the WSJ? I dont think so.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 04:22 pm
@Logicus,
That's how some people create new things. Steve Jobs was a genius at inventing high tech stuff that had wide demand all around the world. That seems to have been lost soon after Jobs lost his life, and Apple is now struggling.
Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 05:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well, I'm sure Apple had its struggles even with Steve Jobs around. Maybe he was better at concealing and/or solving the problems.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:47 pm
@Logicus,
Your negative outlook of Steve Jobs is interesting; he created the richest company in the world - not that long ago. Yea, they're not as rich today, but that doesn't take anything away from Mr Jobs.
Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Your positive outlook on Steve Jobs is not as surprising. To consider something, we have to view it positively and negatively, even if it means going against what everyone thinks about the topic.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:57 pm
@Logicus,
True!
Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 07:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Then we are in agreement.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 10:44 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/64420_402777889828076_107488149_n.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 10:34 am
John Fugelsang: What to say to people who still defend Wal-Mart
http://current.com/shows/viewpoint/videos/john-fugelsang-what-to-say-to-people-who-still-defend-walmart/
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 01:55 pm
@RexRed,
Conservatives are good at creating fear where there are none! As a matter of fact, the US has been creating 200,000 jobs every month because demand is increasing for most goods and services. Companies are fickle about creating jobs when demand is too low.

What that means is that going forward, those jobs provides workers with more spending money to increase demand for more goods and services.

Because of the world recession, our growth will be slow but steady.

Conservatives do not want Obama to succeed in any way, and they're still voting to defeat ObamaCare (20X's). When our voters continue to reelect dummies into our government, we can't expect miracles of bigger job growth.

0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 07:00 pm
Here's one problem that's tied to capitalism that I can't really see how capitalism is ever going to solve. It's not a catastrophic one, just small and extremely irritating.

About 5 years ago you could buy excellent mechanical pencils at CVS. They were made by BIC. They cost 20 cents each, and each one lasted until you ran the eraser down, which usually took over a week. Usually I lost a pencil long before it stopped working for me. I would buy a pack of 10, and it would last a few months.

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/Staples/s0364428_sc7?$splssku$

Well, I guess CVS wasn't happy selling quality products, because the new 20-cent pencils they are selling are absolute crap. The erasers pop out if you turn them upside down in a backpack, and the mechanical leads just come pouring out the back. I have to buy a couple dozen of them every week or so. They have others whose erasers don't pop out, but the leads snap every 5 minutes, or occasionally just come pouring out the front.

Why is CVS doing this to us? Well, they've figured out that if they sell quality I will buy pencils from them every few months whereas if they sell garbage I'll buy from them every week. The old BIC pencils were so good that people weren't buying that many of them. People didn't need to. Sell junk, and people will buy tons and tons of it.

Capitalism... Rolling Eyes
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 07:09 pm
@Kolyo,
There's that old adage, you get what you pay for. .20c today is like a penny a couple of decades ago.

What you get with capitalism is price vs quality, but if you do your research, you can still find good bargains out in the market place. Many department stores and office supply stores now have sales on school supplies. A good time to shop.
RexRed

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 07:20 pm
@Kolyo,
Well since so many of our factories have been moved to China for cheaper labor, the Chinese can't read the labels on American chemicals which are in English.

So instead they use the graphite hardener in the baby formula they manufacture and the baby formula emulsifier in the pencil graphite.

The two bottles look the same other than the strange English markings on the front and who expects 4 year old Chinese worker making 20 cents a day to not get confused or to know advanced English...

Can you say emulsifier?

The same with the eraser, on one side of the factory they manufacture the pencil plastic body with metric measurements and on the other side of the factory they manufacture the eraser with US measurements. Try and explain the difference to a 4 year old Chinese worker making 20 cents a day.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 07:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

A good time to shop.

A very good time. You can still get those BIC pencils I mentioned at Staples.

I may stock up about 200 of them, before they stop selling them anywhere. Those 200 should last for years,
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 07:41 pm
Try and explain to a Walmart worker with cerebral palsy working for minimum wage that the pantyhose display goes in women't apparel and not lawn and garden.

Do you really think they care? Should they care?
0 Replies